WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
The Body Shop SeaWeed Mattifying Day cream
Since i have very oily skin and i had really liked the seaweed facewash and mask so I thought I’d give a try to this mattifying day cream and hence picked it up.
Lets see what it says
For oily/combination skin
An easily absorbed, non-clogging, oil-free, hydrating gel-like moisture cream. It controls excess sebum and shine whilst delivering essential moisture to areas most in need, balancing the skin throughout the day. Leaves skin feeling fresh, clean, soft and supple with a shinefree, matte complexion.
Community Trade seaweed from Ireland. – Our Community Trade Bladderwrack seaweed has a very high mineral content, skin protective antioxidants and nourishing vitamins to balance skin tone, purify and clarify the complexion.
Vitamin E – Skin-nourishing and protecting vitamin E.
Price: Rs 695 for 50 ml
My experience with The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream: it comes in a tub form. The consistency is very gel like rather than a cream.
It spreads easily but takes a long 2-3 minutes to get fully absorbed into the skin for a matte finish.
After 2 to 3 minutes
Pros of The Body Shop SeaWeed Mattifying Day Cream
- It is mildly soothing in summers
- Spreads easily and evenly
- Gives a matte finish. No weird thin film layer on my face which happens with many oil control creams that i have tried.
- Doesn’t require much quantity for full face and neck
- Pleasant fragrance. Very much like oceanic fragrances but it can get a little strong for people with sensitive noses. Entire sea weed range has the same fragrance.
- A company with social conscience (Bladderwack Seaweed from The Roaring Water Bay co-operative, south west of Cork, Ireland. Set up in 1993 to address the problem so many communities face where local young people have to emigrate to find work, this co-operative protects the local environment and invests profits back into the local community.courtesy tbs website )
- TBS does not test on animals. So you have one good deed in your pocket 🙂
Cons: hmm lets see there are just too many flaws in The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream
- Doesn’t get absorbed easily. I don’t have 3 minutes patience to wait till the gel is absorbed to wait to put compact or anything. I mean come on its a gel afterall!! And there are many ‘CREAMS’ in the market that get absorbed soon.
- It just does not control at all. Within half an hour my skin is oily again. Dang! There goes the main product claim!
- It is comforting and moisturising just after a facewash but thats it
- It doesn’t make my skin soft or smooth.like absolutely no changes in the skin texture or pore size,Anything. Neither immediate/temporary nor long term effects.
- No SPF .Since its a day cream i expect it to have SPF .
- No complete ingredients list. Grr…
- Comes in a tub form. Extremely unhygienic. i think TBS really needs to stop tub packaging. I dint mind body butters in tub to ‘some’ extent but “THIS” is a face cream after all!
- Expensive . I usually feel The Body Shop products are overpriced but ‘this one’ doesn’t make a difference at all.So the price is just not justified .
Would I buy The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream again ?
Would i recommend ?
Product rating: just :-* because of the social consciousness. Thats it :/
Have you used The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream? Please rate in the box below
Also Read :
Garnier Light Fairness Face Wash
Garnier Pure Exfoliating Face Wash
Garnier Body Cocoon
Pond’s White Beauty Daily Spot-less Lightening Cream & Facial Foam
Oriflame Optimals White Mattifying Lotion with SPF 15
Garnier Total Comfort (Nourishing+Anti-tightening cold cream)
Garnier Pure Pimple Control Pen Review
Garnier Skin Naturals Light Daily Moisturiser Review
Garnier Pure Active Range Review
Garnier Skin Naturals Face Wash & Sun Control Daily Moisturiser Review
Garnier Skin Naturals Face Wash – Fresh Review
Garnier Skin Naturals Pore Purifying Astringent Review
Garnier Skin Naturals Mattifying Fairness Cream Review
The Body Shop Reviews: Seaweed Purifying Facial Cleanser, Seaweed Mattifying Moisture Lotion, All-In-One Face Base, Cheek Colour
Biotique Seaweed Eye Gel & Almond Under eye Cream- Review