Hello IMBB beauties! Today I’m reviewing Streetwear Metal eyes eye pencil in shade ’02 Silver Lining’. I was on a lookout for a silver eye pencil since quite some time and the Revlon SA showed me this Streetwear silver eye pencil along with the Revlon eye pencil. The pencil seemed very creamy on swatching on hand and was much more reasonable than the Revlon one. Since I hadn’t tried anything from Streetwear till now, I decided to pick up this pencil
Price: Rs 290
Streetwear does not appear to have a website but I found 3 other shades(metal brown, metallic turquoise, metallic green) listed on this website.
My experience with the product- The Streetwear metal eyes eye pencil comes in a sharpen-able pencil form. The body of the pencil as well as the cap is made of silver plastic which seems of good quality. The brand name and name of the shade is written in silver lettering on the body of the pencil which makes it a little hard to read and photograph. The finish of the pencil is ‘metallic’ and not ’shimmery ‘ or ‘glittery’. I prefer metallic finish since the shimmer is so fine and thus gentle on the eyes. The pencil itself is very soft and creamy and glides easily on the lids but transfers to the lashes if it comes in contact with them while applying. The staying power is good, it stays on until removed by makeup remover. I wore the pencil for about 16 hours and it was still intact at the end of the day on the upper lash line (which I had set with a little eye shadow) and had faded a bit on the lower lash line.
I applied it on my upper lash line and it looked a little stark so I toned it down with a little bit of black eye shadow from Coastal Scents 88 palette and then applied the pencil lightly on my lower lash line and finished off with mascara.
PROs of Streetwear Metal Eyes Eye Pencil
1. Packaging is sturdy and convenient- the body of the pencil is the colour of the shade so easy to identify.
2. The pencil is creamy and soft- glides easily on lids.
3. Long lasting- stays put until you remove it with cleanser.
4. Comes off easily with cleanser unlike some other long stay pencils that require rubbing and tugging to come off.
5. The finish is metallic- shimmer is very fine and hence gentle on the eyes.
6. Gives good pigmentation in single swipe
7. Good quality and quantity at the price.
8. Can be used in inner corner and under brow bone and blended with finger since it’s really creamy, to give a brighter look to the eyes.
9. Waterproof ( Yes I washed my face with water twice and it stayed put!)
CONs of Streetwear Metal Eyes Eye Pencil
1. Too creamy- transfers to lashes while applying if it comes in contact with them.
2. Have to be little careful while sharpening because of the creaminess of the pencil.
3. No ingredient list.
4. Not sure if it is waterline safe.
Overall verdict: It is creamy, waterproof, long stay eye pencil that is packaged in a sharpen-able pencil form made of plastic. The plastic body and cap of the pencil is sturdy and silver in colour so easy to identify. Finish is metallic and does not irritate or hurt the eye. It comes off easily with cleanser without any tugging or pulling. A good option for those looking for a long stay silver pencil under Rs 300. On the downside, one has to be little careful while applying and sharpening since the pencil is too creamy. No mention of ingredients or whether it is safe for use on waterline.
Will I repurchase: Yes. Would like to try out the other shades from the metal eyes range.
Revlon Street Wear: Shine Divine Lip Color
Street Wear Eye Shadows FX
Street Wear Color Rich Nail Enamel
Street Wear Stay On Eye Shadow
Streetwear Nail Paint Remover
MAC Unflappable Mega Metal Eyeshadow
MAC Peacocky Mega Metal Eyeshadow
Colorbar Star Metal Lip Gloss
Maybelline Forever Metallics Metal Shine Lip Color Pencil