WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Hey lovelies hows the new year coming up for you? still sticking to your new year’s resolutions? I broke a few but I’m trying to keep a few others.. hehehe. Well, I still have to work more on my not-being-lazy resolution and that’s why despite having a lot of ideas for blogging I haven’t written much.. but now Im here and presenting my idea and my very 1st article of 2011 and in future more will surely come!!!
Now-a-Days I have to say that I’m addicted to the ‘power’ of belts. I’ve just started incorporating more colored belts and printed belts into my wardrobe, so I expect that number to increase significantly. I believe that a great and very inexpensive way to take an outfit in a whole other direction is to add a belt!
Belts can be worn with:
– Jeans or khakis
– Dress pants
– Skorts (its a cross between a skirt and shorts- a huge hit in the US)
– Long tunics
– Oversized tank tops or t-shirt
* Belts can take a solid shift dress or a monochrome head to toe look and bump up the interest or chic factor on what otherwise who be a ‘miss’ instead of hit!
* An interesting or intricate belt added to an all black outfit or a print dress can be just the right finish touch.
* Luxe belts can be showtoppers and can serve an added function by drawing the eye away from problem areas.
* Belts are a wonderful way of making a women with a straight up and down body type look like she has curves by cinching in the waist to create the illustration of womanly curves.
* There are so many different style and shapes to choose from in belt. The options are too numerous to detail here, but you can easily find what’s your looking for to compliment any body type or complete any outfit.
* Cinch and Wide belts (2 to 4 inches) are great accessories to set off a solid or print dress, sweater dresses, blazers, shirts and blouses. There are so many creative styles to choose from, double-buckle, twish lock, woven, obi-style, corset, ornamented buckles and brooch belts, the list is endless as belt designs become more creative.
* Thin belts (1/2 to 1 3/4 inches)- You can get a lot of diverse looks with belts this size. They can be layered, worn in pairs or slung low on the hips.
* Wraps- You can buy the extra long ones and use them as wrap around belts. They come them with rocker studs and spikes or grommets, brights colors, metal tones and animal prints.
* Office Belts- You can also pick your classic braided, woven and leather styles for career outfits.
However, the key here to determine what kind of belt works great not only with your outfit, but with your body type:
* Sashes- These scarf-like belts are worn loosely at or slightly above the hips. They look great with a long shirt or dress. Women with “pear-shaped” bodies should avoid this style of belt as it will add more bulk to your mid-section and hips.
* Thin leather belts- For the most part, this style looks great with jeans or other pants that have belt loops. However, if you tend to have a smaller waist, but larger hips, make sure that your pants fit well before trying to hold them up with a belt. Leather belts, or similar thinner styles, will tend to pull on the back loops and cut into your back and hips if the pants aren’t the right size.
* Wide buckle belts- These refer to leather belts (or any material really) that are at least two to three inches wide and have a decorative buckle. These look good sitting right above the hips as the buckle will draw the attention away from the hip area.
* Cinch belts- Again, not for every plus size woman, this style of belt has either a hook and eye or Velcro closure in the back or front. They range from three inches wide to about eight inches. The thicker belts are also known as corset belts as they are worn like that style of lingerie. They can be mae from leather (or it’s equivalent) or elastic. Women with small stomach and hip areas would best benefit from these belts.
* Chain belts- Add a bit of glimmer and flare to a pair of jeans or a long tunic. This style will fit well on almost any body type as the design will draw attention away from your problem areas. Many of these belts come with extensions so they can fit any plus size lady.
* Tie belts- These are made from leather ties and some sort of embellishment such as shells, coins or discs. They tie in the front and can be worn with or without belt loops.
As you can see: this is the easiest affordable accessory that every fashionista should never do without. So what belt are u wearing today?
How to Wear Jewelry & Fashion Accessories
How to Wear Scarf, How to Tie Scarf
Cardigans: How to Wear a Cardigan Sweater
How to Wear Plaid (Tartan) Pattern
Sweater Dresses : How to Style a Sweater Dress
How To Get Pregnant