WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
MATRIX OPTI.CARE SMOOTHING SHAMPOO REVIEW
Matrix opti.care range is specially formulated for chemically straightened hair. I was recommended this shampoo by my hair stylist, though I haven’t got my hair chemically straightened.
Product being reviewed: Matrix Opti.care smoothing shampoo
About the product:
Opti.care smooth and straight is a professional haircare line formulated to help control and smooth chemically straightened hair. Enriched with Silk amino acids and Shea Butter to help protect, condition and moisturize for healthy looking, silky, shiny hair.
Smoothing shampoo> Step 1> Cleanse.
Gently cleanses and moisturizes. Softens texture, tames frizz, adds shine and manageability to leave hair silky smooth.
Ally to wet hair and lather with a gentle massaging motion. Rinse. Follow with step 2> opti.care smooth and straight smoothing conditioner.
Shampoo- surfactant based.
Aqua/water, sodium laureth sulfate, disodium cocoamphodiacetate, dimethicone, sodium chloride, cetyl alcohol, hexylene glycol, hydroxystearyl cetyl ether, fragrance, benzoic acid, salicylic acid, propylene glycol, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, carbomer, benzylsalicylate, methylparaben, cocamide mipa, sodium citrate, disodium EDTA, citric acid, butylparaben, ethylparaben, hexylcinnamal, butylphenyl methylpropional, isobutyl paraben, propylparaben, arginine hcl, shea butter, silk amino acids.
Rs 260 for 200 ml
Best before 36 months from date of manufacture.
It comes in nice sturdy orange colored cylindrical bottle with a flip cap. The cap is quite tight, hence its travel friendly.
My take on this product:
- The shampoo is white is color and is not at all thick; it can drip from the sides of your palm if palm is tilted. It has a mild citrusy fragrance; I think it’s of guava.
- I have used entire bottle of this shampoo and I can say, that it’s true to its claims. I don’t know how it’s going to work on chemically straightened hair, but it definitely works very well for my hair. It cleans my hair in a single wash and removes oil completely. My hair feel very soft and smooth after wash. It lathers very well. Hair are quite moisturized after wash. It tames my frizzy hair, but at at the same time doesn’t leave my hair greasy or oily. My hair do seem straight later. My mom always had the problem that her hair would become rough after washing. But, now her problem is solved. She loves this shampoo. It reduces hair fall as well. The texture of my hair has improved with time. I have used it once with conditioner from the same range and I can say that, it improves the texture even more and benefits more. The fragrance of guava doesn’t linger for long after wash. This might be problem for people who love to use perfumed shampoos.
- The entire bottle lasts for long. It’s available in a bigger packing as well.
- Lives to its claims
- Nice fruity scent
- Lathers well
- Makes hair smooth and soft
- Moisturizes hair well
- Hair appear to be straight after wash
- Tames frizz
- Improves texture of hair after using regularly
- Hair fall has reduced
- Travel friendly
- Contains lot of chemicals(parabens also)
- Fragrance doesn’t linger for long after washing
- Availability is an issue (only at salons or online)
Imbb rating: 4.5/5
Will I repurchase?
Yes. I have already got the second bottle
Do I recommend?
Yes. If you have problem of frizziness, give this shampoo a try.
Matrix Biolage Deep Smoothing Shampoo
Matrix Biolage Smoothing Hair Serum
Matrix Biolage Root Nourishing Oil
Matrix Biolage Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
Matrix Biolage Fortetherapie Intensive Strengthening Masque
Loreal Total Repair 5 Masque
Loreal Absolut Repair Masque
L’oreal Professional Shine and Curl Masque
Montagne Jeunesse Chocolate Face Masque
Lotus Herbals Professional Cleansing Facial Green Masque
Forest Essentials Facial Scrub and Facial Treatment Masque
L’Oreal Professionnel Series Expert Liss Ultime Masque