Today, I am reviewing 5 lovely shades of nail polish from Sinful Colors –Boogie Nights, Aubergine, Dream On, Ice Blue and Copper Pot. Sinful Colors keeps adding new funky colors to its collection all the time and also at a very affordable price. Hence, I keep picking some color or the other every time I chance upon them in the supermarket. Read on to find how these 5 colors fared.
$1.99 for 0.5floz / 15 ml.
My Experience with Sinful Colors Boogie Nights, Aubergine, Dream On, Ice Blue and Copper Pot:
Packaging: Sinful Colors nail polishes come in a round-shaped sturdy bottle with a black cap. I find the bottle to be a bit bulky and not exactly handy or sleek. But the quantity is pretty good – 15 ml.
Brush Applicator: I found the brush to be okay, nothing special to write about. It picked up fairly good quantity of the polish and the application was easy too.
Drying Power: The nail polish dries pretty fast (around a minute). Even two coats dry out fast and I surely did not have to wait for the nail polish to dry before I could get back to my work.
Staying Power: The staying power is really good and the polish easily stays on my nails for 4-5 days before it starts fading from the top corners of the nails. It does not show any signs of chipping.
Now, for some detailed review of each of the colors:
1. Boogie Nights: This is a lovely coral orange shade. It is a bright shade which is quite apt for summer months. But the good part is that it is not neonish and hence it flatters my hands and does not end up making them seem darker than they are. One coat is enough to cover the nails but 2 coats makes the finish look more even. The finish is a glossy crème.
2. Aubergine: Aubergine is a gorgeous wine red color. It is a color quite suited for Fall. It appears a bit pink-er in the bottle, but it looks a deep wine on the nails. It is a color which will suit all skin tones and make your hands look beautiful. One coat is enough to cover the nails but 2 coats makes the finish look more even. The finish is a glossy crème.
3. Dream On: Dream On is a vibrant fuchsia and it tends to look more purplish in some lights. This is a shade which will look very pretty on Indian skin tones. Though it is a bright color, it is not over the top. Again two coats are needed for an even finish but you can also do with a single coat.
4. Ice Blue: Ice Blue is a beautiful cornflower blue with silver shimmer and this shade reminds me of Princess Elsa from Frozen 😛 It is quite sheer and you will need 3 coats to get rid of any visible nail line, but you can also use it as a top coat on any other blue nail polish for a shimmery effect. The end result is a metallic finish.
5. Copper Pot: Copper Pot is a warm copper with shimmer. It is not an everyday wear shade but something quite suitable for parties or other traditional functions. I think it will also make a good option for nail arts. You need two coats to achieve opacity. The end result is a metallic finish.
To summarize, I like the drying and staying power of these nail polishes and you get some cool funky colors to wear at an affordable price.
Pros of Sinful Colors Boogie Nights, Aubergine, Dream On, Ice Blue and Copper Pot:
- Good staying power (4-5 days).
- Dries quite fast.
- Nice variety of colors.
- Lovely finish.
- Quite affordable.
Cons of Sinful Colors Boogie Nights, Aubergine, Dream On, Ice Blue and Copper Pot:
- Most colors need two coats for an intense color payoff or even finish.
Would I Repurchase/Recommend Sinful Colors Boogie Nights, Aubergine, Dream On, Ice Blue and Copper Pot?
Yes, I would surely recommend you to try these out. For the price range, you can surely experiment with some funky colors. I would surely try out other colors from this range.
Sinful Colors Pink Forever, Forget Now, Tantalize, Mint Apple, Sail La Vie Nail
5 Sinful Colors Professional Nail Polishes
Sinful Colors Vacation Time Nail Polish
Sinful Colors Professional Nail Polish – Gorgeous 293
Sinful Colors Nail Lacquer – Moss Have, Purple Diamond, Glass Pink
Sinful Colors Professional Nail Polish – Anemone
Sinful Colors Professional Nail Enamel – Frenzy 922
Nail Polishes That Would Look Great on Dark Skin
Ways to Store Your Nail Polishes