Lip Ice Color Lip Balm
Lipice color Lip Balm not only adds on a perfect tinge of color on your lips, it also keeps them moisturized and protected. The tinted natural sheer colors enhance the natural beauty of your lips.
- Formulated with a super moisture retention formula with water microsphere and AcHA (Sodium Acetyl Hyaluronate) to keep lips soft and supple.
- Enriched with Vitamin E, Lanolin Oil, Meadowfoam Seed Oil, and Mango Seed Butter to keep your lips well moisturized.
- SPF15 for UV protection.
- Available in six tantalizing shades: Fresh Plum, Hazel Blush, Sweet Rose, Pretty Pink, Candy Apple, and Peach Cream.
I have this in the Sweet Rose shade. I can never have enough lip balms, so when I saw the rack of Lipice lippies while I was browsing at the drugstore, I just had to take a look. They seemed to have some new stuff, and I think this is one of them. It seems to be an all-in-one lip balm, right? It’s supposed to be moisturizing, gives a touch of color, and it has SPF15, which was just what I needed, since I didn’t have any lip products with SPF yet.
Swatches: lightly swatched and smudged on the left, a full layer on the right
The color of Sweet Rose is a sheer medium pink with silver shimmers. The picture above was taken under natural light, with no flash, and on the right is a full swipe of Sweet Rose, while on the left I swatched it lightly and smudged it a little. On my lips the color is quite subtle, pretty, and natural-looking, and would be barely noticeable except there are silver shimmers. I don’t really like shimmers because when the color fades, the shimmery bits get left behind so all I have are colorless lips with bits of silver shimmers.
What I like about Lipice Color Lip Balm
- It has a sheer, nice pink color which looks natural on my lips and is great for everyday wear, or if I’m going out and don’t want to put makeup on but still want a little color on my face.
- It doesn’t irritate the delicate skin on my lips.
- It has SPF in it, and I often wear this when I’ll be out in the sun so I know my lips will be protected.
- It’s inexpensive. This cost me less than $3 and the tube should last me awhile even with regular use.
What I don’t like about Lipice Color Lip Balm
- The scent. It has a light floral scent which I can always smell when I apply it. I’d personally prefer that it were unscented, or that it smelled like something edible, like chocolate, vanilla, or fruit.
- The shimmers. I think it would look more my-lips-but-better if it didn’t have any shimmers in it.
- Unfortunately I don’t find it moisturizing at all. I like the tinge of color it gives and its SPF, but I wouldn’t use this solely as a lip balm. I’d rather put on a really moisturizing lip balm first, and then layer this on top of it when I’m going out.
Overall, I think this is an okay product. I’d recommend it to anyone looking for a fun, cheap lip tint, or a lip product with SPF. However, if you’re looking for a lip balm that really moisturizes, this is not for you. I personally like my lip tints to be a bit more moisturizing so I won’t buy this product again, though I would probably try Lipice’s other products, just not the color Lip balms.