WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Hi Everyone, 🙂
I am on a major cleaning phase right now. Clean makeup, clean brushes, clean wardrobe..everything detox and refresh. It’s a mad phase. loll!! Anyway, I just washed all my makeup brushes last night and realized that there are some brushes that I have used to death this past year. These brushes have held strong though out so I thought I’d share them with you all. 🙂
Most used eye makeup brushes in 2015
- A random thin eyeliner brush : I used gel eyeliner a lot last year but rather than using any special eyeliner brush I used this random unknown brand thin liner brush the most. I don’t even remember how I got hold of it I just couldn’t stop using it. Going by the look and shape of it, I think it is from Vega. If you are really struggling with your eyeliner application, Inglot 30T is a brilliant brush.
- Gucci Pencil Brush No 22 : I absolutely loved this brush for smudging my kohls day in and day out. The bristles are so soft and the brush is almost weightless. It also is such a gorgeous looking brush.
- MAC 217 Brush : I have 4-5 of these and I would never have enough of MAC 217 or MAC 217 alike brushes in my kit. The most versatile brush ever created. Apply eyeshadow and blend it with the same brush. Easy peasy. Sigma E 25 is the closest look alike.
- Tom Ford Brush in No 11 : A stunning gold and copper brush used both for applying the eyeshadow and blending it as well. It’s like a bigger version of MAC 217 but covers larger area. I love using it for applying highlight color on brow bone as well. Despite zillion washes it looks as new as ever.
- MAC 224 : What would I ever do without this brush. Blending eyeshadow, applying concealer, applying highlighter, applying powder on under eye concealer….you can do so much with this single brush. Sigma E 40 is a closest look alike.
5 Most used Face Makeup Brushes in 2015
- Hakuhodo KOO2 : Their brushes feel like petals against the skin. Hands down my most favourite powder brush till date. I don’t think I have barely picked up ant other powder brush in a while now.
- Sigma F 40 : I have used only this brush or I have a mini flat blush brush from Sephora for all things contouring. The slant shape just gets it right for me everytime. Love it. Some other options – Kat Von D Contour Brush, Inglot 3 P Brush
- MAC 116 Blush Brush : It has become my favourite blush brush ever. I was so addicted to Inglot Blush Brush but since the time I have got this, I haven’t looked back. The more I used it, the more it got on to me. And I feel the bristles have got softer over a period of time….it’s strange but true. Check out this list of 10 Blush Brushes available in India.
- Sephora Pro Airbrush Concealer Brush : I searched for this brush at so many places and honestly, it was so worth it. One of the most amazing concealer brushes I have in my kit. The kind of hold and precision this brush gives it beyond comparable. A total must have.
- Real Techniques Setting brush : My favourite brush for using highlighter on high points of my face. I love how precise it it gets and does not make your application go all over the place. Love it! 🙂
I’d love to know your most favourite makeup brushes from 2015. Also let mw know if you want more ‘favourites’ posts from 2015. I’d try to do them…while I am still on my cleaning marathon. 😛