Hello beautiful IMBBians,
How are you all? Today, I am here to share my first makeup remover product from Neutrogena Naturals. Well, I am not into makeup fully yet, but I do love to use eyeliners, mascara occasionally. Not to forget, kohl is an integral part of my daily skin care and grooming regimen. I never leave home without using face powder and lip makeup (lip color/gloss and/or stain). Moreover, we enrolled Aadya for summer classes and now, I need to be “tinch-pinch” every day to accompany her through the class which also means I wear decent waterproof makeup every single day! Hence, I need to incorporate makeup remover in my daily CTM routine. Considering my decent expectations, I decided to start with my trustworthy drugstore brand “Neutrogena Naturals” as I have used and liked their cleanser and moisturizer before and I consistently use them in my skin care regimen as well. I should say I am also convinced with this makeup remover plus cleanser. So, please read on further to know more about Neutrogena Naturals Fresh Cleansing + Makeup Remover.
$7.49 for 6 Fl Oz. (177 ml), price may vary from store to store.
How To Use:
Wet face and hands with lukewarm water. Pump cleanser into hands and work into lather. Massage lather onto face with a gentle, circular motion. Massage around eyes several times until all makeup is removed. Rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry with a soft towel.
This pearly white cleanser comes in a white plastic packaging with a pump dispenser. It reminds me of my previous Neutrogena Naturals Fresh Cleanser as it looks exactly the same in packaging and even has the same weird gummy smell which is a slight turn off for me, but it’s not pathetic, luckily! I simply don’t get it, why all defective pump dispenser pieces are dropped in my shopping cart, gosh! I feel Neutrogena needs to seriously work on their packaging, especially these tight and fragile pump dispenser openings which are always freaking fit on the neck of the bottle and I always end up breaking it into two pieces! I don’t think it’s a good idea to carry it everywhere irrespective of whether the pump opening is defective or not.
My Experience with Neutrogena Naturals Fresh Cleansing + Makeup Remover:
I am glad to start with Neutrogena Naturals makeup remover which is serving my purpose to a good extent. It’s a decent cleanser as well as makeup remover which gives me squeaky clean skin while dissolving every single trace of makeup on my skin. I never felt dryness or irritation while using it for 3-4 weeks. As I mentioned earlier, I use decent amount of makeup every single day and hence I need to follow up with a good makeup remover every night before going to bed. This cleanser plus makeup remover never accentuated my skin issues. In fact, I feel it has helped me in keeping zits at bay up to some extent, though I still get teeny meeny bumps, but they are just a part of my life now 😛
I just need 2-3 pumps to work a rich lather which is sufficient to dissolve makeup and cleanse my skin at one go. It is impressive to notice that it gives me clear skin with no trace of makeup in a single stroke without ripping off moisture from my skin. I always use moisturizer post washing my face. However, sometimes I need to rub it on for a few seconds over eyes and other sensitive areas in order to dissolve every single trace of makeup, but it is rare; only when I use mascara or waterproof eyeliner that’s too stubborn to come off in a gentle stroke. It does not hurt or irritate my eyes, but to ease my task and pain of rubbing it around eyes, I usually wipe off mascara and waterproof liner with argan oil prior to using the cleanser, which really helps in gently wiping away stubborn stains without much hassle. I must say this cleanser removes argan oil plus remnants of makeup and dirt quite effectively in one gentle stroke.
Moreover, it never gave me scaly or dry skin even when I follow it up with Ole Henriksen Night Invigorating Gel. Instead, I wake up with clean and fresh skin. Considering its naturally-derived ingredients and gentle cleansing properties, I have started using it regularly in evenings, irrespective of whether I have used makeup or not. The only issue is that it takes time to form lather and I often end up using more than required in order to remove heavy makeup quickly, but I am okay with it as long as it gives me soft, clean and fresh skin which it actually does!
