How to Apply Makeup for Beginners
Every woman craves for a fresh and glowing face. Not all of us are blessed with such skin and this is where makeup plays an important role. Applying makeup is not as easy as some would make you think especially if you are a beginner. But don’t panic as you can Master the basics of makeup application with practice and the right products.
Here are some general tips to bear in mind when applying makeup.
• Clean your face with a mild cleanser suitable for your skin type. Apply toner or an astringent on your face and wait for a few minutes. Then, moisturize your face. Apply the moisturizer in a circular motion and leave it for 5 seconds or so.
• Use concealer only where you need it, like on undereye circles and blemishes. Try a creamy formula in a shade that matches your skin tone. Liquid concealers can be applied over the foundation and creamy ones before it.
• Apply a small amount of foundation to the tip of your index finger, dot on forehead, nose, cheeks and chin then blend in an upward and outward motion without leaving a line.
• Always prime your lids by applying foundation or concealer. You can also opt for eye shadow primers available in the market. Primer will even out your skin tone and make your eye makeup look a lot smoother and softer. People with big eyes should wear darker shadow on the lid and extend it to the crease. For smaller eyes excess use of shadow or liner should be avoided, as it can make you eyes look even smaller. People with deep-set eyes should use light colours on the eyelid and medium colour within the crease. They should emphasize the outer corners with shadow. If you have wide-set eyes then you should apply a dark shade on the inner corner of your eyelid and light shade on the outer. One should always invest in good eye shadow which can stay on your eyes all day long. Spend some money if you don’t want to be troubled about retouching your makeup throughout the day.
• Eyeliners are probably the most popular makeup item used by women world over. It is the most important and perhaps the most difficult type of eye makeup to apply correctly. Draw a thin line, try to draw as close to the base of your eyelids as possible. Start from the inside corner of your eye and work your way out. If you are not expert in drawing one long line all at once, do it in short strokes. Keep in mind a basic rule, the larger the eyelid area, the thicker and softer the eyeliner should be. The smaller the eyelid area, the thinner and more intense the eyeliner should be.
• Apply blush to your cheeks. Start at the back of the cheeks and sweep forward. The reverse may seem more natural but that method does not deliver the makeup efficiently. You could end up with clown cheeks if you start at your cheeks and sweep back. Start lightly and add a second sweep if you need. It is easier to add to your look then take away excess.
• Beginners who are nervous about applying lipstick should start with a glide on gloss instead.
Basic Eye Makeup Tips
Monsoon Makeup Tips
Summer Makeup Tips
Flawless Makeup Tips- 4 Ways, 4 Minutes
20 Makeup Tips & Tricks
12 Quick Fix Makeup Tips
7 Tips to Apply Body Glitter
Makeup Tips for Dark Skin
CTM for Oily Skin
How to Apply Eye Makeup
How to Apply Stage Makeup
How to Apply Leg Makeup
Amway Attitude Cleanser for Oily skin
Best Moisturizer For Oily Skin