Here comes another weekend after long and tiring week days. I really love weekends even though I am a home maker. Moreover, I usually take a day off from kitchen and babysitting (during weekends) and indulge in my favorite hobbies while my hubby takes a day off from his work and finds solace in babysitting Aadya. Anyway, today I am going to talk about my purchase from Dr Dennis Gross’ skin care which is working well for my oily/weird skin. Thankfully, it is way cheaper than my previous Dr Dennis moisturizer, hence I am looking forward to continue it till I find something better (read cheaper :P) than this moisturizer. This moisturizer is vegan, paraben and sulfate free apart from being cruelty free, though it is not 100% natural, but never mind, I can still live with this harsh truth. So, let’s move ahead with Dr Dennis Gross Skincare Trifix Oil Free Moisturizer.
$35 for 1.7 Fl Oz (50 ml), exclusive of taxes and shipping.
This oil free, white gel-cream consistency moisturizer comes in white, opaque and sturdy plastic tube packaging with flip top opening. It has a very faint smell which is hardly noticeable. Overall, quite user friendly and travel-friendly packaging.
My Experience with Dr Dennis Gross Trifix Oil Free Moisturizer:
Firstly, let me tell you this, trifx claims to target blackheads, clogged pores and irritation which is quite true to an extent, but not completely though. It does help in unclogging pores and calms down irritated skin, but it did not treat the blackheads, it prevents future breakouts though. I had high hopes from this moisturizer that it would certainly help me get rid of nasty blackheads, but sadly, it reduced my blackheads, but did not help me get rid of them completely. I certainly get plumped up and well hydrated skin ever since I started using it regularly. It’s been more than a month and I haven’t seen any change in the blackheads except that they are exposed on surface and I can easily pluck them out or scrub them slowly. However, I am happy that it certainly helps in unclogging my pores as I can see less emergence of whiteheads around my cheeks and chin area unlike earlier days. Even the breakouts have reduced to almost half to almost none within a month, which is impressive, especially in summers. Thankfully, I am enjoying clear skin days in summers and I give due credit to this lotion. However, I am still struggling with oily face. I get shiny T zone within 4-5 hours of using this moisturizer which is still okay and under control once I use toner and face powder.
The texture of this moisturizer is quite light and more like gel-cream base though it is a water-based lotion. It immediately gets absorbed into my skin and I don’t see any residue behind except soft skin which stays good for 5-6 hours. It does give me a flush of hydration and I can see that my skin looks well hydrated and moisturized 24×7. It alone gives me oil-free clear face for 4-5 hours, thereby I need face powder and toner/mist to blot out oil off my t zone. It can easily be paired up with face makeup for limited time period. Moreover, it really helps in getting rid of dry/flaky skin after cleansing/scrubbing, can use it post acid peels also. Nowadays, I top it over my new retinol serum (from the same brand) and it works really well over my serum without reacting or irritating my skin. I have not noticed irritated skin or breakouts after incorporating this moisturizer in my skin care regimen and I am going to make it a regular in my kit for a while.
I am also hopeful to continue it in the winters for it softens and gives me radiant skin without clogging my pores and/or giving me red/bumpy skin. This moisturizer is a boon for dry summers for my weird/oily acne-prone skin. I also think it will work great on dry/normal skin beauties in summers if not winters. I only feel sad that it did not do much for my blackheads, other than that, it is closer to my hg moisturizer as of now. I am really determined to continue with it as long as I am not able to get my hands on another paraben-free and chemical-free effective moisturizer for oily skin. A must try for oily/combination skin.
Let’s sum up the pros and cons:
Pros of Dr Dennis Gross Trifix Oil Free Moisturizer:
- A fast-absorbing and non-greasy formula infused with the goodness of aloe leaf juice, hydration treatment with vitamin D for congested skin.
- An oil-free water-based moisturizer which is ideal for oily/combination/acne prone/normal beauties all year round.
- Does not leave any residue on skin, in fact, it leaves the skin plumped up and well moisturized for 8-12 hours.
- Does help in reducing open/enlarged pores for 3-4 hours.
- Also helps in oil control for 4-5 hours, I see only a few oily spots on my t zone.
- Minimizes the emergence of whiteheads/blackheads.
- Gave me nourished, radiant, and moisturized skin after a month of religious usage.
- Does not cause any red spots/bumpy skin post shower or scrubbing.
- I use it freely post cleansing/acid peel/scrubbing and even after using retinol serum.
- Also helps to get rid of nasty marks, light pigmentation and dry flakes caused due to over scrubbing or retinol treatment.
- User friendly, hygienic and travel friendly packaging, way cheaper than other Dr Dennis Gross products.
Cons of Dr Dennis Gross Trifix Oil Free Moisturizer:
- It is not a miracle lotion, takes at least 2 weeks time to show results.
- Does not eliminate whiteheads/blackheads.
- Not 100% natural, does contain chemicals.
- Much cheaper options are also available.
This moisturizer is way better than my previous lotions. I can say that it does what it claims to do up to a good extent.
Dr. Dennis Gross Hydra Pure Oil Free Moisture
Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash
Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference Oil-Free Lotion
Clinique Super City Block Oil Free Daily Face Protector SPF 40
Garnier Light Oil Free Moisturizer
5 Oil Free Moisturizers For Winters
Faces Cosmetics Oil-Free Foundation
Clean & Clear Acne Clearing Moisturizer
Biotique Bio Redwood Tinted Moisturizer
Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 15