After doing base makeup, the first thing I do is apply a cool-toned blush on the apples of my cheeks. I have experimented with several kinds of blushes from different brands and I personally enjoy the ones by Tarte the most. The new stick blushes by Jordana caught my eye in the local drugstore and I wanted to try them out. This review is about one among the two shades that I picked up- “Pink Nectar.”
Multi-purpose creamy color for lips and cheeks! Buildable formula glides on effortlessly and blends seamlessly. Mistake proof color is quick and easy to apply! 6 shades developed to work for a wide range of skin tones. Made in USA.
My Experience with Jordana Triple Play All Over Color 03 Pink Nectar:
The product comes in a stick form. The base of the plastic tube can be twisted up to dispense the product and can be applied directly to the cheeks, lips and eye lids (at least that is how it is advertised). It can be picked up with finger tips or a dense brush, and then blend it on the areas where we want to add some color. I usually do not have high hopes with such multipurpose products, but I couldn’t help but be impressed by the blendability of this product.
It comes in a good size plastic tube and does not feel fragile for $4.99. I hope it will last till I use it. There are 6 shades to choose from – coral pink to cool toned pink to neutral tone flesh color to dark plum.
I tested this product on my cheek bones and my lids (it is too garish for my lips). I applied it on the apples of my cheek and on my eye lids. It dries quickly so, it has to be quickly blended before it sets. It did blend well on my skin; however, it does make pores appear larger hence, a pore covering primer is useful in such case. The annoying part about stick-form products is that if used directly on cheeks, it tends to displace the base makeup underneath and gives a non-homogeneous appearance to makeup. Also, it did crease on my eye lids.
Pros of Jordana Triple Play All Over Color 03 Pink Nectar:
- An affordable multipurpose product which comes in a stick form.
- Comes in 6 different shades.
- Quantity is generous for the money paid and the packaging is not cheap either.
- Adds color to face when applied on the apples of cheeks and eye lids.
- Easy to blend on bare skin, but it is not so blendable with base makeup underneath.
- Good affordable substitute to more expensive, high-end stick form blush.
Cons of Jordana Triple Play All Over Color 03 Pink Nectar:
- Does accentuate face pores and a good pore minimizing primer is required underneath.
- I wish the ingredient list had fewer chemicals (it puts me off when I see a long list of complex sounding chemicals)
- Dries quickly so it must be blended quickly.
- Displaces base makeup and prevents the blush to blend into the highlighter.
- Creases on eye lids.
- Shade cannot be used on lips for my skin tone.
IMBB Rating: 2/5
Do I Recommend Jordana Triple Play All Over Color 03 Pink Nectar?
It is a good effort product by Jordana; however, it still needs some improvement. It is easy to blend with good staying power and overall performance on skin has room for enhancement. I recommend it only to those who like to experiment with new makeup otherwise, it can be avoided.
Jordana Modern Matte Lipstick Matte Dare
Jordana Modern Matte Lipstick in Matte Bare
Jordana Matte Frappuccino Modern Matte Lipstick
Jordana Shade 10 Pretty Modern Matte Lipstick
Sally Hansen Triple Shine Nail Lacquer, Kelp Out
H2O Sea Marine Triple Butter Sugar Scrub
e.l.f. Essential All Over Color Stick – Pink Lemonade
bareMinerals All Over Face Color – Glee
Clinique Fresh Bloom All Over Colour Review: Almond Blossom
Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Pink Quartz
Bobbi Brown Rich Lip Color Lipstick in Mod Pink
Faces Go Chic Lip Stick-Suede Pink
Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick – Nectar
EOS Blackberry Nectar Visibly Soft Lip Balm