How To Use Common Spices For Healthy Hair
Spices have always held a very special position in the Indian kitchen. Can we ever imagine cooking our favourite dishes without some of the basic spices around? Be it cardamoms, cloves, cinnamon or turmeric, spices would always be close to any Indian woman! But then, did you know that spices can be great for inducing the growth of healthy hair? So spices are not only good for adding that wonderful flavour to the meals that you cook, but also for preparing some of the easiest recipes for hair growth. If you want to know more about the wonder application of spices for getting the hair of Rapunzel, keep reading.
Top three Spices for Healthy Hair:
1. Cinnamon: A very commonly sweet spice used in powder form or sometimes whole, can be added to a variety of curries, desserts and drinks. It has been known for culinary benefits as well as for medicinal applications. This wonder herb has started showing promises as a beauty product too! Though there may not be any concrete scientific evidence as to whether or not it is really an ultimate solution to hair problem, many women have been known to benefit from this popular spice as far as their hair problems are concerned. Cinnamon has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties that heal scalp infections and prevent dandruff. Here are some easy recipes that you may try for your hair:
- Combine cinnamon powder and honey in equal quantities and add olive oil to form a smooth paste. Rub this mixture on scalp and leave on for an hour. Do it once every week before you shampoo your hair. This treatment ensures that you get healthy hair and scalp.
- Alternatively, you may heat olive oil and add cinnamon to it. Apply this oil thoroughly on your scalp when still tepid. Do it once in a week to promote growth of hair.
- If you have oily scalp and you do not wish to use olive oil, try combining honey and cinnamon along with egg and apply the hair mask to get smooth and healthy hair.
However, if you are pregnant or if you are allergic, you must use cinnamon only after expert advice.
2. Cumin seeds: Cumin, also known as “jeera” is an aromatic spice with a bitter yet warm flavour and is used extensively in Indian cuisines. Cumin seeds are available in three varieties – white, black and amber. Black cumin seeds contain vitamins and minerals which are extremely beneficial for hair. Here are some of the easiest recipes you can try out:
- Mix cumin oil and olive oil in equal amounts and apply on scalp. It is known to treat bald patches, if any.
- Boil two spoons of black cumin seeds in a cup of water for about ten minutes. Cool it down and filter out the liquid. Mix egg yolk to this solution and apply it on your scalp. Wait for thirty minutes and wash it off. This should be done at least two times in a month to get shiny and silky hair.
- Cumin oil is great for treating dandruff.
3. Coriander seeds: Coriander seeds or “dhaniya” too are extremely common and mostly, they are used as a powder to add a tang to the curries you cook. To make a recipe to arrest hair fall, add some powdered coriander seeds to your hair oil and use it for massaging your scalp. This is known to stimulate hair roots and aid the growth of hair.
Does it not sound easy? Indeed, it does! The best part is that using these common spices can be hassle free and cheap too. Try these home remedies and surely, don’t forget to share your experiences!
P.S. This is a research article. Please use your discretion before trying out the treatments.
How To Use White Eyeliner As Primer
How to Use Pigments
How To Apply Cream Blush
How to Use A Flat Iron
How To Use Night Creams
How to Fix Common Makeup Mistakes
Common Myths about Dermal Fillers
MAC Lipstick Fetish, Paramount, Spice it up, Media
MAC Spice Lip Pencil Review, Swatch, FOTD
Clinique Long Last Lipstick – Pink Spice
Montagne Jeunesse Sensuous Spice Self Warming Mask
Hair Care Tips for Strong Healthy Hair
10 Steps To Healthy Hair
20 Best Hair Masks For Healthy Hair
Important Vitamins and Nutrients For Healthy Hair
12 thoughts on “How To Use Common Spices For Healthy Hair”
Really great and useful article 🙂 Never knew about these spices for hair rescue 🙂 🙂 *thankyou*
That is an interesting article! Quite informative 🙂
Thanks somreta . . . . . Wud love to do the coriander 1 . . .one question can i keep grounded coriander seeds in dabur amla oil
To al my felow imbbians Plz sugest some tried and trusted remedies to aid faster hair growth . . . . I eat healthy, drink water daily, take folic acid suplements, do proper 7 hours sleep . . . .
Hey Samreen I was suffering from a lot of hair fall from past few months due to hormonal changes, although now it has stopped and my hair is growing back quite fast, two things that are very effective are high protein diet and biotin supplements when it comes to hair growth , I have been taking biotin supplements from past over 3 months and it takes 2-3 months to show results but the results are prominent, do consult your derma first, hope I helped 🙂
wow thats a very interesting post *clap* loved it *pompom* never had any idea that these spices could be used that way too *clap* *haan ji*
Thanks for the tips somreeta..i want to try the cinnamon one..
great tips, seem very effective I will try the cinnamon one 😀
Very informative.. Will surely try them out..
never knew about these, thanks for shedding light on them *clap* , I am going to try these 🙂
*shock* *shock* *shock* never knew about the benefits of spices for hairs
thanks for such a great article
awesome tips!! 🙂