By Surabhi Pisal
Hello IMBBans! :*
Did you take a strange involuntary breath when you saw the title of the post ? Not to worry, I was one of you too – scared and astonished with the concept of Brazilian waxing! Indian girls don’t opt for it much as we don’t need sunbathing. And, therefore, no sun bathing suits! (we get sun tanned even though we don’t need it, that too in full length clothes! *sigh*) Personal hygiene ‘down there’ plays a very important role just as it does for any other body part. Many girls prefer different methods for grooming their lady parts – shaving, trimming, sugaring and waxing (yes I said lady parts, please don’t feel embarrassed, it’s time we spill the beans!). Shaving and trimming need maintenance every 3-4 days while the latter two needs no maintenance for even weeks.
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
Brazilian waxing can be done either in salons by experienced professionals or can be done at home if you REALLY know how to do it the right way. I got my first Brazilian wax in a salon, but later opted for doing it at home myself. Brazilian waxing at salons is way too expensive – between INR 1500-2000. I have been doing my own Brazilian wax since last 2 years and now I can easily finish it in less than 30 minutes.
Here Are Some Tips For Doing Brazilian Waxing At Home:
• Home Alone!
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
Make sure you are alone at home, especially if you are attempting it for the first time. You obviously don’t want anybody to walk in when you are in a funny position or knock at the door and disturb you or maybe, you would not want anybody hear you scream. Just kidding! You, probably, won’t be in much pain if you do it the right way.
• Length Matters!
Make sure the length of hair is one-fourth or half an inch long, but not more than that. Trim your hair to the required length before waxing. Long hair may interrupt with the direction of wax being applied and create a painful mess.
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
• Dry And Clean!
Keep the area dry before applying wax. Have a good wash and dry it with towel. Apply powder to make it dry and less prone to wax getting stuck on the skin.
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
• One Direction!
Apply wax in the direction of hair growth, press waxing strip firmly on it and pull in opposite direction. Make sure you hold your skin taut. This will lessen the pain. You may need a mirror to see the waxing area clearly.
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India
• Take A Bath!
After you are done with waxing, have a good warm bath to remove any wax residues and soothe the irritated skin. It is most likely that the area will be inflamed and red. Do not worry, the redness will vanish in a day or two.
SOLUTIONS FOR ACNE: 5 Remedies to Treat Acne at Home | Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars | 10 Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Acne | 8 Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars | 10 Tea Tree Oil Products for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin | Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne
Tips for Salon Brazilian Wax Appointment:
• Have a nice bath before going to the salon. You obviously won’t like the waxing professional to feel weird.
• Trim your hair to the required length before going to the salon.
• You may feel a bit shy in front of the stranger who will be doing your waxing. This is normal, everyone feels the same! The professional has already seen all different kinds of lady parts, so she won’t give it a damn.
• Some salons use hard wax which does not require strips. Hard wax works better than normal hot wax.
• Make sure the professional is using a different strip every 2-3 rips and not dipping the spatula in the same wax container again (in case of wooden spatula ). If you witness this happening, do not visit the salon again. You obviously can make out the waxing lady is not experienced.
HAIR: 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Regrow Hair on Bald Spots | 6 Hair Growth Secrets from Around the World | 7 Best Hair Oils For Faster Hair Growth | How to Make Rough Hair Silky | 30 Killer Hair Care Tips
• Some may get ingrown hair. Make exfoliation an everyday task to avoid ingrown hair.
• I do not recommend any pain killers. Whatever you consume is not going to numb the area completely.
• Do not attempt to use hair epilators! Trust me, just don’t! I have tried using one and I have no words to explain the amount of pain! Seriously, the worst pain ever!!!
• Do not use any fancy creams and lotions there. You obviously do not want to change the pH level of that area and facilitate growth of bacteria.
• The skin there is sensitive before your menstrual cycle. Try not to wax few days before the commencement of your cycle.
The hair gets thinner and more sparse after every wax, and will keep the area smooth and soft for longer. It does pain, but is bearable. I recommend getting your first few Brazilian wax sessions at a good salon before attempting waxing at home. This will lessen the growth and it may get easier to wax after few times.
So girls, are you brave enough to ditch razors and switch to waxing? If yes, you won’t go back to shaving ever! Any questions or doubts, please write it in the comments section and I would answer happily.
Till then, go be beautiful! :* :* :*
Waxing vs Epilators – What do you Prefer for Hair Removal?
Veet Ready To Use Wax Strips
How To Reduce Pain During Waxing
How To Make Hair Removal Wax At Home
Things You Must Know About Permanent Makeup!
5 Things Every Girl Must Learn For Herself
How To Get A Bikini Wax
Top Ten Pre-Bridal Beauty Treatments
How To Care For Skin After Waxing
Bikini Zone Creme Hair Remover
How to Remove Scars After Waxing
Image Source: 1, 2, 3