My exams are finally over and I can finally get back on track with IMBB and start doing what I absolutely love – that is writing reviews. I used to feel so much sleepy during my exams that I literally finished 2 bottles of coffee, but now, I do not feel sleepy at all, why so? Anyway, coming to the product, I love Purederm products and this is the last Purederm mask that I have in my collection, so thought of reviewing this up and also finishing it to create for more products to come in 😛 I have already reviewed the green tea variant and this is the lemon one. Let’s jump to the detailed analysis:
Rs. 55 for 10 ml in India and around $3 in the countries abroad.
- Deep Clean and Energizing.
- Purederm Botanical Choice Deep Cleansing Peel-Off Mask “Lemon” gently peels away impurities and dead skin cells while the refreshing scent of lemon extract recharges the senses and leaves skin feeling clean.
- The air-tight mask allows natural ingredients to penetrate deep into the pores to unclog and increase clarity and moisture.
How To Use:
1. Thoroughly cleanse face.
2. Open sachet and apply the mask in a thin and even layer.
3. Leave for approximately 15 minutes until it has completely dried, then slowly peel off (never PULL) the mask starting from the bottom of your face.
4. Rinse with water to remove any residue.
My Experience with Purederm Lemon Deep Cleansing Peel-off Mask:
I got this mask a long time ago when I went to the Beauty Shop, I always do a crime of impulse buying and end up using all my money in one go 😛 The mask comes in a bright yellow coloured packaging. It is very handy as you all know and this cute packet can be stored anywhere and will not take much of your space too. These masks tend to dry up soon if you are getting it from an online website so just keep in mind to use it as soon as possible. The gel is pretty sticky and it got stuck between my fingers too so I had to be really careful to use just one finger while applying it. It felt like I was making some craft art in school, felt like Fevicol.
The peel-off mask is light lemon yellow colour, but it looks like a transparent gel. The consistency is pretty thick and perfect for a peel-off mask. I know that applying a thick layer would create a mess, so I applied a thin even layer all over my face and neck. The fragrance of the mask is very natural and as soon as I sniffed it, I felt like I had sliced up fresh lemon. The smell is really good but not that overpowering. It took like 15-20 minutes for the mask to dry up and I noticed that all the Purederm masks are same in size and at times can be used twice but what happened here was my face was fully covered and there was only a little left, which would not be enough for one more application, so I had to throw the remaining product away. I relaxed while it dried up and then my skin started to feel stretchy and that was a hint that the mask had dried up completely.
I touched and realized that it was time to peel it off. I peeled it off starting from the neck area and pulled it upwards going near the face. The mask peeled off in just two attempts and it did not hurt my skin at all while peeling, so I was happy. My skin looked brighter and was soft and smooth. The blemishes appeared to be blurred for a while, but then came back to the original skin tone. The fragrance lingered around which I enjoyed, there was no need to follow up with a moisturizer, at least for me. I felt that my nose area was smooth and when I touched it, I could feel that it had cleansed that area deeply. So overall, I am really happy with the results and got what I wanted; a brighter looking and refreshed face, but they are just some instant helpers and have no long-term effects.
Pros of Purederm Lemon Deep Cleansing Peel-off Mask:
- Texture was perfect as a peel-off mask.
- Nice refreshing fresh lemony fragrance.
- Pack gets over in one go, so no mess of storing it.
- Contains lemon which makes the skin bright temporarily.
- Does not dry up the skin.
- Made my skin soft and supple.
- Cleansed clogged pores near the nose area, but all the pores were not cleaned obviously.
Cons of Purederm Lemon Deep Cleansing Peel-off Mask:
- No long-term benefit, skin just looks good for a couple of days.
- Gets used up in one go, some may prefer using face packs in tubes and tubs.
- Messy to remove, gets stuck in the hair.
- Whether its green tea or lemon, it functioned in the same way and there was no difference at all except for the name.
Would I Repurchase/Do I Recommend Purederm Lemon Deep Cleansing Peel-off Mask?
Yes, I do surely recommend and use it at least once a week to pamper your skin and boost up the tired skin, however, you may try the different variants too, but each one functions in the same way and there is no difference between the variants, and currently, I have many big tubes of peel-offs and face packs, so I will not buy again.
Purederm Green Tea Deep Cleansing Peel-Off Mask
Purederm Skin Brightening Natural Pearl Mask
Purederm Pearl Essence Mask
PureDerm Collagen Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes
Purederm Hydro Soothing Cucumber Pads
Khadi Green Tea Aloe Vera Hair Conditioner
Green Tea Face Scrub: Do It Yourself
Green Tea Beauty Products Available in India
St. Ives Blemish Control Green Tea Scrub
Sebamed Deep Cleansing Facial Toner
The Body Shop Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash
Montagne Jeunesse White Chocolate Ultra Deep Cleansing Masque
The Body Shop Blue Corn 3 in 1 Deep Cleansing Scrub Mask
VLCC Gold Peel-Off Mask
Jovees Apricot & Honey Peel Off Mask
The Body Shop Vitamin C Peel Off Mask
Pond’s White Beauty Peel-Off Instant Brightening Mask
Beauty Benefits of Lemon
Himalaya Herbals Oil Control Lemon Foaming Face Wash
The Body Shop Sweet Lemon Body Whip
Khadi Herbal Face Pack – Lemon
Freeman Facial Clay Mask with Mint and Lemon