Skin tone: fair-light, yellow-neutral undertones
Lip texture: normal dry lips, mild pigmentation
How are you doing today? I am truly excited to share about my next purchase with you all as I have finally plunged into the nude lip trend. The liquid lipstick trend is definitely not new to IMBBians or beauty junkies now that we can see every low end and high end brand coming up with smacking hot liquid lipsticks. Now bareMinerals has launched its ‘Gen Nude Matte Liquid Lipcolor’ range with 20 universally flattering nude shades; I am sure every beauty can get her MLBB or HG neutral lip color for her skin tone in this collection. After a long brainstorming session, I settled for two shades: Cookie and Swag. So, let’s read more about the shade ‘Cookie’ today.
Price: $18 for 0.13 Fl Oz
Description: soft melon
Texture: Lightweight, no-tack texture
Finish: Moisturizing, cream-to-matte finish
• Gen Nude Matte Liquid Lip Color is long-wearing, cream-to-matte color with a lightweight, no-tack texture. Full coverage pigments are suspended in a silky formula that glides over lips effortlessly, then dries to a long-wearing, natural matte finish.
• Formulated with moisturizing ingredients to counteract dryness, this matte liquid glides on silky smooth with a subtle vanilla scent.
• The flexible paddle applicator delivers full coverage in one sweep.
• Perfect for making a bold nude lip statement while balancing a sultry eye look.
My Experience with bareMinerals Cookie Gen Nude Matte Liquid Lipcolor:
The liquid lipstick comes in a transparent, sturdy plastic tube packaging with a twist on cap attached to the soft sponge applicator. The USP of this product is its hot chocolate fragrance, which is not overpowering yet lingers for a few minutes. Love it! It is a pretty user-friendly and travel-friendly product. Talking about “Cookie” today, it is described as a matte soft melon shade and it is true to its description as it comes up as a cool toned melon pink milky nude on my skin tone. I feel it will definitely work fairly well on most fair, light and pale Indian skin tones with pink-neutral undertones.
In fact, it works like a charm with smoky eye makeup and fully contoured and highlighted facial features for me personally. Talking about its texture, honestly there is barely any difference in the wet mouse textured of all these liquid lipsticks, just the finish and feel on the lips make a difference! This Gen Nude made a difference with its comfortable semi-wet matte finish which sits nicely on my normal-dry lips for several hours. Keeping the shade aside, I love its thin, lightweight formula which feels feather light on my lips; there is no sticky or tacky feel at all. It slips nicely even on dry lips even without clinging to dry patches or sitting into the lip lines. It might emphasise the lip lines and dry patches over a period of time; it is a matte finish lipstick, after all.
But no worry as it sits comfortably on my lips without feeling overly dry or emphasising my lip flaws even after several hours. However, it takes few swipes to impart intense, saturated and smooth finish on the lips. I mean, a few generous swipes may be required to conceal pigmented lips, but I won’t call it tricky in that sense as it sets to a non-flaky, non-cakey and saturated finish even with multiple swipes. The wet mousse formula glides effortlessly on the lips, but takes some 8-10 minutes to set. This semi-wet matte finish stays put for good 5+ hours with mild transferring.
Overall, I find it suitable for every beauty, even for those with dry lips or pigmented lips as we can use it alone over dry lips and/or pair it with a lip liner for a flawless finish. If you are inclined towards semi-wet matte finish lip colors and are unhappy with your current drying matte liquid lipstick then try this Gen Nude range. It has a thin, non-drying, non-bleeding and perfect formula that everyone’s is going to love.
Let’s sum up pros and cons:
Pros of bareMinerals Cookie Gen Nude Matte Liquid Lipcolor:
• A cool toned soft melon pink nude lipstick
• Feels thin and absolutely lightweight
• Glides effortlessly on normal-dry lips
• Does not settle into the lip lines
• Does not cling to dry patches
• Imparts a medium to full coverage
• Does not appear cakey or flaky
• Sets nicely to a non-sticky, semi-wet, matte finish
• Sits comfortably on my dry lips for several hours
• Does not feel overly drying
• Does not feather or bleed
• Stays put for good 5+ hours
• Makes lips feel pretty soft and moisturised
• Quite a user-friendly and travel-friendly concept
Cons of bareMinerals Cookie Gen Nude Matte Liquid Lipcolor:
• The Gen Nude range comprises solely of nude lip colors
• Beauties with pigmented lips might need a few generous swipes
• Extra few strokes for levelling and smoothing the finish are required
• May emphasize dryness or lip lines after few hours
IMBB Rating: 4.5/5
Conclusion: Well I personally don’t mind few of the cons as we can easily get over these with a few tricks and precautionary measures. It is just that I am not totally into the nude lip colors trend yet. Hence, I am not sure if I will consider the shade again, but I totally liked their formula and finish.
bareMinerals Bareskin Perfecting Veil
bareMinerals Ready To Go Complexion Perfection Palette
bareMinerals Universal Dark Frame and Define Brow Styler
bareMinerals Invisible Light Translucent Powder Duo
bareMinerals Pop of Passion Lip Oil-Balm – Plumberry Pop
Maybelline Nude Flush Color Sensational Vivid Matte Liquid Lip Color
Mac Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolor Back In Vogue
Sugar Cosmetics Matte As Hell Lipstick Crayon
KIKO Cosmetics 100 Cookie Soft Touch Blush
Maybelline Color Show Lipstick in Nutty Cookie
Summery Neon Makeup Look
Look of the Day : Matte Makeup