Bonjour beauties! This is my first post on imbb and I would like to thank the imbb team for giving me this opportunity. I have been an avid follower of imbb for about 6 months now, though a silent reader. Anyways, today I’ll be reviewing Vega makeup brushes. I own 6 Vega brushes which I would be reviewing.
1. Vega Foundation brush: (Rs 170.00)
Pros of Vega Foundation Brush
• The hair is densely packed together. Quite a neat pack.
• Applies foundation nicely and evenly.
• Reasonable and especially good for makeup beginners such as myself.
• The hair does not soak up the foundation.
• I guess its availability is not an issue. (though not sure)
Cons of Vega Foundation Brush
• Sometimes it does leave streak marks but that can be avoided if used properly.
• Some of the hairs are not properly trimmed and are out of shape…though for me it still works.
Yes if you are looking for a nice budget buy foundation brush.
2. Vega Blush brush (Rs. 110.00)
Pros of Vega Blush Brush
• Quite a full brush ( if you know what I mean)
• Applies blush nicely as in blends the product as desired.
• Picks up the product properly.
• Can be used as a medium sized powder brush too.
Cons of Vega Blush Brush
• The brush is not soft at all. I mean its all scratchy. But I guess mine is like that because rati had mentioned it in one of her posts and she found it pretty nice.
• Sometimes when I use it one or two hair sticks to my face and also while cleaning it the hair falls sometimes…I guess mine was a defective piece.
It’s a nice brush but check it before buying.
3. Vega Eye Applicator Brush (Rs. 50.00)
This is your typical sponge applicator, the type you get with eyeshadow palettes. I don’t know why I got it in the first place. I mean it’s just a fancy looking one. And also its quite fragile like the sponge is not all intact although it doesn’t come off although I have a feeling with rough usage and storage it might.
No. Not at all.
4. Vega Eye Shadow Brush (medium) (Rs. 50.00)
Okay so this brush is good for packing on eyeshadows although before buying it check other alternatives out there because this is not a fluffy brush and just a medium strip of artificial hair. And that’s that about it.
Although I use it as a lip applicator…yup a lip applicator. This is perfect for applying gloss it just applies the correct amount of gloss evenly. It applies the gloss way better than the slanted tips (for me its Lakme and Colorbar juicy glosses). And when I say the correct amount…it does just that. So what I do is I just squeeze some gloss on to the brush and apply it beginning at the center and then filling the rest.
I actually don’t know. Doesn’t work as an eyeshadow applicator for me although if you happen to spot it see for yourself and then decide.
5. Vega Eyeliner Brush (Rs. 50.00)
Pros of Vega Eyeliner Brush
• This is a nice little brush, very lightweight and gives precise application of eyeliner.
• You can make a thin line with it and by thin I mean really thin…barely there, or build it up to make a thick line.
• The brush is thin so it fits into my eyeliner bottles ( mine are maybelline and lakme high definition eyeliner)
• I like this better than my maybelline brush tip as it is fatter that this one or for that matter the lakme high definition felt tip as it doesn’t pick up enough color)
Cons of Vega Eyeliner Brush
• Nothing that I can think of.
Yes if you want an easy application although not a must have cause decent brushes are provided with the eyeliners and also I don’t think you would carry it with the eyeliner bottles.
6. Vega Eye smudger (Rs. 60.00)
I love love love this brush! I apply kajal on my water line and then smudge it with this and it works perfectly! Also sometimes I apply eyepencil on my upper lashline and it smudges perfectly that too. The site says it’s a sponge tip and has a pvc foam eraser like tip.
Pros of Vega Eye smudger
• It works perfectly! Smudges as required.
• The tip is very sturdy.
Cons of Vega Eye smudger
• For dry lids moisturize first cause this might pull the skin there. Other than this is really nice.
Yup. Go buy it. Hopefully you won’t regret it. And this is something that even if you own nice high quality brushes you must buy and I am sure you’ll like it. Although no claims here!
Vega as a brand
I really appreciate that we have some Indian brand too manufacturing decent makeup brushes here. They also sell bath accessories and other stuff. This brand is quite reasonable and also the prices of all their products are listed on their site. Nice catch for makeup beginners. However they must improve their eye brushes.
Rating – 3/5
Sigma Sigmax Brushes Review
Sigma Brushes– Make Me Crazy Purple
Sigma Professional Brushes Kit Review
Sigma Professional Makeup Brushes Kit
Inglot Makeup Brushes Review
What Makeup Brushes Do You Need?
Makeup Brushes for Beginners
Colorbar Makeup Brushes Review