WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Time for a skin care review in between make-up my sweet pals. Writing for IMBB gives you a chance to select and experiment with newer products. Origins share a good name in the market for it’s quality products formulated with natural ingredients. I picked up their Modern Friction Nature’s Gentle Dermabrasion. Let’s take a detailed look at the product performance.
A gentle exfoliator for perfectly polished, smooth, and luminous skin. Modern Friction offers age-smoothing exfoliation without irritation. Skin-refining rice starch, cushioned in cream rapidly removes dead cells, uneven patches, and signs of skin damage and discoloration. Fine lines and pores appear instantly diminished. Lemon oil starts the process of illumination, all while aloe soothes and prevents irritation, redness, or flaking. The exfoliator is scented with the perk-up aromas of bergamot and peppermint. Formulated without Parabens, Sulphates and Phthalates. Suitable for all skin types.
- Two to three times a week, squeeze into palms and massage over dry, clean skin in circular motions.
- For sensitive skin, massage over damp skin.
- Add a splash of water and work into a gentle lather. Rinse well. Follow with appropriate tonic.
Price: $39.5 for 125 ml. I have a 50ml tube, purchased online from Sephora.
- Rice Starch: This ancient Japanese beauty secret has the power to lift skin-dulling debris.
- Lemon Oil: A purifier and aromatic essential oil, it kick-starts the exfoliation process and provides antioxidant properties.
- Aloe: Known as “nature’s first aid kit,” it hydrates, softens, soothes, and nourishes the skin.
- Peppermint: Provides cooling and relaxing effects on the skin.
My Experience with Origins Modern Friction Nature’s Gentle Dermabrasion:
All of us are aware of the importance of exfoliation that it removes dead skin and reveals new layer of fresh skin, unclogs pores etc…. But, a vital benefit that we can get from regular and religious exfoliation (twice a week preferably) is the reduction of pore size. In severe winters, a harsh scrub can actually damage our skin because it’s already suffering dryness due to rough weather. This product claims to be a gentle dermabrasion and is formulated with natural ingredients of rice starch, lemon, aloe vera and peppermint.
Packaging: The Origin’s Modern Friction Nature’s Dermabrasion comes in a white squeezable tube with flip open cap. All the description is printed in olive color and the flip open cap is olive green too, which makes me like it a lot. It is light weight, closes tight and can be carried around when travelling.
Consistency, Texture & Exfoliating Granules: It is a thick consistency exfoliating scrub, white in color with light beige exfoliating granules. The texture isn’t as gentle as I predicted or expected from the description. The granules are of decent size and strong enough to properly scrub the skin. You can easily feel them, though the amount of exfoliating granules is small. The texture isn’t too creamy either.
Directions for usage suggest applying the scrub on dry skin (damp for sensitive skin) and message. Then splash some water and make gentle leather. A small amount, like in the swatch on my palm, is more than sufficient for one application. It lathers quite rich and you actually perform exfoliation and cleansing wash simultaneously. However, Origin’s Modern Friction Nature’s Dermabrasion has strong sensation and don’t ever try to open your eyes in between! Even if you don’t try to, after wash, it will bring some tears into your eyes and strong tingling sensation into your nose. It has dominantly citrus/lemon fragrance with peppermint, which makes you feel fresh. Loving it!
Performance & Results on skin: Origin’s Modern Friction Nature’s Dermabrasion makes my skin squeaky clean in one single wash. It removes dead skin, dry patches and reveals a smooth skin. Instant freshness can be noticed after the wash and lemon soothes my nerves. The exfoliation level is really satisfactory. The stinging in eyes and tingling in nose goes off in few minutes. It doesn’t damage my skin harshly and doesn’t rip off moisture excessively. Formulated with natural ingredients and without harmful chemicals, this is one perfect product to own.
- Perfect exfoliating scrub with appropriate amount and size of granules.
- Will be suitable for all skin types.
- Removes dead and dry patches of skin to reveal smooth new layer underneath.
- Lemon and peppermint soothes skin.
- Aloe vera prevents skin from excess drying.
- Contains all natural ingredients from glycerine, rose water, rice starch, lemon, aloe vera, peppermint, orange peel and essential oils.
- Parabens, Sulphates and, Phthalates are not used in manufacturing it.
- Unclogs and cleans pores leaving skin squeaky clean.
- Two-in-one scrub and wash.
- Travel safe.
Cons of Origins Modern Friction Nature’s Gentle Dermabrasion:
- Expensive and availability issues.
- Strong sensation brings tears into eyes and tingling in nose for few minutes after wash.
- Contains SLS.
IMBB Rating: 4.8/5
Would I recommend/repurchase Origins Modern Friction Nature’s Gentle Dermabrasion?
It is expensive, but it is worth every penny. I am really happy with it and will go for repurchase. Recommended without hesitation. Ciao 🙂 .
Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream Review
Origins Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief Soothing Face Cream Review
Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash Review
Origins Zero Oil Pore Purifying Toner with Saw Palmetto and Mint
Origins GinZing Energy Boosting Moisturizer Review
Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega Mushroom Skin Relief Lotion Review
Origins Drink Up-10 Minute Mask to Quench Skin’s Thirst Review
Origins Sensory Therapy Peace of Mind On the Spot Relief Review
Origins Mega Mushroom Face Serum Review
Nature’s Essence Gold Cleansing Scrub Review
Nature’s Essence Spanish Spearmint Exfoliating Face Wash Review