WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Black and Decker Hair Styler is the first hair gadget that I purchased and it was a careful buy. I bought this styler from futurebazaar.com and with free shipping, it costed me Rs. 1250. Special mention to this particular website, which works professionally and ships products in less than 4 days unlike indiatimes.com.
I went through many hair dryers and stylers before zeroing on this particular styler and most of them had this 800 watts and 1200 watts power. Since, I am very wary of this “watts” thing, I was very happy that this particular styler by Black and Decker worked only on 400 watts of power.
I had placed an order with futurebazaar.com and within 4 days, I got this styler and I am using it regularly without any hitch. This styler comes with a warranty of 1 year. A wonderful hair styling tool for a hair gadget novice like me.
DESCRIPTION ABOUT BLACK AND DECKER PX9 HAIR STYLER:
Black and Decker Hair Care for Women and Men is an exclusively designed product.
• 400 watts of power for drying and styling.
• 2 heat and speed settings gives the right setting for the right hair.
• Volume brush gives height and root lift to the hair.
• Round brush helps in shaping and curling hair.
• Flat vent brush assists in Straightening curly hair and adding waves.
• Cool shot button sets your style instantly.
• Concentrator for quick and spot drying.
• Hang up loop makes storing convenient.
MY EXPERIENCE WITH BLACK&DECKER PX9 — 400 WATT HAIR STYLER:
This hair styler comes with 3 attachments:
First one is a round brush for curling and reverse curling hair.
Second one is a flat brush which can straighten hair (with much frizz). But, it will not iron out your hair, just plain straighten wavy hair, but a hair too many curls, this is not for you.
Third one is a brush, which I cannot define and unfortunately, I don’t know yet how to use it, (help!!!!).
I don’t know what to do with this brush.
I am really happy that I got this styler instead of a routine hair dryer. First of all, it has 2 speed and heat settings, so I can control how much heat I want to let into my hair. The 400 watts power works for me and there is enough pressure to curl, straighten, and add waves to the hair.
Two speed and heat settings with cool shot button.
I don’t really use this styler to dry my hair and I guess it will take much more time than normal dryers because there is no diffuser attachment for hair drying, which means you have to choose either of these three attachments and that would make hair drying a very slow process.
There is a cool shot button at the top, which sets your style in place.
PROS OF BLACK AND DECKER HAIR STYLER:
- A wonderful starting tool for hair gadget novices.
- 400 watts power (at least for me it’s a pro).
- Three attachments to curl, straighten, and add volume to hair.
- Safety checked.
- Cool shot button included.
- Price is very reasonable.
CONS OF BLACK AND DECKER HAIR STYLER:
- Not appropriate for hair drying with the three attachments.
- Flat vent brush for straightening will not straighten out curly hair, its to straighten out wavy hair.
IMBB STAR RATING: 3/5….-1 for my inability to use the third attachment.
OVERALL VERDICT: I recommend this to beginners and to people who just want “lightweight” styling for their hair. Black and Decker does not score high if you want “heavyduty” styling. Since, now I know how to handle “power” tools, I want to move on to advanced ones.
Farouk CHI 1 Inch Ceramic Flat Hairstyling Iron
Hair: Short Hairstyle for Face Shapes
How to Curl Hair at Home, Get Curly Hairstyle and Manage Curls
Hairstyle: Hairstyles for Short Hair
Hairstyle: Hairstyles for Long Hair
Easy Hair Styles for the Summer Season
Hair Style – 8 Fantastic Reasons to Get A Short Hair Cut