WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
In my search to bring you the best beauty gurus online, I now skip away from UK-based gurus to the American ones. There are a lot of exceptionally wonderful and talented gurus from the US, but one of my absolute favorite will have to be Marlena Stell. She is a makeup artist based in Sacramento, CA and is also the CEO of Makeup Geek, a website that has very recently launched its own range of makeup products, which are getting amazing, positive reviews. That is why I feel she has gone beyond just being a YouTube guru by launching her own makeup line.
On her website, MakeupGeek, Marlena says:
“Makeup Geek is my place to share my passion for makeup and beauty with so many others! My goal in life is to help even just one person feel more beautiful – if that means the use of makeup, then I’m ok with that. Makeup for me is a way to enhance my natural beauty- it isn’t a mask or a way to hide, but more like a way to shine. It can also be a way to get creative and wear gorgeous colors in a fun way! If applying the perfect shade of lipstick makes me feel more confident on my way out the door, then I want every other woman (or man) out there to feel that same confidence, so that is why I tape my videos. I want every person out there to feel confident in his/her makeup skills and feel “pretty”.”
If you watch her videos, you realize just how much she means those words. She is not only exceptionally gifted at teaching makeup techniques in her videos but she also cares about all her subscribers and is quick to point out any dupes for anything she uses that would be easy on the pocket too. She uses a wide range of products from every possible makeup brand out there & doesn’t just relentlessly promote her own line of brushes or eye shadows (MakeUp Geek – MUG Products).
Reasons Why I Think You Will Love Marlena’s Videos:
- She teaches very well – zooms in on her features; patiently and practically shows us exactly how to place, blend, work and highlight the product on ourselves.
- For any expensive product she uses, she promptly will mention a budget-brand that we can easily substitute it with. She even has a series of videos “Product Smackdown,” where she honestly compares two very similar products, one of them high-end and the other a budget-brand and gives the pros and cons of each, and declares a winner.
- She is a genius with eye makeup looks for all occasions and all skin types. I just love that she uses not just “safe” colors, but shows us how to work with bold colors too. Look at this video and MakeupGeek videoyou will get an idea regarding what I’m referring to. Isn’t it a pretty eye look! :drool:
- What I absolutely love about her is that whenever she uses a shade, she almost always mentions if it would suit a darker skin color too and if not, then mentions a color that would suit. As an Indian girl, for me, this is what I really want to know when I see these videos online. Most of the gurus are Caucasian, the way the product looks on their skin color would be different from what it would look like on me. So, it is good when a professional helps in this way.
- She also sometimes does videos showing us face masks, easy healthy snacks, etc.
- She has a wonderful persona and a beautiful smile always! You will enjoy watching her videos.
- She is the #23 All-Time Most Subscribed Makeup Guru on YouTube, so she has a huge following and she is sensitive to everyone’s suggestions.
Check out MUG range of eye shadows, really pretty, highly pigmented colors for just $ 5.99 each (~Rs.300) and YES, they ship worldwide! These are supposed to have a quality that can compete with MAC and other high-ended brands! Her viewers voted for her top 10 eye shades which are shown in the swatches below:
All said and done, Marlena is a delight to view! I highly recommend her videos to anyone who wants to learn makeup by a sweet, lovely Makeup Geek likes ourselves! :high5: I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
Image Sources: www.makeupgeek.com
Happy Makeuping! 😀
Wayne Goss (gossmakeupartist): Renowned International Makeup Artist
Bridal Makeup Artist in Kolkata : Ask IMBB
Bridal Makeup Artists in Delhi – Ask IMBB
Freelance Makeup Artist and Wedding Lehengas in Delhi: Ask IMBB
How to Become a Makeup Artist
Makeup Artist in Pune : Ask IMBB
Professional Makeup Courses and Makeup School/ Academy in Delhi
A Dream Date with MAC Master- Vimi Joshi at Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week
MAC & Mickey Contractor Collection for Spring 2011
Makeup Tutorial by MAC Vimi Joshi
5 Youtube Videos on Everyday Makeup
7 YouTube Videos on How to Style Bangs
Youtube Videos for Exercise Regimen: Ask IMBB
5 Funny & Interesting Beauty Commercials From Youtube