Oriflame Very Me Lipmania Review, pics and swatches.
I love lip glosses/lip balms more than lipsticks and more so when they have a light tint of color. I kind of liked the ‘Very Me Lipmania (nice name no?)’ that was introduced in the April issue and ordered 3 of them, one for me, one for my mom and one for a friend(reminded of ba ba black sheep ). Pink Blush, Mocha Dream and Red Vibe were what I selected from the ten shades provided.
What the catalogue says about the product.
Get sheer high gloss coverage in intense shades you love. Specially designed packaging for every facet of you! Ten great shades in funky packaging that’ll have you head over heels. Why stop at one when you can have them all? You can always have too many shoes or too many shades.
Price and quantity : 4 gms for 169 INR(offer price – 129 INR)
My take on the product
Frankly I did not expect much from these. But the product turned out to be actually good. ☺ It comes in a transparent plastic case and the name of the color is given at the bottom. Pink Blush is a little more pink than Nivea Fruity Shine in Strawberry, Mocha Dream is a nice brown with red tones and Red Vibe is a mild red and actually had more shimmer than the other two.
I would say that the product is an awesome cross between lip gloss and lip stick. It looks and glides like a lipstick and the color and finish are like that of a lip gloss. 🙂 I quite liked it and so do my mom and my friend. Unfortunately, I was trying to safeguard the Mocha Dream from my daughter and in the process I broke it ☹ but my mom didn’t mind and is very happy with the color. 🙂
What I liked about Oriflame Lipmania Lipsticks
• Not at all waxy.
• Glides on easily and the consistency is not very runny too.
• It moisturizes the lips to an extent. I have worn it some 6 to 7 times and I’ve never needed a lip balm underneath.
• It doesn’t dry the lips.
• The pigmentation is good, if you regard it as a lip gloss. I have pigmented lips but Pink Blush actually showed on my lips.
• Price and quantity is good enough.
• The transparent case is very pretty.
• Can be used on top of matte lipsticks to give a glossy finish to it.
• Oriflame products are not tested on animals.
• You can pick up some new colors that you haven’t tried in lipsticks from this range. If you like the shade you can go ahead and try the lipsticks of the same shade. And if you don’t like it you can still use it as a gloss on top of your other lipsticks. 🙂
What I didn’t like much about Oriflame Lipmania Lipsticks
• Ingredient list not mentioned.
• Can be obtained only from oriflame agents.
• Choosing lipstick colors from the catalogue can sometimes be misleading. If you end up with similar shades then finding the name of the lipmania from the back of the case can be a little frustrating ☹ They have tried to put in a lot of writing within that small place . 🙁
• Yes, butter hands like me have to be super careful while handling it. Guess that is the case with every lipstick so this is not really a con but a warning.
• Staying power… is it me or lipsticks/glosses/balms in general. Nothing stays for more than two hours.
• I wish it came sealed. A simple plastic seal would do. Well many of the products, even ones we buy from the stores are not sealed but I just wish they would.
Would I recommend it? Ho yes, it is actually a good one but I feel a single color from the collection would do. After all there are so many other brands to try . 🙂
Will I buy it again? Yes, I’m eyeing Mocha Dream lipstick next after this finishes or after I drop and damage it completely beyond usage, whichever happens first 😛
Personally I would rate it 4 on 5…. 1 point deducted for all the cons put together. 🙂
Have you used Oriflame Lipmania Lipsticks? Please rate in the box below
Oriflame Powershine Lipstick in Frosted Champagne Photos, Swatches
Oriflame Pure Colour On the Go Lipsticks, Very Me Clickit Stains, Lip Glosses
Oriflame Power Shine Lipsticks
Oriflame Triple Core Lipstick
Oriflame Visions Lipstick and Street Wear Lip Gloss
Oriflame Visions lipsticks
Oriflame Visions V Lipsticks: Six more Lipstick Shades
Oriflame Hydracolour Lipstick ‘Pink Clouburst’ Review and Swatch