I am exploring my creative streak nowadays by making new DIYs. The face masks or hair packs whipped up at home are free from parabens and preservatives. Going chemical free sometimes yields magical results. I initially made the amla hair care pack which is the first step and then modified it to add the second step. How and why? Read on, sweeties!
The first step is a scalp care pack. It is made using amla powder, curd and rosemary oil. You need to apply this to the scalp and roots of your hair. This all natural hair pack is a great one if you have excess dandruff, itchiness, hair loss and need to stimulate hair growth.
Amla Powder: You can grind on your own or use a store-bought powder.
Rosemary oil: Rosemary oil from any good source.
Curd: Curd made at home since I wanted to go preservative free.
How to Make:
1. Add amla powder in a bowl. Here, I have emptied one sachet which is around 12 grams and it was enough for covering the scalp. Next, mix curd with the amla powder. I added the watery portion of the curd to make a paste as I was saving curd for the second step.
2. Add 5-6 drops of rosemary oil. Mix well and apply on your scalp and roots.
Amla is an excellent natural ingredient which improves hair health. It makes hair stronger from the roots, cleanses scalp, and prevents hair loss and premature greying. Curd soothes the scalp, reduces dandruff and nourishes hair roots. Rosemary oil stimulates hair growth and prevents thinning of hair. Also, it reduces itchiness and flakiness of the scalp. This pack is drying in nature due to the presence of amla powder. So I add a deep conditioning and nourishing mask to make hair extremely smooth and soft.
The second step is a conditioning mask, which you can use anytime.
Curd: The thick creamy portion of the curd is used here.
Olive oil: I used olive oil from the kitchen. The glass bottle is huge and bulky, so added it right in the bowl.
How to Make:
1. Add the three ingredients together and mix very well.
2. Apply it evenly on your strands till the tips of your hair.
3. Wash off your hair with a mild herbal shampoo. You may need to wash more than once so as to remove traces of the pack. If you have very dry hair, use a conditioner. Do not use any heat styling tools and let your hair air dry.
Trust me, I was amazed at the results. Clean refreshed scalp and soft bouncy hair. What more could I ask for? This 2-step hair care pack ensures your hair and scalp both meet their requirements. So while you remove grime and flakes from your scalp and stimulate hair follicles, the deep conditioning mask restores moisture and shine to your hair.
Do try this mask and let me know if it worked as effectively it did on me.
DIY Tamarind Hair Wash for Long Hair
DIY Lip Care Routine for Soft Pink Pigment-Free Lips
Purederm Snail Age Regenerating Multi-Step Treatment 3D Mask
Maybelline SuperStay 24 Hour 2-Step Lip Color – Cinnamon Stay
Banjara’s Hair Revitalizing Pack
Hair Care : Do It Yourself Hair Protein Pack
Biotique Musk Root Pack For Hair and Scalp
6 Ways to Brighten Up a Dull Complexion with Kitchen Ingredients
Beauty Benefits and Uses of Key Kitchen Ingredients