WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Every woman goes through menstruation problems at one time or another, though the degree or say severity of pain may vary from person to person. For some of us it is a cause of great discomfort which hinders the day to day life. When I was a teen I suffered from painful menstruation myself. I could not go out infact I did not wanted to go out myself and be seen in such a miserable condition.
Though, I still hate that time of the month but I don’t know why my perspective towards it always changes as soon as I remember what it does for us ladies… getting rid of impure blood from our body.. remember. All things have a price and these discomforts are the price we pay to get our system cleaned.
Common menstruation problems include:
• Cramps: During first few days of periods many women face abdominal cramps. These cramps are caused due to the presence of a chemical (prostaglandin) in our body which makes the uterus muscles contract. These contractions can be severe at times and a doctor must be consulted.
• Irregular periods: Hormonal changes are the cause of irregular menstruation cycle among women. Generally the menstruation cycle is of 28 days, although for some it can be of 21 days. Skipping a period is not a matter of concern until you are sexually active or this happens on a regular basis.
• Delayed menarche: This is basically a genetic factor. Some girls start having menstruation cycle at an early age (9-10 years) while some don’t until their teens. This should be a matter of concern if a girl does not have her periods by three years after starting her puberty.
Apart from these common problems there are few other menstruation problems that require medical attention. These include:
1. Primary Amenorrhea: It is a situation in which a girl does not have her periods even after three years of puberty. Hormonal imbalance or genetic conditions causes’ primary amenorrhea.
2. Secondary Amenorrhea: It is a situation in which a woman suddenly stops having periods for more than 6 months, though she used to have normal periods earlier.
Causes of Amenorrhea:
2. Poor diet
3. Hormonal imbalance
4. Thyroid problems
5. Considerable weight loss or weight gain
• Menorrhagia: When someone suffers from heavy and prolonged period (that last longer than 7 days) then it is said to be a case of Menorrhagia. It is caused due to estrogen and progesterone imbalance in the body.
Causes of Menorrhagia:
1. Thyroid problem
2. Clotting disorders
3. Vaginal or cervix infection
4. Uterus cancer
• Dysmenorrhea: It is a condition of painful periods. Though mild pain can be caused due to cramps but if someone faces excessive pain during menstruation then a doctor must be consulted. Fibroids in the uterus can also be one of the causes of Dysmenorrhea.
Enough about the problems now let me give you some home remedies to over come this pain. These tips may come handy in case you can not go to a doctor for some reason. But do not forget to get a checkup done in case you are noticing the above symptoms.
Some home remedies for menstruation problems:
• Boil 1-2 teaspoon of sesame seeds in a glass of water. Keep it for some time and then strain this mixture. Drink this magic portion two to three times in a day.
• Eat a raw papaya to ease menstruation pain.
• Banana flower, cooked in oil with curd, provides immediate relief severe back pain and excessive bleeding.
• Pound a piece of fresh ginger and boil it with a cup of water. Drink this water thrice daily to get rid of pain.
• Take half teaspoon of cinnamon and have it with a glass of milk every night to ease cramps.
• Powdered radish seeds when consumed with a glass of cow’s milk can cure problems like irregular periods.
• In case of severe pain and irregular blood flow drink half cup of parsley juice.
• Lemon grass tea is beneficial in case of painful menstruation.
• Avoid smoking to ease yourself from menstruation problems.
So what do you do to ease yourself of this pain?
Menstruation: Myths and Facts About Periods
Vaginal infection + Lactacyd- Medicated Perineal Wash Review
How To Get Pregnant
Home Remedies for Thick Eyebrows
Split Hair Ends: Home Remedies and Treatment
Frizzy Hair: Causes, Treatments, Products, Home Remedies
Home Remedies for Cracked Heels
Glowing Skin Home Remedies
Hair Dandruff: Home Remedies and Treatment
Anti Aging Skin Home Remedies
Home Remedies for Blemishes
Home Remedies for White Teeth
Dry Skin Care: Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Home Remedies for Sunburn