Though scalp acne is less heard of than acne on the face or back, but it develops in the same way. At its most basic level, any pimple — including one that pops up on your scalp – is caused by some sort of blockage in the pore.
Hormonal changes, stress, humid conditions, pollution, certain chemicals and oils in shampoos, oily or greasy scalp etc are few causes of scalp acne.
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
Home remedies for Scalp Acne
Mentioned below are some steps that you can take at home to prevent or minimize outbreaks. Herbal products are much preferred over the steroid and medicated shampoos as they (steroids) can do more damage than good on the delicate scalp skin.
• Try grinding nutmeg with raw milk and then leaving it on the acne for an hour or two. You find acne disappearing like magic, without any marks.
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
• Another very trusted and successful option is to mix some lime juice in equal proportions with some rose water and apply it to your scalp every night and wash it off after 30 minutes before washing your scalp again with cold water and patting it dry.
• Crush 2 tbsp fenugreek leaves and mix with water. Smooth the paste on your scalp and leave it on for about 10 minutes. Rinse it off with warm water.
• Regular rubbing of fresh garlic on and around the pimples will make your pimples disappear.
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
• Boil neem leaves in water. Let the steeped leaves to reach a comfortable yet warm temperature. Then, rinse your hair with this water.
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
• Make a mixture of equal portions of lime juice and rose water, and apply on the scalp. Leave it on for about half an hour, and then wash off with lukewarm water for relief from acne.
• Wet your hair and then pour a solution of equal areas of apple cider vinegar and lukewarm drinking water on your hair although massaging the scalp. Eventually, rinse it off right after about five minutes. It can help crystal clear the pores, disinfect the scalp, and recover the pH balance.
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India
Here are a few simple and effective prevention tips for scalp bumps:
SOLUTIONS FOR ACNE: 5 Remedies to Treat Acne at Home | Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars | 10 Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Acne | 8 Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars | 10 Tea Tree Oil Products for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin | Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne
• Build up your immune system. Have a healthy diet rich in proteins, vitamins and minerals to avoid such infections at very first place.
• Avoid sharing towels and combs with others as acne is contagious and it can be transferred from a person having scalp acne.
• Keep your hair clean and do not let dirt, sweat, and oils get trapped in the hair follicles.
HAIR: 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Regrow Hair on Bald Spots | 6 Hair Growth Secrets from Around the World | 7 Best Hair Oils For Faster Hair Growth | How to Make Rough Hair Silky | 30 Killer Hair Care Tips
• Massage your scalp with oil atleast once a week, for about 10-15 minutes, and then wash your hair to keep them healthy and shiny.
• Avoid using tight fitting hats, caps or any clothing.
• Drink plenty of water.
Home Remedies for Common Scalp Problems
Biotique Musk Root Pack For Hair and Scalp
10 Home Remedies to treat Chapped Lips
Home Remedies for Thick Eyebrows
Home Remedies for Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Lip Pigmentation- Remedies for Pigmented Lips
Home Remedies for Menstruation Problems
Glowing Skin Home Remedies
Home Remedies for Cracked Heels
Dry Skin Care: Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Anti Aging Skin Home Remedies
Home Remedies for Bleeding Gums
Home Remedies for Blemishes
Home Remedies for White Teeth
Home Remedies for Sunburn
Top 7 Skin Myths about Acne
Glycolic Acid Peel for Acne
Acne: Types, Causes and Cure
How to Get Rid of Acne Scars
How To Treat Scalp Acne
Treat Itchy Scalp With Home Remedies And Tips
Onion Hair Treatment For Problematic Scalp and Hair
How To Exfoliate Scalp At Home