WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
We all know that one has to follow the three basic steps of cleansing, toning and moisturizing for a beautiful skin. As far as I am concerned I just can’t keep up with this routine daily. At times, due to lack to time I just skip the toning part. Though I am well aware of the importance of toners, yet my laziness take a toll over me at times.
Toners are meant to remove all remaining traces of oil, makeup and dirt. Always choose a mild and alcohol-free toner. Harsh toners dehydrate skin due to which skin may become oilier. Rosewater is the best natural toner. It helps to keep skin fresh and balances the pH levels. People with oily skin can use Witch Hazel as a toner.
Use toners to:
• Make skin feel fresh and clean
• Remove excess oil from the skin
• Eliminate the toxins
• Refresh tired complexion
• Tighten pores
Tips for toning:
• Always apply the toner to a cleansed face.
• Dampen a cotton ball with toner, and wipe it across your face. Allow it to dry naturally.
• Avoid the eye area while applying a toner.
• Don’t use toner more than once a day, especially if you have dry skin.
• If you have combination skin you may apply toner only to your oily T-zone.
• Boil two cups of mint leaves in one cup of water. Strain and apply to your face with cotton balls.
• Add one tablespoons of mint leaves (finely chopped) to two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. Leave it for few hours and then add a cup of water in it. Keep this solution in the fridge and apply whenever required.
A moisturizer protects your skin from the harsh environment and keeps it looking soft and glowing. No matter what type of skin (dry, oily etc) you have, you need a moisturizer to pamper your skin. Always use a moisturizer according to your skin type. People with
• Sensitive Skin : Should pick moisturizers that are fragrance-free and hypoallergenic. The idea is to be gentle on skin. Avoid products containing acids, as they can irritate your skin.
• Oily skin: Should opt for water-based and noncomedogenic products.
• Dry skin: Should use a heavier, oil-based moisturizer. In case you have a very dry skin use petrolatum-based products.
• Normal skin: Should choose a water-based moisturizer that has a light, nongreasy feel.
Use moisturizers to:
• Nourish your skin
• Protect your skin from sun damage and environmental irritants.
• Prevent dryness and cracking
• Restore the skin’s collagen.
Tips for moisturizing:
• Always apply a moisturizer on a clean and slightly damp skin. It helps to seal in hydration.
• Dab small dots on your face and neck and blend in thoroughly. Use wpward motion to do so.
• Start with your cheeks and then spread the moisturizer gently to your forehead and nose and lastly the chin.
• Don’t use a moisturizer with SPF at night, as it may lead to clogged pores.
• Don’t forget to moisturize your neck too.
• Avoid using heavy creams or moisturizers around the eyes as these could irritate them and cause puffiness.
How do you take care of your skin?
Top 5 Facial Moisturizers Under Rs.300
Top 5 Skin Toner under Rs 200
Oriflame Aloe Vera & Arnica Soothing Toner Review
Ayur Herbal Skin Toner Review
Lush Tea Tree Water Review
Chandra Dry Skin Moisturizing Lotion Review
Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion Review
Neutrogena Oil Free Moisture – Facial Moisturizer
Oriflame Pure Nature Organic Aloe Vera & Arnica Extract Soothing Face Cream
Rose Water- Dabur Gulabari, Fab India