NYX CHROME EYESHADOW REVIEW
NYX chrome eye shadows are one of the most raved about, best selling products from NYX and a lot of bloggers find it comparable to MAC pigments. So, being a major NYX fan, how could I stop myself from adding these to my collection? 😀
& I ordered these from cherry culture this time without depending on a phoren friend… :smug: :smug:
WHAT THE COMPANY CLAIMS ABOUT THE EYESHADOWS
- These eyeshadows provide an intense metallic effect with robust, iridescent color that shines!
- The powder is soft and silky & offers high pay off.
- A best seller to professional at trade shows, so get yours today.
- Chrome eyeshadow comes in fun, vibrant colors offering high-impact pay-off and unparalleled iridescence. The powder is soft and silky & offers an intense burst of color.
- The metallic & chrome shades are packaged in a mini jar.
Bursting in bold and bright colors, these chrome shadows accent the eyes with a silky, metallic finish. Choose from a rainbow of 60 knockout shades.
Net WT. 0.07oz (2g)
The shades I have are
I ordered these from cherry culture and this is how my bill looked like.
So, these 2 eye shadows costed me $ 22.75 or R. 1010. So, 1 eyeshadow = Rs.505.
As you can see, the shipping is almost equal to the products itself…grrrrrr…..
Also, here is a little weird part.
According to the website this is how the current packaging of these eye shadows looks like
But I received these square boxes like packaging !!!!!!! I mailed to their customer care but I think they found my query/complaint a bit too trivial to even revert . 🙁
This is how MINK eyeshadow looks like
It’s a beautiful golden shade
& this is how SECLUDE eyeshadow looks like
MY EXPERIENCE WITH THE EYE SHADOWS
I chose the two most basic shades which are very wearable and will go well with almost all of my formal /party dresses.
The eye shadows are really pigmented and long-lasting but they take a little extra work as they are basically made up of tiny particles (like mineral eye shadows). You would need a mixing medium, but If you are actually too lazy to use them with mixing medium… just use an eye shadow primer or a concealer (that’s how I deal with it ) – which helps the eye shadow stay on your lids and keep its color vibrant. It’s also very glittery…so I prefer to use this at night for a dinner or when you’re going out for a party. I think these are pretty comparable to MAC pigments but not exact dupes.
Quickly, I will summarize with listing its pros and cons
What is good about NYX chrome eye shadows?
• The powder is extremely soft and silky. When I held it, between my thumb & finger it just slipped.
• High pigmentation & color pay off
• Even without a base, they look really intense on the eyes.
• Available is a huge array of shades (about a whopping 60 of them)
• I couldn’t find parabens there in the list of ingredients. 🙂
• NYX does not test on animals
• Claims to be hypoallergenic
What is not so good about NYX chrome eye shadows?
• I didn’t like the packaging. It’s just gets a little messy (as you can even see in the pictures above, the bits of product around the rims)
• These aren’t matte finish, so can’t be worn during the day time.
• Not easily available in India. & the online sources we have charge a lot of shipping fee. 🙁
Will I buy this again?
I love the effect of these eye shadows, undoubtedly will buy other shades
IMBB rating- 4/5 -1 (0.5 for silly packaging & 0.5 for non availability in India) 😛
Have you used NYX Chrome eyeshadows? Please rate in the box below
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil Milk Review, Swatches
NYX Rouge Cream Blush Review – Natural
NYX Cosmetics Review
NYX Slim Lip Liner Pencil in Natural and Hot Red Review
NYX Powder Blush Pinched Review, Swatch
NYX Studio Perfect Primer Review