WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
THE BODY SHOP OLIVE BODY BUTTER REVIEW
When I got this, I was a little apprehensive keeping the mind the humid climate in my city and as such we had never had proper winters. And now when temperatures have dipped I am so glad I have this to protect my skin from all the winter trouble. Body shop body butters don’t really need an introduction, so really quickly jumping to the review…
TBS Olive Body Butter –
What the body shop says – Add a layer of luxurious, 24 hour moisture to your skin using a rich cream that softens and conditions with a fresh green scent.
Best for – Normal to Dry Skin
Ingredients – Water , Olea Europea (Olive) Fruit Oil , Butrospremum Parkii (Shea Butter) , Theobroma Cacao Butter , Glycerin , Glyceryl Steaarate,PEG 100 Stearate , Cetearyl Alcohol , Lanolin Alcohol , Phenoxyenthanol , Fragrance, Methylparaben ,Propylparaben , Xanthan Gum , Benzyl Alcohol , Disodium EDTA, Linalool,Butylphenyl Methylpropional,Limonene,Citronella, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxyisohexyl, 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde , Geraniol, Citral,Sodium Hydroxide , Eugenol , Caramel, Chromium Oxide Greens.
Price – Rs.745/- for 200 ml
1. Keeps skin hydrated for a good 8-9 hours. The texture of my skin has improved; I think it is because of this.
2. Gets absorbed instantly, no greasiness felt.
3. Has a very fresh smell, I am in love with the smell, at times I find myself opening the tub and sniffing. 😛
4. Doesn’t melt easily, I had overheated my room once, the Shea lip butter melted but this was intact.
1. The same story with all TBS butters, comes in a tub so hygiene is a big concern.
2. A bit expensive at 745 Rs. but worth every penny .Also we can always pick it up during sales.
3. Not totally natural. It has an equal share of chemicals but body shop claims to be totally natural.
What I think – This is a must have for me in all winters to come; it keeps my skin thoroughly hydrated even on the painfully chilly windy days. It is very soft and gets absorbed instantly. It looks like any normal cream but the moisturising effect is unbeatable. And you don’t need a lot of product; a little goes a long way.
I have also used it on my face. The amount of product in the picture with a drop of my Aroma magic toner rubbed in works amazingly well. None of the winter creams survive my 6 a.m. bike ride and my skin is stretched and dry after some time but this one has a different story – Perfectly moisturised skin.
Will I repurchase – YES, only in winters .
Rating – 5/5 .I wanted to cut a point for it not being totally natural, but we don’t really have a choice.
Have you used The Body Shop Olive Body Butter? Please rate in the box below.
Also read :
- The Body Shop Shea Body Butter Review
- The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter and Soap Review
- Japanese Cherry Blossom Body Butter Review