This is a very different post from usual. It’s always fun to live with girls and share outfits, accessories and inspirations. But if you live with your brother or dad or partner instead, you can still borrow key pieces from their wardrobe and turn it into a fashionable piece for yourself.
Here are some items to steal from your guy’s closet:
1. Knits: An essential winter staple, and something you will find in every guy’s closet. The oversize sweater will keep you warm and add a dash of street style to your overall look. You can feminine it up with a bold makeup look, statement earrings and pair it with skinny bottoms or shorts or even a dress.
2. Blazer: For a formal type look, steal his blazer but add a pretty top with ruffles to balance it out. If his blazer lacks shape, give it some definition by adding a belt. Accessorize with some classic pieces and you’ll have a great look.
3. Shirt: One of the most stolen items from a boy’s closet. You can wear a shirt as a dress by wrapping the collar area around your chest and tucking in the sleeves. It will look like a strapless dress. Add a shrug and you will have a brand new dress. For another style, you can layer shirts over a tank and pair it with skinnies and ballet flats.
4. Accessories: This is a versatile option that you can use to spruce up all your outfits.
a. Tie: Pairing some girly dresses and tops with your guy’s tie will give it a chic look. Look for ties with interesting patterns and wear it with neutral tops.
b. Watches: This is a no-brainer. Lots of women love chunky, masculine watches.
c. Shoes: If you have the same shoe size, borrow his shoes and wear it with a casual dress or shorts for a trendy look.
5. Perfume: I think we all have borrowed a guy’s perfume at some point. I have a few friends who buy only masculine perfumes.
I hope this gives you some inspiration to try something new. Have fun raiding and do share your thoughts on this.
How To Get Youthful Hands
How To Choose The Right Perfume
How to Apply Pencil Eyeliner – tutorial
How to Fix Common Makeup Mistakes
How To Curl Hair Without Heat – Rags
10 Types of Fashion Criminals We See Around Us
7 Fashion Mistakes You Didn’t Know About
13 Makeup and Beauty Crimes That Need to Stop Right Now!!
Breaking Fashion Rules In Style
How To Wear Neon Colors: Neon Makeup and Costume Ideas