Leggings, tights or what ever you call them are a 80s fashion trend that has picked up again. Though this fashion clothing originated in the 1960’s it was only in 1980’s that it became a hit among masses. Today, it is a hit not among college students only but among all women irrespective of age and not forget size.
Apart from the regular black and brown, leggings are now available in a variety of colours, textures and patterns.
Tips on how to wear leggings:
Following are few tips that will help you get the right look with this fashion craze.
• Always remember that leggings are not trousers. Don’t use them as an alternative to trousers and never ever wear them with sweatshirt or short tops until and unless you want to end up looking half naked.
• Avoid wearing short and tight fitting tops with leggings. Leggings are already well fitted, so you do not have to opt for a tight fitting top.
• Play around with proportions and decide which length looks best on you. Leggings that hit mid-calf might look adorable on a tall, skinny girl, but might make a shorter leg look wide.
• Leggings can look tacky with the wrong footwear. Pair them with flat shoes, like –ballet style, boat shoes, moccasins, low-heeled boots, and even oxfords, they all look totally chic with leggings.
• Pay extra attention to your top if you are women with a short physique. While opting for a top make sure that it doesn’t fall beyond the mid-thigh, otherwise it will look as if you are wearing the leggings underneath a complete dress. Also, stay away from cropped leggings as they will make you look even shorter.
• If you’re heavier on the bottom, choose black leggings paired with a bright top which will attract the attention to your face instead of your bottom area.
• For a perfect everyday wear, go for a pair of calf-length leggings with loose-fitting top, somewhere between mid-thigh or knee length.
• Short skirt with leggings is most popular among people. Choose a denim or corduroy mini skirt and pair it with leggings in a coordinating colour. Pleated mini skirt also goes well with a pair of leggings.
• While wearing a shirt with your leggings always remember that, it should be long and have some volume to balance out the tightness of your bottoms. Dolman sleeve tops, for example, are perfect with leggings.
• Pair them with accessories to make a right impact.
Apart form these tips use a little bit of your own imagination to create the chick look for yourself.