Aroma Magic Under Eye Gel: Dark Circles and Wrinkles
I had tried Aroma Magic Under Eye Gel two years ago, after my younger son was born. Staying up all night to feed and change diapers took a toll on the skin around my eyes making it look dull and tired. To add to my woes I also developed those dreaded dark circles. This product helped me immensely to get rid of them. I love this gel ever since, and have continued to use it even after the dark circles left.
Aroma Magic Under Eye Gel Claims : Prevents fine lines around the eyes and lips. Lightens dark circles and rejuvenates tired eyes.
Directions to use Aroma Magic Under Eye Gel: Apply under the eyes every day morning and night. Massage gently with fingertips.
Active ingredients in Aroma Magic Under Eye Gel: Extract of Bach, Rose, Flaxseed, Lemon Peel, Aloe Vera, Green Tea and Pure Essential Oils of Witch Hazel, Chamomile, Fennel.
Price: Rs. 115 (Indian Rupees) for 20gms
- Rose Extract has a beneficial effect on superficial capillaries and ideal for all skin types. It helps moisturize, smooth, firm and repair damaged skin cells making skin appear healthier and softer. It also tightens pores and treats fine lines.
- Flaxseed Extract is an effective anti-wrinkle agent, containing oils and proteins that are made up of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. Helps give the skin a plump appearance thus making wrinkles look reduced.
- Lemon Extract: Lemon is a natural source of vitamin C and a natural anti tanning agent. It is a skin lightener beneficial for most skin types
- Green tea is a powerful antioxidant that helps restore damaged tissue
- Aloe vera helps tone and revitalizes the skin and is one of the best moisturizers for skin. Aloe Vera helps dry skin, particularly on the face and around the eyes where the skin is most. Helps in regenerating new skin cells and preventing wrinkles as well as removing blackness and wrinkles under the eye.
- Witch hazel, has excellent anti-inflammatory properties, and helps to reduce the appearance of swelling. Witch hazel in fact, contains high levels of tannin hence it works as an astringent helping to tighten skin and reduce swelling. It also reduces pore size and reduces under eye bags.
- Chamomile: Chamomile can be used to help soothe tired, irritated eyes. The chamomile essential oil helps to stimulate the flow of blood in the veins beneath the eyes and is also an anti-inflammatory. This herb has properties that reduce eye fatigue and dark circles around the eyes.
- Fennel is high in amino acids, iron, essential oils and aspartic acid. Fennel contains vitamin C, vitamin B3, calcium, magnesium, iron, potassium and fiber, as well as essential oils. Fennel is a natural antioxidant and is anti-inflammatory.
Aroma Magic Under Eye Gel is a transparent gel which comes in a small tube, making it convenient and hygienic. The smell is very mild and pleasant and it is easily absorbed into the skin. As you apply it around your eyes, it feels a bit sticky. It also kind of leaves your under eye with a stretchy feel as most gels do. My lashes keep sticking to the skin around the eyes, but it is absorbed quickly and once it dries it feels fine. It is instantly cooling and your eyes will feel refreshed almost immediately. Make sure you massage gently and use your ring finger as this applies the least pressure on the delicate skin around the eyes. The Aroma Magic Under Eye Gel effectively combats dark circles and tired looking eyes. There is visible improvement in the under eye area and the skin looks and feels fresh, healthy and nourished.
As I used this eye gel on a regular basis, I got many compliments from friends saying how I don’t look exhausted even after having two kids to run around. However, please be warned that none of these results are immediate. This cream will work wonders for you only when used over a regular period of time. It can perform no magic tricks to give you the desired results in one day or even one or two weeks. Continued use of this for at least more than a month is what got me the results. I would say it is slow but very consistent. Also, since I have made this a regular part of my skin care regime, my eyes have never developed dark circles again in spite of using contact lenses. I keep this gel in the refrigerator for the ultimate cooling and refreshing effect.
Pros of Aroma Magic Under Eye Gel:
- The product is more attractively priced than most eye gels in the market.
- As it comes in a small tube, it is hygienic and easy to carry around.
- Has an immediate cooling effect on the eyes
- All natural ingredients. One look at the ingredient list was enough to make me grab this one.
- Nourishes and moisturizes well
- Lightens dark circles
- Effective as a preventive measure for all under eye concerns.
- Hydrates well but does not feel oily or greasy.
- Mildly scented, which I always prefer.
- Spreads very well, easily absorbed into the skin. Very little quantity is needed.
- Does not irritate my eyes even if it seeps in
Cons of Aroma Magic Under Eye Gel:
- Feels sticky after application
- Leaves a stretchy feeling on the under eye skin
- Not sure if it works for fine lines, puffy eyes or eye bags
- No SPF. I hate applying sunscreen under my eyes and would have loved it if this gel had SPF
- Would definitely buy this one again but right now I also want to try Aroma Magic almond under eye cream before I repurchase this one.
Indian Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating :
Although we women have good skin care routine, we tend to ignore the eye area until the signs of neglect start to show. A good under eye gel or eye cream is a must if you are over 25 years of age, even if you have no visible dark circles, puffy eyes or eye bags. This will help protect the delicate under eye area and also keep fine lines and wrinkles at bay.
While choosing an under eye product, I would suggest you check the label carefully for an ingredient list. Avoid eye creams or gels with harsh chemicals. Look for natural ingredients on the label because these are easier on the delicate skin surrounding the eye. Also whether to chose a gel or a cream would depend on factors like your age and the amount of damage your skin has undergone.
Younger skin reacts to eye gels well. Gels work faster and have less dramatic results. Eye gels will help to reduce the signs of ageing around the eyes including wrinkles, fine lines, dark circles, and puffiness. They are best for you if you have a lesser extent of damage on your under eye area.
Older skin benefits more with the intensive action of eye creams. Eye creams reduce or eliminate the signs of aging like wrinkles, fine lines, dark circles, and puffiness, on the delicate skin surrounding the eyes. Eye creams produce more dramatic results than eye gels, but does work more slowly. Moderate to severe damage to the skin around the eyes cannot be repaired instantly, and will respond better to the slower more intense approach of an eye cream than an eye gel.
Here are some points that may make your choice easier.
Under Eye Gels are:
- Best for younger skin- It is not as rich as creams, and since younger skin tends to be more oily than more mature skin, it would be advised for the younger generation with eye problems.
- More soothing for tired eyes
- More cooling than creams
- Ideal for reducing puffiness- It is more soothing and cooling as already mentioned, and the key to reducing puffiness is to soothe and cool the area around the eye.
- Leaves less residue
- Best for morning applications- It is less oily, and has less chances of smudging or leaving residue than creams.
- Easier for make-up application- Eye gels tend to be absorbed faster than eye creams, so if you’re a woman on the go, the fast absorption makes it easier for you to do your morning face rituals.
- Leaves a temporary tightening effect- Aside from the long term benefits, another reason which makes eye gels ideal for morning applications is that it also leaves a temporary tightening effect which leaves you looking fresh and younger as you go out in the day.
- Less likely to cause milia- Ideally, gels are lighter and have less chances of clogging your pores, making black heads and milia less chances to occur.
Under Eye Creams are:
- More nourishing and moisturizing- Creams contain more ingredients that moisturize the skin more effectively than cream
- Best for fine lines reduction- The moisturizing effect in eye creams eventually leaves aging skin with fine lines better than before. It contains emollients that nourishes the skin and plumps up the area to eliminate the fine lines.
- Better for dry skin
- Best for mature skin- Dry and mature skin need more oil to improve its health. Wrinkle creams have the right formulation to treat eye problems that are brought about by dry or more mature skin.
47 thoughts on “Aroma Magic Under Eye Gel Review: Dark Circles and Wrinkles”
wow…you too are a mom….I am also a new mom with a 5-month-old son…..hope to get more tips from you with regards to child care.
Jomol..yes it would be great to share stuff about child care :)..I have two sons 5yrs and 2yrs
your baby is adorable :)) I must tell you whenever my 2yr old sees ur sons photo he goes ‘papuuu!!'( that’s what we say for babies in Kannada)
….and then he won’t let me scroll down to look at other comments!! he wants to keep looking at your baby.. lol!!
Thanks Smitha…you and your darling baby made my day. :kissing: :kissing: :kissing: :kissing: please give him lots of kisses from me…..”pappu” that’s a good pet name for my son…..I was searching for a pet name for him till now……I wanna see your sons’ pics too….loads of love to both your babies. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
hi is it really effective for heriditary dark circle???????????
Thanks for the info regarding the difference between the gel and the cream. I had no idea such a thing existed!
.-= ki.´s last undefined ..Response cached until Fri 16 @ 4:37 GMT (Refreshes in 20.97 Hours) =-.
Jomol..my son sends you kisses back :kissing: :kissing: and some for your son too :kissing: :kissing: will show u pics soon :))
Ki..actually i too didn’t know this.. came across while researching on net 🙂
Aww!! so cute. Smita I think you must share your sons pictures with us. 🙂
I use both gel and cream. I use gel mainly during the day because it keeps my under eyes cool. I use the Fab India gel. You are right about the temporary tightening effect but it goes after a while. I will purchase this after my Fab india eye gel gets over. 🙂
I have this too , Got it for my mum actually but it never showed “spectacular” difference in my mum’s under eye circles 🙁
Btw I got the almonds eye cream from Bk .. lets see how it fares on my mum’s circles 😀
Rati, that’s a good idea..gel for day and cream for night..that way you get both benefits..have you reviewed the cream anywhere?
Under Eye Cream review is here: https://makeupandbeauty.com/blossom-kochhars-almond-under-eye-cream/
btw, can I upload pics here??
You would have to send the pics to me, I’ll upload it in your next post. 🙂
Or else you have an option to put the pics in forum : https://makeupandbeauty.com/forum/
Palak, I think cream might work better for your mom as creams are said to be more effective for mature skin 🙂
Just wanted to give you an update Smita – the price is now 115 bucks!
.-= ki.´s last undefined ..Response cached until Fri 16 @ 13:56 GMT (Refreshes in 7.65 Hours) =-.
Thanks, Ki. 🙂 Updated.
Just bought it so let’s see how it works. 🙂
.-= ki.´s last undefined ..Response cached until Sat 17 @ 6:17 GMT (Refreshes in 19.50 Hours) =-.
I am currently using the Almond eye cream. I really really hope this works for me as I am totally disappointed with TBS Moisture White Under Eye Serum.
It was quite an expensive product, but unfortunately did not work for me 🙁
.-= Poornima´s last blog ..The Body Shop Haul-My B’day gift from hubby =-.
Almond eye cream has worked extremely well for my mom and me. I hope it does for you as well. 🙂 How is the day coming along.
Know what?? Your review is my only hope for that product 🙂
Day is good so far..slightly sleepy. Guess its the hangover of yesterdays traditional feast 😉
.-= Poornima´s last blog ..The Body Shop Haul-My B’day gift from hubby =-.
lol!! my day is going to be lame only. Thursday. 😀
I bought a couple of tubes of these because of the hype a year or two ago; used perhaps one of them. In the end, I had like three tubes that got expired and had to throw them away. I guess it does not work on hereditary dark circles. If it had started to work, I would have obviously cared to use them all up, but it showed no difference. There is no cure for dark circles; all you can do is conceal them; sometimes, even that is not possible fully.
I absolutely adore this product!
I tried TBS under eye gel, which is much more expensive, but I prefer this one over any other eye gel I have eye used. Even garnier with the roll on or biotique(it stung my eye!)
hi smita! can u tell me where can i get this product??
i’m interested to purchase one!
can anyone tel me has the packaging of aroma magic products changed now?
Hi all, I just found out abt this site am absolutely hooooked..I hav serious dark circles , everyone seems to be in awe of this gel, please… Let where can I get aroma magic products in Bangalore.
u can find these products in any health and glow stores in bangalore… 🙂
:stars: :preen: from where i can get this cream .i am intreseted in it. i m having severe dark circles
i m 22..n regular usage of specs n computer has d area around my eyes tired n dull luking..
can i use this?
which will give positive result to me :- aroma magic’s eye gel or eye cream?
my skin is a little dry and i’m 20 years old with severe dark cirlcles.