WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
I love fragrances in almost all the products that I use and at times, I buy stuff just because they tingle my olfactory nerves. I can never have enough of lovely fragrances especially when it comes to body butters, lotions, soaps and shower gels. So lovely ladies, here goes the review.
Product Being Reviewed:
ULTA Moisture Intense Body Butter – Lavender Woods with Shea butter and Sweet Almond oil.
Water (Aqua), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric/Myristic/Stearic Triglyceride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Fragrance, Aminomethyl Propanol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Carbomer, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Flour, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Steareth-2, Tocopherol, Ethylhexyglycerin, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Phenoxyethanol
Price and Quantity:
$ 9 ( approx Rs. 450 ) for 6 oz/170 g. Currently on offer of buy 2 get 2 free.
The Other Body Butters in this Range:
- Fresh Water Mist: a crisp blend of fresh mountain air, cucumber and watery melon.
- Pomegranate Lime: an invigorating blend of juicy pomegranates, Meyer limes and cashmere woods.
- Mandarin Mint: an energizing combination of Mandarin oranges, fresh mint and white musk.
- Fresh Lilac: a flirty blend of fresh lilacs, spring blossoms and bright fruits.
- Sheer Apple Blossom: a sparkling blend of apple blossoms, melons and sheer violets.
- Pink Petals: a playful blend of pink orchids, crushed raspberries and blonde woods.
- Luscious Pear: a succulent blend of Bartlett pears, watery melon and fresh honeysuckle.
- Blackberry Cream: a juicy blend of blackberries, sparkling bergamot and rich vanilla cream.
- Vanilla Sugar: a comforting and addictive blend of vanilla, brown sugar and coconut milk.
- Lavender Woods: a calming blend of fresh-picked lavender, vanilla and white woods.
- Passionberry Vanilla: a sensual blend of passionfruit, pink berries and vanilla orchids.
It comes in a tube with a flip-open lid which helps control the amount of product you squeeze out and is more hygienic than a tub where one has to dip fingers.
This super intensive moisturizing butter by ULTA combines shea butter and sweet almond oil to provide long-term moisture to skin. Use all over to help soften, heal and tone even the driest of skin or as a spot treatment to rough patches such as elbows and knees. Apply liberally to skin wherever it needs intense hydration and to lightly fragrance with Lavender Woods – a calming blend of fresh picked lavender vanilla and white woods.
My Take on ULTA Moisture Intense Body Butter – Lavender Woods:
It has a pleasant fragrance. The fragrance of lavender is not distinct. To be more specific, the fragrance can be described as a mixture of talc and shea butter. The fragrance is distinct for about 2 hours and then it lingers on the skin for around 4 hours.
This body butter is very light on skin. It moisturises the skin well without leaving any oil or greasiness behind and doesn’t clog the pores. The consistency is quite thick, but it spreads smoothly and evenly on the skin.
During winters, my skin tends to get dry and a little flaky in the area around the mouth and this body butter helps in moisturising my dry skin without making it greasy.
I am not sure if this would help in extreme cold weather for extremely dry or flaky skin, but it is an excellent product for humid climate where one badly needs body butters that are light and non greasy.
Pros of ULTA Moisture Intense Body Butter – Lavender Woods:
- Light and non greasy.
- Doesn’t clog the pores.
- Pleasant fragrance that lingers on the skin.
- Moisturises the skin well.
- Wide variety of fragrances to choose from.
Cons of ULTA Moisture Intense Body Butter – Lavender Woods:
- It isn’t a heavy-duty body butter, so it won’t survive extreme cold weather.
- It isn’t available in India 🙁
- A little expensive for the quantity, (but the current offer is tempting).
Will I Buy ULTA Moisture Intense Body Butter – Lavender Woods Again?
Definitely I will and I will try other fragrances, confused as there is a lot to choose from.
4.5 on 5
Ulta Lip Gloss
ULTA Lip Crayon in Bon Voyage
ULTA Cheek Colour in Sweet Cheeks
Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief
Vaseline Total Moisture 24 hour Moisturizing Cream
Enchanteur Moisture Silk Hand & Body Lotion (Romantic)
Faces Moisture Rich Lipstick
L’Oreal Smooth Intense Smoothing Shampoo
The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Body Butter
The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter and Soap
The Body Shop Moringa Body Butter
The Body Shop Shea Body Butter
Oriflame Calming Face Cream with Blueberry & Lavender Extracts
Fab India Lavender Cleansing Milk
Bath & Body Works Twilight Woods Body Lotion
Bath and Body Works Signature Collection – Twilight Woods Shower Gel