Sweater Dresses : How to style Sweater Dresses
Sweater dresses are fall staples. They come in different styles for different body types. A few things to keep in mind while choosing a sweater dress for you:
- Length: A sweater dress is most flattering if it falls right at the smallest part of your thighs. To give the illusion of longer legs, choose a dress that is no longer than knee length.
- Neckline and sleeves: the neck styling of your sweater dress is crucial, as is the sleeve design. A boat neckline on a sweater dress is a classic choice. A cowl neck has a softening effect and it can draw attention to your face, just like a v-neck can. If you are concerned about the size of your arms, avoid any detailing or embellishment on the sleeves. If you have a large bust, go for clean lines and a v-neck that is not too low. Avoid roll-neck and round-neck sweater dresses with a large bust as these will only accentuate it further. Scoop-neck sweater dresses are a good compromise, but wear them with a long, chunky necklace to draw the eye down instead of across. If you have broad shoulders, go for a long-sleeve version of the sweater dress, and perhaps a loose cowl-neck design. Big hips need to be balanced with shoulder detail, so try a style with short or puffy sleeves. Large upper arms benefit from bat-wing style sleeves.
- Belts: To highlight your small waist, do try a belt, which can emphasize that hourglass shape. On the other hand, an empire waist, tunic-style dress or even an oversized sweater can help camouflage your belly. Slim metallic belts look good on tiny girls as they are in proportion to the overall body shape. Everyone else can go for wider belts, and classic black is a perfect choice to team with black shoes and other accessories.
- Choose your leggings based on fit and fabric. Keep in mind that a legging that ends at your ankles rather than under the knee or at midcalf will give the illusion of a longer, leaner leg. If you have slim legs, you can certainly experiment with different textures or patterns. If you want your legs to look slim, opt for plain, dark-colored leggings and avoid shiny fabric.
- Pick your footwear based on the occasion. A ballet flat is a good choice for casual wear. A pair of pumps or heels can be worn for work. Boots can give your outfit an urban touch. And do remember that matching, or getting the color of your shoes close to the color of your leggings, will make your legs look longer and leaner.
The type of sweater dress you choose depends on the utility you expect from it. For a day casual day, n oversized sweater dress works best for your casual days. This sweater dress is easy, comfortable and totally chic. Balance your look with leggings and pair your sweater dress with tall or over the knee flat boots. Accessories should be kept to a minimal. Keep your look relaxed with a slouchy shoulder bag.Sweater Dresses
A sweater dress for the office is an ideal addition to your work wardrobe. Keep it chic by carrying a satchel or tote and wear tights with ankle booties or pumps. Add a belt around your waist and wear simple and subtle jewelry or tie a French style scarf around your neck to finish off your polished look.
Attending a formal holiday party or other elegant event? Look for a sweater dress with a cowlneck, off shoulder, or one shoulder. Play up your sweater dress by adding lots of blingin’ eye candy! Make sure you’ve got a dazzling cocktail ring and sparkly clutch to up the wow factor. Pair it with sexy suede pumps or peep toe booties to finish off your look for a fabulous night to remember!Sweater Dresses
A fitted sweater dress with a plunging neckline paired with killer ankle booties or strappy high heels can go a long way for a fun nightclub outfit. Exercise your right to accessorize! There are no boundaries here. Don’t forget a cute clutch for all your girly necessities!Sweater Dresses
The possibilities of layering a sweater dress are endless. Start with a solid colored long sleeved crew neck sweater dress and wrap a chunky or silk scarf around your neck. Then, layer your sweater dress with a boyfriend cardigan and wool peacoat. Continue your layered look all the way down to your legs with leggings and legwarmers!Sweater Dresses
You can change the appearance of a sweater dress easily by altering your hairstyle to suit your chosen activity. A plain sweater dress worn with your hair styled into a bun can look sophisticated, while the very same dress worn with your hair down, can look sexy and fun. A Babydoll sweater dress can be attractive and suitable to wear on a date.
Sweater dress is the most versatile piece of clothing in your fall wardrobe. Have fun with it.