Bikini wax is not much talked about because of the conservative society we live in. However, it is still there, available as one of the most sought-after hair removal treatment by mostly young ladies and would-be brides (apart from those hundreds of women who are associated with the glamour industry). It is being considered as a necessity by many while others just want to “check-it-out” because they are curious. Whatever the reason may be, bikini wax is quite different from the commonly known hand or leg waxing experiences. Do you too plan to do a bikini wax? Hence this article is a must-read if you want to know everything you need to know about getting a bikini wax!
How To Get A Bikini Wax: Preparation
You need to prepare yourself in the right way before you want to get the bikini wax done. Here are the things to keep in mind:
- You might think that trying the bikini wax at home, all by yourself, is a great idea. After all, it is way cheaper and definitely less awkward since you need not expose yourself to a stranger! However, the truth is that the idea is NOT great! Please try not to wax at home by yourself. Apart from the hassle involved and the impossibility of getting a clean wax, you might get badly hurt.
- Shed the inhibition. Treat it just like any other beauty treatment. It is but obvious that the very idea of exposing yourself to a complete stranger fills you with shyness and you feel nervous. However, just keep in mind that you are not the only one. Anyone on earth who gets bikini wax has to do the same thing! The professionals too treat it in a professional way and you too should treat it just like that.
- Ask a friend who has opted for one and has had a good experience. Research well. Go for an expert who is experienced and reputed. Even if you have to shell out a good amount of money, do not compromise so long as you get a very positive review about someone who is practising and proficient. Get an appointment.
- Start exfoliating regularly to reduce the chances of getting ingrown hair. Make sure, the hair grows long enough.
- Drink loads and loads of water to keep your body hydrated.
- On the day of appointment, take bath but do not apply any cream or lotion around the area to get a better wax. Wear loose fitting clothes and if possible, old cotton undergarments.
How To Get a Bikini Wax Without Getting Hurt:
Bikini waxing is associated with a lot of pain. Here is what you can do to make it a bit less hurting for you:
- Avoid the week and the week before when you get your periods. Schedule your appointment on the week after your periods.
- As a first timer, it is better to go for a basic bikini wax.
- Taking a pain reliever/pain killer about half-an-hour or one hour before the waxing session is known to help in lessening pain.
- Hard wax is known to be gentler than soft wax; for this reason go for a salon that uses hard wax.
- Relax when you are already in the waxing process. Inhale and exhale. Take deep breaths, but do not hold your breath.
- When you are about to be pulled in your most sensitive areas, just turn your head and do something to distract yourself. You may want to watch TV if you have an option or simply start coughing.
How To Get a Bikini Wax By Yourself:
Though you shouldn’t try it yourself, here is what you should do if at all you want to experiment:
- Get a waxing kit, preferably a hard wax kit meant for bikini waxing. You could also see if you can get a roll-on wax for even application.
- Waxing strips are to be cut in small strips.
- The bikini hair should be about 1/4″ in length and not more than 1/2″. Clippers are to be used to trim them if they are 1/2″ in length.
- Cleanse the skin and apply the pre-epilating oil, which may be available with your waxing kit, but do not over apply it. You may also like to apply some talcum powder instead of the oil.
- Apply the wax with the help of an applicator. First apply in the direction opposite to the growth of hair and then along the direction of hair growth. You might need a small mirror to be placed between your legs for better visibility.
- Use the same strokes at the time of application. Reach beyond the edges where the hair growth stops. Start with the upper areas which are accessible and work your way downwards.
- Place the strip, use a hand to hold the skin stretched tight and with the other hand, pull at a go in the direction opposite to hair growth.
- Repeat the procedure of removal.
- If any hair is still missed out, tweezers may be used to remove them.
- Clean the skin to do away with any wax remnants.
- Apply an after-wax soothing product. Aloe vera gel can also be used.
How To Get a Bikini Wax: Tips and Warnings
- Try not to do bikini wax at home.
- Appoint a reputed and experienced professional to get it done.
- Do not shave to remove any missed hair.
- For hot wax, test the temperature on hands or legs before applying on bikini area.
- If bleeding or bumps occur, get the advice of your professional.
Bikini-Line Hair Removal Tips
Waxing vs Epilators – What do you Prefer for Hair Removal?
Veet Ready To Use Wax Strips
How to Look Good in a Swimsuit
How To Get Youthful Hands
How To Choose The Right Perfume
How to Apply Pencil Eyeliner – tutorial
How to Fix Common Makeup Mistakes
How To Curl Hair Without Heat – Rags
How to Become Fair Naturally
How To Minimize A Large Forehead
How to Wear Belts
How To Perm Hair
How to Apply Liquid Foundation using Flat Top Kabuki Brush
How To Choose Foundation Shade for Skin
How to Get Rid of Stains from Silk Clothes
How To Make Hair Grow Faster