WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
NYX CHROME EYESHADOW REVIEW
NYX chrome eye shadows are one of the most raved about, best selling products from NYX and a lot of bloggers find it comparable to MAC pigments. So, being a major NYX fan, how could I stop myself from adding these to my collection? 😀
& I ordered these from cherry culture this time without depending on a phoren friend… :smug: :smug:
WHAT THE COMPANY CLAIMS ABOUT THE EYESHADOWS
- These eyeshadows provide an intense metallic effect with robust, iridescent color that shines!
- The powder is soft and silky & offers high pay off.
- A best seller to professional at trade shows, so get yours today.
- Chrome eyeshadow comes in fun, vibrant colors offering high-impact pay-off and unparalleled iridescence. The powder is soft and silky & offers an intense burst of color.
- The metallic & chrome shades are packaged in a mini jar.
Bursting in bold and bright colors, these chrome shadows accent the eyes with a silky, metallic finish. Choose from a rainbow of 60 knockout shades.
Net WT. 0.07oz (2g)
The shades I have are
I ordered these from cherry culture and this is how my bill looked like.
So, these 2 eye shadows costed me $ 22.75 or R. 1010. So, 1 eyeshadow = Rs.505.
As you can see, the shipping is almost equal to the products itself…grrrrrr…..
Also, here is a little weird part.
According to the website this is how the current packaging of these eye shadows looks like
But I received these square boxes like packaging !!!!!!! I mailed to their customer care but I think they found my query/complaint a bit too trivial to even revert . 🙁
This is how MINK eyeshadow looks like
It’s a beautiful golden shade
& this is how SECLUDE eyeshadow looks like
MY EXPERIENCE WITH THE EYE SHADOWS
I chose the two most basic shades which are very wearable and will go well with almost all of my formal /party dresses.
The eye shadows are really pigmented and long-lasting but they take a little extra work as they are basically made up of tiny particles (like mineral eye shadows). You would need a mixing medium, but If you are actually too lazy to use them with mixing medium… just use an eye shadow primer or a concealer (that’s how I deal with it ) – which helps the eye shadow stay on your lids and keep its color vibrant. It’s also very glittery…so I prefer to use this at night for a dinner or when you’re going out for a party. I think these are pretty comparable to MAC pigments but not exact dupes.
Quickly, I will summarize with listing its pros and cons
What is good about NYX chrome eye shadows?
• The powder is extremely soft and silky. When I held it, between my thumb & finger it just slipped.
• High pigmentation & color pay off
• Even without a base, they look really intense on the eyes.
• Available is a huge array of shades (about a whopping 60 of them)
• I couldn’t find parabens there in the list of ingredients. 🙂
• NYX does not test on animals
• Claims to be hypoallergenic
What is not so good about NYX chrome eye shadows?
• I didn’t like the packaging. It’s just gets a little messy (as you can even see in the pictures above, the bits of product around the rims)
• These aren’t matte finish, so can’t be worn during the day time.
• Not easily available in India. & the online sources we have charge a lot of shipping fee. 🙁
Will I buy this again?
I love the effect of these eye shadows, undoubtedly will buy other shades
IMBB rating- 4/5 -1 (0.5 for silly packaging & 0.5 for non availability in India) 😛
Have you used NYX Chrome eyeshadows? Please rate in the box below
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil Milk Review, Swatches
NYX Rouge Cream Blush Review – Natural
NYX Cosmetics Review
NYX Slim Lip Liner Pencil in Natural and Hot Red Review
NYX Powder Blush Pinched Review, Swatch
NYX Studio Perfect Primer Review