MAC Eyeshadow Plum Dressing Review, Swatch and EOTD
Hi IMBB Beauties!
MAC Plum dressing is a plummy pinkish purple shade and definitely one of the prettiest purples from MAC. I had initially wanted to buy a more reddish warmer shade but the MUA recommended this shade and I picked it up.
Price: Rs 680 for refill and Rs 900 for single.
My take on the product: The eyeshadow is not a true purple but one with a pinkish, plum undertone and quite a unique and pretty shade that will suit a lot of skin tones. It has a veluxe pearl finish and hence is not flat matte. The finish and color is such that it can be worn in a lot of ways- subtle as well as dramatic, in the day as well as in the night, and that is why I like the shade so much. Also, it is quite a flattering eyeshadow for dark hair/eyes and warm skin tones because of the warm plummy/red undertone – will suit Indian skin tones and brown eyes a lot.
Ways to wear it-
1. In the crease paired with another neutral shade on the lid.
2. All over the lid with lighter pinker shade to blend it out in the crease.
3. With a pink shade (like MAC Cranberry) over lid and Plum dressing on the outer corner and crease. Color can be built up for a dramatic look
4. Pair with bronze/gold shade on the lid for a party look to pair with ethnic outfits.
PROS of MAC Plum dressingw Eyeshadow:
1. Pretty color that will flatter many skin tones.
2. Can be worn in many ways- for subtle as well as dramatic looks.
3. Nice pigmentation and soft smooth texture.
4. Veluxe pearl finish- neither too dull as matte shades nor too shimmery.
5. Stays on lids for a good 5-6 without primer without creasing (I have mildly oily lids) and longer with a primer.
6. Color can be built up for more intense look.
7. The warm undertone makes it a great purple for Indian skin tones and brown eyed beauties.
Overall verdict: It is a pretty and unique purple with pink and plummy undertones with a veluxe pearl finish. It is quite a versatile shade and it can be worn in a lot of ways. The texture is very smooth and pigmentation is quite good though you need to build up the color. Staying power is good and lasts 5-6 hours or more without creasing without a primer too. Not a must-have shade but a good one to have in an eye makeup lover’s collection.
MAC Wonder Woman Eyeshadow Quad, Eyeliner, Nail Polish
Must Have MAC Eyeshadows
MAC Eyeshadow – Beauty Marked
How to Depot Mac Eyeshadow
New Makeup from MAC and Inglot
MAC eyeshadow Deep truth
MAC Basic Eye Shadow Quad Swatches, Review, EOTD
Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush Soft Plum Review, FOTD
Chanel Plum Attraction Joues Contraste Blush Review, Look, Swatches
Avon Smooth Mineral Blush in Perfect Plum Review