With the summers already scorching all the way, makeup takes a backseat. You don’t wanna pile on makeup, you don’t wanna step out in the sun and of course you don’t wanna look drab in the summers.
But summer means VACATIONS!! So you do wanna look good, you do wanna go out and you do wanna dazzle as much as the sun!!
- In the fight against the summers, you can only win with the help of the right accessories. Sunglasses always top my list for many reasons.
- They are soooo cool… In every sense of the word!!
- They will protect your eyes and more importantly; the delicate skin under your eyes which is so prone to damage by the evil UV rays.
- They jazz up even the most boring outfits.
- They cover most of your face. So add a good deal of blush and tinted lipgloss, and you are set for a day out in the sun sans any makeup.
- The best way to find your perfect pair is to identify the style that will suit you before you go shopping. It’s better to take a friend along. Avoid boyfriend.. LOL!!
IDENTIFY YOUR FACE SHAPE:
This could be a bit tricky. 9 out of 10 women think they have oval face. Not all of them do!!
Visualize your face to be divided in three horizontal parts. Your forehead and eyes, your cheekbones and nose; and finally your lips and chin.
This is a very rough sketch that I drew myself.
- If no part of your face is especially wide, you have a round face.
- If you can trace a perfect egg shape around your face, you have an oval face.
- If the middle part is considerably wider (you can see the cheekbones protruding outwards) so that you have a narrow forehead and a narrowing jaw line, you have a diamond face.
- If you have a very wide forehead, flat cheekbones and very narrow chin, you have a heart shaped or triangular face.
- If you have a very wide forehead and wide jaw, and the middle part is not jutting out, you have a square face.
- If you have a very wide forehead and wide jaw, but your face is very long, then you have an oblong face. A wide forehead is what distinguishes an oblong face from an oval one.
One more method to identify your face shape is to draw a line around your face with a dark eye or lip pencil. Now have a good look at your self. See if the outline resembles a circle ( -round face), egg ( – oval), kite ( – diamond), heart ( ), square ( ) or a tall rectangle ( – oblong).
FINDING THE RIGHT FRAME FOR YOUR FACE:
Once you have found out your face shape, the rest is easy.
FACE Shape : Round
WHY? Angular, squares, rectangles No rounded or oval glasses. Angularity of frame balances the roundness of your face. Wide frames that extend beyond the cheekbones will slim down your round cheeks.
Victoria Beckham balances her round face with oversized rectangular glasses..
This deliciously chocolate Jimmy Choo is perfect for a round face. Yummy…
Face Shape: Oval. Lucky you!!!
Frame: You can rock any damn frame… Oval is the shape we ultimately want to achieve with glasses. You’ve got it already!!
Why? Face like Vidya’s can make any frame work.
Choose your pick from these Tom Ford Sunglasses!!!
Face Shape: Diamond
Frame: Small frames, oval rectangle, any of them. Oversize frames are not for you. Your frame should end before your cheekbones. This will make your face look narrow.
Check out how Reese Witherspoon goes tall and narrow with her glasses to tone down the angularity of her face.
Heart shaped glasses are cool, funky and narrow down your cheekbones. Pure Lust……
Face Shape: Heart
Frame: Aviators, wrap goggles, Cat eye frames By carrying the frame around your temples you will soften the wide forehead and balance the pointy chin. Wide top is the key.
Detailing on rims and tall, double brow frames are ideal for you and Priyanka.
Dainty, half rimless Marc Jacobs glasses are perfect.
Face Shape: Square
Frame: Soft, rounded edges, delicate, feminine designs Soften the contours of your face. Strictly avoid squares and rectangles. Ovals and oversized round glasses are advisable.
Check out Demi Moore’s oversized glasses with soft rounded edges.
This Balenciaga’s pair has delicate curves to soften the square.
Face Shape: Oblong
Frame: Wide frames, decorated rims or detailing on the temples The idea is to make the face appear wide and short. Size is more important than shape for you. Avoid small frames as they accentuate the length of your face.
Sarah Jessica Parker widens and shortens her face by wearing sunglasses that are wide and tall.
These Gucci glasses are a perfect example.
VVIMP- Most branded glasses come with some UV protection. Ask how much UV protection your sunglasses are offering. It should not be less than 60%. You wouldn’t want to spend a fortune on glasses that don’t even give UV protection!!!
Enjoy the summers!!
Until next time …