Oily skin is a nightmare for most of us, especially teenagers. Some people have a genetic advantage when it comes to clear skin. While others not so fortunate ones, try every product available in the market in search of ‘that’ magic skin treatment, something that can zap their problems within no time and give them the desired radiant complexion.
The very first step towards beautiful skin is proper and regular skin cleansing. Opt for cleansers with alpha hydroxyl acids to remove dirt from your pores and reduce facial oils without over drying your skin. These trapped components can lead to clogged pores which in turn mean acne and blackheads for you.
Avoid using alcohol-based products on your oily skin. Such products will only activate the natural oils in the skin to continue to produce more oil and hence will make your face look oilier. Tone your skin with astringent after washing your face.
Some home remedies:
Regular application of natural remedies can help you cure or at least control oily skin to some extent. Also, the natural products or remedies are not as harsh on skin as store products that contain various chemicals.
• Exfoliate your skin with a mild facial scrub atleast once a week to balance your skin’s moisture. Make a paste with 1 tablespoon rice powder, 1 tablespoon corn flour and a few drops of lemon juice. Add water if needed. Using an upward/outward circular motion massage the mix on the face.
• Mix 2-3 drops of sandalwood or lavender oil with 2 tablespoon of milk. Massage with cotton wool swab to clean your oily face thoroughly.
• Rub tomato slice over your face for 5 minutes and then let your face dry completely before washing it off with normal water.
• If you don’t want to use over the counter astringent then make one at home by mixing together equal amounts of rosewater and lemon juice to wipe your irritated oily skin.
• Combine 1 packet of unflavoured gelatin and 1/2 cup of grapefruit juice. Heat the mixture until the gelatine is completely dissolved. Store in airtight container and wipe your face with it twice a day to remove dead skin cells that clog pores and cause oily skin.
• Apply the oatmeal and honey paste to your skin. Leave on for 15 to 20 minutes. Then rinse off with lukewarm or cool water.
• Soak 2 tea spoons of Methi seeds in water and leave them overnight. Strain the seeds and grind them into a not so fine past. Rub it on your face and leave it to dry for a while. Once it has dried out completely, wash your face with cold water.
Moisturizer for Your Skin Type
Biotique Bio Redwood Tinted Moisturizer
Ponds Age Miracle Anti Ageing Tinted Moisturizer
Neutrogena Oil Free Moisture – Facial Moisturizer
How to Use Toner and Moisturizer
How to Apply Makeup for Oily Skin
Best Moisturizer for Dry Sensitive Skin
How to Treat Oily Hair
22 Best Skin Care and Makeup Solutions for Oily Skin