Oriflame Beauty Silk Touch Pressed Powder Review
I am reviewing here today, this silk touch pressed powder from Oriflame, which I got around 2 months back. A friend of mine recommended this to me and also told me that she has been using this particular pressed powder for 2+ years. Going by her word, I got this and now I am sharing my experience with this compact.
WHAT THE COMPANY CLAIMS ABOUT THE PRODUCT:
• Weightless pressed powder with advanced silk extract.
• Delivers perfecting coverage with a luminous, natural finish.
• Buildable coverage that you can take with you, for long lasting luminous glow!
• Includes sponge applicator.
TALC, ZEA MAYS, MICA, DIMETHICONE, ZINC STEARATE, SILICA, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE, OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE, ZEOLITE, CETEARYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, NYLON-12, SERICA, METHYLPARABEN, SORBIC ACID, LAUROYL LYSINE, POLYETHYLENE, PARFUM, PROPYLPARABEN, TETRASODIUM EDTA, BHT, CI 77163, CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499
The one that I got is Light.
The pressed powder comes in a square-shaped, dark blue plastic, glossy packaging. It comes with a built-in mirror and applicator.
The pressed powder comes with this thin puff/sponge like applicator which is soft. I rarely use it though, since I prefer a kabuki or a flat top buffer brush to apply this.
MY EXPERIENCE WITH THE PRODUCT:
The name of the pressed powder “Silk Touch” fits the product completely. I have used and tried pressed powders from other brands too, but this is by far one of the finest, silkiest one I have used till date. Not only is the powder extremely soft to touch, but it even makes my facial skin extremely soft, smooth, and silky too.:makeup: :makeup: :makeup: :makeup:
I have been using this pressed powder every day for like 2 months now, and I am still hooked on to it. I just apply some primer on my face and then this silk touch pressed powder with a flat top kabuki and I am done for at least 3-4 hours if I am staying indoors in my office. Earlier I would use a TM for my daily makeup, but now I can easily skip that and totally depend on this. I have slightly oily skin, but have never had any issues with this.
If you have extremely oily skin, I would suggest you should try their matte version. This one, IMO is apt for beauties with normal to combination skin type. Talking about coverage, this pressed powder gives you a light veil of coverage, so if you have dark spots or blemishes, you need to conceal them beforehand and not expect much from this. This is a good pressed powder, but not something you can compare with MAC Studio fix powder or Colorbar’s triple-act compact in terms of coverage. Overall, I am satisfied with this pressed powder and I would definitely repurchase & recommend.
WHAT IS GOOD ABOUT ORIFLAME SILK TOUCH PRESSED POWDER:
• Extremely soft and silky texture, very easy to blend in.
• Makes skin softer after application.
• Very lightweight on the skin and gives no ashy/cakey finish.
• Suitable for normal-to-combination skin type.
• Quantity offered is good. One pack will easily last for at least 4-5 months even if used daily.
• Easy-to-carry packaging with a built-in mirror and applicator, good for on-the-go touch ups.
• Suitable for sensitive skin.
• Very mildly fragranced.
• Being an Oriflame product, it keeps coming at good discounted price too.
WHAT IS NOT-SO-GOOD ABOUT ORIFLAME SILK TOUCH PRESSED POWDER:
• The shade selection is extremely poor, just two. Even though the shade that I got matches pretty well with my skin tone, but I would have loved it more if it had a slight yellow tone. This is the one major drawback with Oriflame products (foundations/compacts) since the products are manufactured abroad, but I guess they should develop their base makeup range keeping in mind the Asian skin tone too
• Not sure how well it would work on extremely oily skin/on controlling oil.
• Little expensive if bought at full MRP (without any scheme/discount).
• Available via Oriflame agents only.
• Contains parabens
MAC Studio Careblend Powder Review
Pressed or Loose Powder?
MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder
Avon Simply Pretty Foundation, Pressed Powder, Lipstick Review, Photos, Swatches
Street Wear Girl Magic Compact
Oriflame Visions V* Compact Review
MAC Blot Powder Photos, Swatches
The Body Shop Loose Face Powder
Ask IMBB Gang : Is Loose Powder the Best Way to Set Foundation?
Oriflame Pure Colour Perfect Powder
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Medium Dark
MAC Golden Lariat Mineralize Skinfinish Review, Photos, Swatches
MAC Mineralize Satinfinish Foundation
Revlon Skinlights Face Illuminator Loose Powder
Lotus Herbals Translucent Loose Powder
Chambor Luminous Compact Powder, Concealer Photos
Bourjois Mineral Enriched Loose Powder
The Body Shop Loose Face Powder