Maxis have always been a style staple in every fashionista’s wardrobe. Not only these skirts are comfortable and incredibly flattering they are versatile too, with just little imaginations these can be worn in hot summer months with equal ease as in fall.
Before we go any further always remember that with longer lengths, it’s all about balance. To avoid being a fashion victim, just follow these simple tips for maxi-friendly dressing.
• Pay a close attention to the cut and length of the skirt before you invest your money on the garment. Generally streamlined styles look flattering on most body types, whereas the flouncier Bohemian styles can add weight and don’t flatter all figures. Also, walk around in it and make sure that the skirt isn’t too long. If the skirt drags on the floor, it’ll either need to be taken up a bit or you’ll need to choose another one to avoid tripping accidents.
• Fabric plays an important part if you are looking for a comfort in a garment. Try on maxi skirts in different fabric types to find the fabrics you think looks and feel best on you. Fabrics like rayon crepe, cotton, silk and chiffon really look good in maxi skirts.
• If the skirt is cut closer to the body, opt for a looser fitting top. For skirts that fit tightly, looser tops make an ideal contrast.
• Cropped jackets and sweaters also work well with these floor length skirts as the skirt keeps lengthening your body even though the top stops at your waist. A cropped top with heels can help elongate a shorter figure.
• Thin cashmere or similar style sweaters can look elegant when tucked into a maxi skirt.
• If you’re petite, wear heels to cope with the skirt length and to elongate your silhouette. If you’re taller, flats or heels will work with a maxi skirt. However, avoid flats that are completely closed in, or loafers, though beaded sandals look apt with maxi skirts. Pointy toes and knee-high boots don’t work either.
• Choose your accessories carefully when you plan to wear a maxi skirt as they can make or break you entire look. Opt for a large bag with a slim maxi skirt, but if you have opted for a billowy skirt then the same bag can make your figure look larger than it already is. Similarly, long chunky necklaces can look great with cropped, well fitted tops but may seem overdone with a frillier, billowing top.
So what are you waiting for, just give your beloved minis a break this season and opt for maxis that are both big in comfort and style.
DIY : 30 Minute Skirt Tutorial
Skirts for Your Body Type
6 Cool Ways to wear the High Waisted Skirts
How to style Mini skirts
How to Wear Full Skirts
How To Wear Bright Makeup
How to Wear Bright Colored Jeans
How to Wear Dark Lipsticks and Lipglosses
How to Wear Maxi Dress
How to Wear Leggings
How to Wear Belts