I don’t think I have any major issues with this decent cleanser other than the clumsy pump dispenser opening. I strongly believe that it is really efficient in cleansing and removing heavy makeup as most of my friends swear by this drugstore makeup remover to clean their heavy makeup every single day! As far as I have observed, this Neutrogena Naturals range in general is suitable for oily/acne-prone skin. I don’t feel comfortable using its cleanser during winters when my skin tends to become dry and hence this makeup remover might not be suitable for dry/sensitive skin gals. For oily/combination skin gals, it is definitely a keeper, especially if you are on a budget! I am quite impressed by this makeup remover and cleanser, though I feel I need to change my skin care every 6 months according to weather outside and hence I may limit its usage to summers and might try cleansers from different brands once I finish it off.
Let’s sum up the pros and cons:
Pros of Neutrogena Naturals Fresh Cleansing + Makeup Remover:
- An efficient cleanser plus makeup remover infused with nearly 86% naturally-derived ingredients.
- It is also formulated without harsh chemicals, sulfates, phthalates, parabens, dyes and petrolatum.
- It mildly cleanses and removes makeup efficiently in just one stroke as per its claim.
- It does not irritate or cause dryness around sensitive eye area even after rubbing it for several seconds.
- It does not accentuate any skin issues and does not lead to dry/scaly skin with regular use.
- It efficiently dissolves stubborn waterproof eye makeup such as mascara, eyeliner, etc.
- It leaves my skin squeaky clean yet soft and supple post wash though I always follow it up with a moisturizer.
- Just 2-3 pumps make enough rich lather to dissolve makeup as well as cleanse skin.
- It also helped me with oil control to a good extent.
- Helps in keeping zits at bay.
- Best for oily/combination skin beauties including gals with acne-prone skin.
- Can also be used as a regular face cleanser, I use it every single evening as part of my CTM routine irrespective of wearing makeup.
- It definitely gives me glowing, fresh skin in the morning.
- A really decent makeup remover plus cleanser.
Cons of Neutrogena Naturals Fresh Cleansing + Makeup Remover:
- Neutrogena Naturals should seriously look into their packaging, especially their cleanser and makeup remover, which are not suitable for travelling purpose.
- Their pump dispenser never works for me, I broke it into pieces on the very first day.
- It would not be suitable for dry/sensitive skin. I have observed that this Naturals range in general only works for me in summers and not winters when my skin becomes slightly dry.
- It takes time to form lather and we need to rub it several times for removing off stubborn waterproof makeup.
- It takes time and a lot of product to remove heavy waterproof eye makeup; however, I am not into heavy makeup hence it’s not a major issue for me.
Overall, I have nothing specific to complain about. I find it quite decent, which works above averagely on my skin; however, I am interested in trying other new stuff and hence may not get it again unless summers arrive as I know it is great deal for summers! Do try it out, it is definitely a decent fair deal which effectively cleanses every single trace of makeup off from skin leaving it clean, clear and soft at the same time. Not to forget, it’s 86% natural, what else do we need? I wanted to give it 4/5, but I need to deduct 0.5 marks for its pathetic cap and non-travel friendly packaging honestly and hence, I would rate it 3.5/5
Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Facial Cleanser
Neutrogena Naturals Multi-Vitamin Nourishing Moisturizer
Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating Cleanser/Mask Review
Neutrogena Visibly Clear Blackhead Eliminating Daily Scrub
Neutrogena Deep Clean Blackhead Eliminating Cooling Toner
Neutrogena Deep Clean Blackhead Eliminating Daily Scrub
Olay Clarity Fresh Cleanser
Colorbar Skin Fresh Start Water Cleanser
Fresh Soy Face Cleanser
Olay Fresh Effects Bead Me Up Exfoliating Cleanser
Bobbi Brown Soothing Cleansing Oil
Jovees Citrus Cleansing Milk
Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water
Clarins Total Cleansing Oil
Best Makeup Removers Available in India
Streetwear Makeup Remover
Best Homemade Makeup Removers
Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover
Sephora Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover