WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
FabIndia Aloe Vera under eye gel review – Effective.
I knew I needed an under eye gel badly, to deal with darkening circles from lack of proper sleep. More than half my area is under redevelopment and noisy polluted environment has disturbed sleep patterns and general peace of mind.
I spotted the “fabindia aloe vera under eye gel” and just couldn’t resist a trial (I love that fabindia keeps testers for all their products) on my hand. The gel just penetrated the skin so well and I knew then and there, I had found a long term skin-friend.
Priced at Rs 125 for 25ml, it did not seem expensive (because it’s worth the cost)
The claims – This unique formula contains aloe vera gel that reduces puffiness and revives tired looking eyes. Regular use helps reduce dark circles and prevents wrinkles.
- Ingredients – Aloe Vera, glycerol, aqua.
- Directions for use – Apply gently around eyes.
- Availability – It’s easily available at all FabIndia stores. But unfortunately cannot be purchased online. The website does not even list the skin care products
So after a trial at the store and 4 weeks of daily usage, once after bath and before sleeping, here’s what I think of the Fabindia aloe vera under eye gel – it’s one of the most effective under eye gel.
It’s a crystal clear gel, as translucent as water till you touch it. A touch makes one realize its thickness of the gel. The no-fragrance product (though if you keep sniffing really hard and searching for a smell, you might get a very faint “Joker” gum type smell). While I generally don’t like jar packaging, this one comes in a ajar with 2 covers – one is the main lid and below the lid is a white cover so product doesn’t spill around.
The gel works well on the delicate under eye area. Just put it on before bed and within 2 minutes, you feel the skin below eyes tighten. I love its firming action.
Pros of the FabIndia Aloe Vera Under Eye Gel
- It’s application feels nice & soothing.(Applying the gel is the last thing I do before bed )
- I like the crystal- clear- water look of gel. It’s very easy on the eyes, unlike some gels which are slightly whitish or yellow and not transparent.
- I like how it’s easily absorbed and makes the under eye area tight and firm
- The product is effective because some of the darkness of my under eye skin reduced. Even puffiness decreased (I have used it for 4 weeks). I think consistent application of product would help prevent wrinkles because it tightens the skin real nice.
- Just a little is enough.
- Priced right .Not too expensive and yet effective.
- No worry of breakouts or reactions on sensitive skin. Plus no big ingredient list. So I had great comfort when I purchased this product.
- With a mfg date of Apr 2010 and expiry in Sept 2011, the product has 17 month lasting period. That seems pretty good.
- The packaging with 2 covers helps prevent spilling, wastage or drying up easily.
- IT’S GOT ALOE VERA. To say, I love aloe vera products is untrue. I am “aloe-vera obsessed” . But, even then, I have tried to remain as objective as possible through this review.
What I don’t like about Fabindia ALoe Vera Under Eye Gel
- Per se, it doesn’t have a smell. But if you sniff really hard, then faint “gum-type smell” exists. It’s not offensive, but you may not like this aspect.
- The product can be purchased only at the fabindia stores, cannot be purchased from other stores or even ordered online
Will I recommend the product or purchase it again? – Most definitely . I think this product totally rocks in its category, especially when I know that many other under eye products with tall claims are hogwash.
Overall rating – :-* :-* :-* + 0.5
Quality – :-* :-* :-* :-* + 0.4
Packaging – :-* :-* :-*
Availability – :-* :-* + 0.5
Price – :-* :-* :-*
Have you used Fabindia Aloe Vera Under Eye Gel? Please rate in the box below
- Aroma Magic Under Eye Gel Review: Dark Circles and Wrinkles
- Biotique Seaweed Eye Gel & Almond Under eye Cream- Review
- Under Eye Dark Circles: Jovees 24 Carat Gold Eye Contour Gel