WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Rose Water Skin Care Recipes and Ideas
Rose water is used in a variety of ways in skin care treatments. The best part of using rose water for skin is that it is suitable for every skin type. Whether you have an oily skin or a dry one, sensitive skin or normal skin, rose water is perfect for you. It also has some antiseptic and anti-bacterial properties that help to do away with some of the basic skin problems if used in the right way. It is gentle on your skin and has a heavenly smell.
Rose water is effective in soothing, balancing, toning and moisturizing your skin so that you feel rejuvenated and refreshed. Once you start realizing how easily you can take care of your skin with the help of rose water, I am sure it is going to take a permanent place among your beauty products.
Rose Water Beauty Tips for Skin:
• Use Rose Water instead of plain water while you prepare your face packs; this would help to enhance the effectiveness as rosewater is endowed with natural cleansing as well as moisturizing properties.
• Use it directly on your skin as a cleanser. Since it has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties, it helps to take out dirt and oil from clogged pores and trim down the problem of pimples and acnes.
• Dab it on your face and use it as a toner. If you can do it everyday, you would notice significant diminishing of open pores. It helps to hydrate your skin, give a youthful touch and prevent wrinkles.
RoseWater Skin Care Recipes: Seven Easy Ideas
1. Rosewater-Glycerin cleanser: Add two spoons of glycerin and a few drops of rose essential oil to a cup of rose water. Use it as a cleanser for your face. It is very gentle on your skin and helps to lessen chances of getting fine lines.
2. Rosewater-Lemon juice skin tonic– Mix rose water and lemon juice in equal quantities. Wash your face, preferably with warm water since that would help to open up the pores. Apply the mixture on the affected area and wait for fifteen minutes. It is useful to reduce pimples and acnes. It is however recommended that you get a patch test done before application as you might suffer from irritations if it does not suit you.
3. Rosewater-Sandalwood pack- Add one spoon of sandalwood powder with one spoon of rosewater. Apply the paste on your face to get rid of acnes. This must be done once in a week.
4. Fenugreek Rosewater pack- Soak a few fenugreek seeds in water overnight and make a fine paste by crushing them in a blender. Add rose water. Apply it on your face. Keep it on for about twenty minutes and rinse in cold water. This pack is helpful in treating acnes.
5. Rosewater-Fullers Earth faces pack (for oily skin): If you have a tough time controlling excessive oil secretion, try this pack. Take some fuller’s earth (multani mitti) and add some rosewater to make a fine paste. Add a few drops of lemon juice. It cleanses pores effectively and prevents excessive oil secretion.
6. Rosewater-Almonds face pack (for dry skin): Make a paste of almonds and combine it with rose water. You may also add some honey. This face pack is excellent for dry skin.
7. Rosewater-Honey face pack (for sensitive skin): Mix rosewater, milk and honey. Add some oatmeal and make a paste. Apply it on your face and let it dry. Rinse with cold water.
How to Make Rose Water At Home?
Instead of relying on the ready-made rosewater available in fancy bottles in your favorite cosmetic stores, if you want to prepare rosewater at home for your beauty needs, you would require some rose petals (if possible, free from pesticides) and a pot of water. Trim the petals and add adequate water. Let it boil for about twenty minutes. The liquid should be strained well. The rosewater should now be allowed to cool and then stored in the refrigerator. This is pure and your skin reaps the best benefits.
Rose Water- Dabur Gulabari, Fab India
RoseWater for Hair Care
Khadi Pure Rose Water
Crabtree and Evelyn RoseWater Travel Kit
Health & Beauty Benefits of Rose Oil
Blossom Kocchar Aromamagic Citrus Bath Gel & Rose Essential Oil