Hi girls, have any of you heard about this brand called Miss Claire? I hadn’t heard about it on any beauty blog and so when the SA showed this to me, I was very very skeptical. However, it was cheap. Dirt cheap! And that was the time I was beginning to experiment with colour. After a brown and a black liner, I wanted blue. So I said, what the heck, let’s just try with this one first. It is a twist up pencil in a beautiful midnight blue (or is it navy?) with such fine shimmer that you see a shine to it, but cannot make out the shimmer particles. For 140 bucks, I think Miss Claire is worth every paisa!
After I’d used Miss Claire for a while, I was happy with it enough to try another colour / product from the same brand and I ended up getting a lip liner. Now, I normally do not use a lip liner. But I bought this one to arrest the bleeding of my few dark lippies (again, thanks to the beauty bloggers, I now know this). The shade I bought is called Nude Wine, a dark berry colour. It cost me just 75 bucks. This is what it looks like–
Pros of Miss Claire Eye Liner & Lip Pencil
1. Both the pencils are quite pigmented as you can see from the swatches. The swatches as well as the eye pic are a single swipe only.
2. They are very creamy and do not tug at the skin. This is very important because the VoV pencils I have used do tug at the skin
3. The eye pencil is smudge proof and fades very little. I have super duper oily lids and even Colorbar i-glide fades on my lids after a few hours. This one did not!
4. The colours! Have I gushed about them yet? OMG, they are pretty!!!
5. This one is for the eye pencil only which is a twist up. No wastage and no messy sharpening.
6. I have used the lip pencil underneath a gloss. It worked as a nice lip colour
7. The lipliner is of decent length. You get a lot of product!
8. Once I am bored with the lipliner, I can use it as a Sindoor, it is the perfect maroon to use in summer when I do not like to use the liquid sindoor which will flake off with sweat.
Cons of Miss Claire Eye Liner & Lip Pencil
1. There are no testers available and it is a bit of a gamble.
2. The pencils come packaged with a cellophane wrapping. No ingredients or manufacturing date mentioned
3. No Expiry date either. This is a big con specially for the eye pencil
4. The lip liner is a wooden pencil and I hate to lose product while sharpening.
5. Since the eye pencil cannot be sharpened, you do not have a pointed tip after a few uses. I can’t make a fine line with it. But that just maybe my lack of skill
6. I can’t make a sharp defining line with the eye pencil, but can with the lip liner.
7. They may not be easily available everywhere.
Overall, I am happy with both products. I think these are very good for beginners who are experimenting with colours and are not yet sure what will suit them. Even college going girls would like these. There are a host of colours available right from green to blue to purple to gold along with the regular blacks and browns. Even the lip liner had quite a few shades to choose from. They do defy the notion that quality always comes at a very high price. Sometimes, you get good products that don’t burn a hole in your wallet. As someone who gets bored of her makeup and shows some product love and ignores it for a long time, these are just perfect. My heart would ache if I were ignoring a MAC! Wouldn’t yours???
Eye Pencil: 4.5/5
Lip Liner: 3.5/5
Are you game to try these?
Have You Used Miss Claire Eye Liner & Lip Pencil Before? Please Rate in the Box Below: