WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Maybelline Dream Mousse blush in ‘Soft Plum’
Hello beautiful ladies, I hope you all doing great. I am back with a review of my yet another favorite product. I got this in Delhi when I was shopping with my sister. I wanted to get a nice pink blush as I already own plum and earth color ones. Peach colored blush don’t show on my skin tone (ohh those who don’t know I am NC42 in MAC) 🙂
Coming back to the blush, though the name says Soft Plum I feel it give a more pinkish finish to my cheeks rather than plum.
(Picture of a model wearing Dream mousse blush from Maybelline New York website)
(From Maybelline New York Website)
What Maybelline New York has to say about their product?
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT
• Air-whipped mousse blush feels satin-soft on skin, glides on smoothly, and blends easily for seamless color and a natural finish
• Long-wearing formula provides luminous, long-lasting color on cheeks without clogging pores
FOR BEST RESULTS
With your fingertips, pat a small amount of blush onto the apples of your cheeks. Use feathery strokes to blend gently from your cheekbones to your temples. To build color intensity, apply more blush.
Shades available:- (on website)
L-R: 25 Rose Petal, 25 Pink Frosting, 20 Peach Satin, 40 Soft Plum, 50 Cloud wine and 60 Coffee cake
Shades available in India:– Only two 🙁
20 Peach Satin
40 Soft plum
I got it in Soft Plum. 🙂
Quantity:- 5.75 g
Price:– INR 180/-
The blush is very soft-textured and has a mousse like consistency as the name says. The container is a glass jar like with a pink screw plastic lid. I find it quite cute. The blush seems to be flaky but when I pick it up and apply it blends very nicely and gives an even finish. Also it has tiny shimmer particles. This is the first time I am trying a shimmery blush but I admit I love it a lot (in fact more than my matte blushes). The shimmer is not OTT and it’s so fine that you need a pretty close look to see them. It just gives your cheek a fabulous pink glow.
How I use it?
I just pick up a little product with a Q-tip and apply on the apple of my cheeks and blend it nicely with finger with an outward stroke. I usually do this after contouring my chubby cheeks :))
Here is how the product looks inside the container.
Swatch of the blush before blending
Swatch of the blush after blending
You can see it gives a smooth finish after blending.
Pros Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush Soft Plum
• This is the best pink blush I have. The formula is like whipped cream (like marriage between a powder and a cream blush 😛 ) which melts into your skin on blending. *magic 😀
• It gives a natural healthy glow to the cheeks.
• After blending, the finish is very smooth and even.
• The shimmer is not OTT.
• Highly pigmented. A little goes on for both the cheeks. And the color is buildable too.
• I have oily/combination skin but this blush did not reacted or gave me any breakouts. It did not make my skin oily at all. It just gave it a soft dewy finish.
• The price is quite affordable compared to other high-end brands for the given quantity.
• The staying power is quite nice. It lasts almost 3-4 hours without any uneven patches. For my oily skin 3 hours is quite a lot for a cream blush. At the end of the day (8-9 hours) it just fades away but nothing flaky or uneven.
• No fragrance….which I like. I don’t like strongly scented cosmetics. Let that be for the bath products please. 😀 😀
Cons of Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush Soft Plum
• A big one for me is Maybelline New York products are tested on animals. :hunterwali:
• The glass jar makes it difficult to carry along. Though it’s a small jar I find it too heavy to be tugged along. 🙁
• Yes jar packaging also makes it unhygienic but the problem is solved by using Q-tips.
• You can’t use a brush for blending this blush (or any cream blush 😛 ). So you need to mess your finger for the blending which can be irritating for some.
• It contains parabens. 🙁
• You can easily go overboard with the product and this can end up giving you clown cheeks. But with practice you know how much to start off with, I suggest to start with very little blend nicely and then check if you need more. But again a little every time. This way you can control the pigmentation.
That’s how it looks on me. A soft pink flush on my cheeks.
Overall, I love this blush and the effect it gives me. Many of my friends have complimented on how pretty it looks (including Noopur). So yes I will continue using it till I find equally or more likable pink blush.
Rating:- :star: :star: :star: + 0.5 ( for the pros and cons mentioned above)
Let me know whether you have tried it? Or intend to in future?….Suggestions and opinions are welcomed in the comments box below. :manicure: :)) Also, rate in the box below
Also Read :
Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation Review
Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush Review-Peach Satin
Maybelline Dream Mousse Bronzer Review
Maybelline Expert Wear Blush Review – Berry Sorbet