What is Fab India Lavender Cleansing Milk?
It is a gentle cleansing milk with grapeseed extract and lavender essential oil that penetrate deep to cleanse and moisturize your skin.
Key Ingredients: Water, Sesame Oil, Emulsifying wax, glycerine, grapeseed extract, Gum Xantan, and Lavender Essential Oil
Price: Rs 150 (Indian Rupees) for 200 ml.
Directions for use: Apply onto a cotton swab and gently cleanse in an upward direction.
Some notes on ingredients:
Another use for xanthan gum is the stabilization and binding of cosmetic products. One advantage of xanthan gum is that a little goes an incredibly long way. Cosmetic manufacturers add a very small amount of xanthan gum to their cream-based products in order to keep the individual ingredients from separating. Despite the use of bacteria during processing, xanthan gum itself is not generally harmful to human skin or digestive systems, though some individuals may find they are allergic to it. Xanthan gum is often used whenever a gel-like quality is sought.
Sesame Seed Oil has been used as a healing oil for thousands of years. Sesame oil is mentioned in the Vedas as excellent for humans. It is naturally antibacterial for common skin pathogens, such as staphylococcus and streptococcus as well as common skin fungi, such as athlete’s foot fungus. It is naturally antiviral. It is a natural anti inflammatory agent.
Emulsifying wax is one of the essential ingredients in making lotions and creams. Think of it as the “glue” that will hold your recipe together. We’ve all seen how oily salad dressings separate after sitting for a while.
Glycerin products are gentle and do not cause irritation. Because of this, they are very good to use on children’s skin. It acts as a humectant, attracting water to the skin to restore suppleness. One of the primary causes of wrinkling is the loss of elasticity and moisture in the skin. Aging depletes skin resources and many are not restored by the body. Glycerine is water retaining and application on the skin forms a barrier against moisture loss and an attractant for new moisture. It is so commonly used and so unappreciated. And because of its large commercial use, glycerin is not expensive.
Grape seed oil is a preferred cosmetic ingredient for damaged and stressed tissues, possessing regenerative and restructuring qualities which allow for strong control of skin moisturization.
Why should you buy Fab India Lavender cleanser?
- It does not sting my eyes. My biggest problem with Lakme cleanser was that it used to sting my eyes badly. This one doesn’t.
- Cleanses my face makeup completely. Every speck of it.
- Is gentle and I feel fresh after using it.
- Priced decently for the amount of product we get.
- The consistency is neither runny nor thick.
- Does not dry my skin after I remove my makeup. I anyway follow up with water rinsing and moisturizing.
- Does not smell very strong.
Why should you NOT buy Fab India Lavender cleanser?
- This product removes face makeup and eye shadows completely but it does not remove mascara or eye liners. It says it is a gentle makeup remover so I didn’t even expect it to remove my eye liners or mascara.
- It is an oil based cleanser so I wouldn’t recommend it for oily skin.
Would I re-purchase it?
Hell yeah! I have almost finished using this bottle and would be buying the next one soon. 🙂 This is one of the best cleansing lotions I have used, so far.