WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Hello IMBB beauties,
I will be reviewing here today my absolutely favorite these days, The Body Shop seaweed clarifying toner. I have been using this toner for almost 3 weeks now and I am sure I can put forth a decent review .
WHAT THE COMPANY CLAIMS ABOUT THE PRODUCT
An alcohol-free, refreshing and purifying toner.
Instantly and effectively conditions, purifies and refreshes the skin, removing excess traces of make-up and cleanser.Leaves skin feeling fresh, purified, looking shine-free, and better prepared to absorb moisturizing products in the Seaweed range.
Bladderwack Seaweed from The Roaring Water Bay co-operative, south west of Cork, Ireland. Set up in 1993 to address the problem so many communities face where local young people have to emigrate to find work, this co-operative protects the local environment and invests profits back into the local community.
Community Trade seaweed from Ireland. – Our Community Trade Bladderwrack seaweed has a very high mineral content, skin protective antioxidants and nourishing vitamins to balance skin tone, purify and clarify the complexion.
Algae – Algae and cucumber extracts to balance and hydrate the skin whilst reducing oiliness and refining pores for a clearer complexion.
Menthol – Menthol to cool and refresh the skin.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Use as part of a daily skin care regime for maximum skin-soothing benefits
Saturate a cotton wool pad and sweep across a cleansed face and neck.
• Cleanse first, using Seaweed Purifying Facial Cleanser or Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash, to remove make-up and impurities.
• Exfoliates to remove dead skin cells using Seaweed Pore-Cleansing Facial Exfoliator two or three times a week,
• Tone using Seaweed Clarifying to refresh and purify the skin while removing excess traces of facial wash or cleanser.
• Moisturize using Seaweed Mattifying Moisture Lotion SPF 15 or Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream in the morning and Seaweed Clarifying Night Treatment at night.
Price: Rs. 545
Water (Solvent/Diluent), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (Emulsifier), Trideceth-9 (Emulsifier), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Algae Extract (Natural Additive), Glycerin (Humectant), Methylparaben (Preservative), Fragrance (Fragrance), Propylene Glycol (Humectant), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Fucus Vesiculosus (Bladderwrack) Extract (Skin Conditioning Agent), Butylparaben (Preservative), Ethylparaben (Preservative), Menthol (Fragrance/Cooling Agent), Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Extract (Natural Additive), Isobutylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Salicylate (Fragrance Ingredient), Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone (Fragrance Ingredient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant).
The toner comes in a sturdy plastic bottle with a flip cap on top, which makes it very easy to use & handle.
Since it’s a see through packaging , its easy to judge how much you are left with /used 😀 😀
MY EXPERIENCE WITH THE PRODUCT
This has to be one of the best toners I have used till date and I am very sure that I am going to stick to it for a while.
Initially, when I started using it, I felt that it was a bit sticky on my face and my face got a little greasy too. I wondered as it is supposedly meant for oily skin, so it should not be making my skin greasy .Then I thought I might be using a bit too much of it than the required quantity. So the following day, I took a few drops of it on a cotton swab and just swiped across my face and neck , and my it didn’t make my face sticky at all then So, I have found that you should not too much of it for 1 time use . The toner is really refreshing and thus, I find it great for summers. It has a slight pleasant fragrance which I like. One thing I really like a lot about this toner is that it takes out /removes even the tiniest speck of dirt /makeup left on the face (even after cleansing.)
Now coming to how it has worked on my skin and what all issues it has dealt.
• I see a major reduction in my blackheads and whiteheads
• My post acne marks/ other blemishes have cleared a lot.
• Slight reduction in pore size
Overall, I am quite in love with this toner and I am definitely repurchasing this one
Pros of The Body Shop SeaWeed Clarifying Toner:
• Works really well in reducing blackheads & whiteheads.
• Reduces spots/marks/blemishes
• Slightly reduces the appearance of pores
• Will suit well to oily/ combination skin.
• Since a very little quantity is required, one bottle lasts for long.
• Skin feels very refreshed instantly after applying this.
• Removes any residual dirt left even after cleansing.
• Alcohol free.
• Easily available across TBS stores.
• TBS products are cruelty free/ TBS is against animal testing .
Cons of The Body Shop SeaWeed Clarifying Toner:
• It has parabens.
• If you expect your pore size to reduce drastically, or to a great extent, you may not like it.
• Some of us may find it a little expensive @ INR 545 for 200 ML .
IMBB RATING – 3.5 on 5 (-1.5 for all the above listed cons)
The Body Shop Reviews: Seaweed Purifying Facial Cleanser, Seaweed Mattifying Moisture Lotion, All-In-One Face Base, Cheek Colour
Biotique Seaweed Eye Gel & Almond Under eye Cream
The Body Shop Seaweed Iconic Clay Mask
The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream
The Body Shop Earth Lovers Shower Gel Pear & Lemongrass
The Body Shop Dreams Unlimited Eau De Parfum
The Body Shop Banana Shampoo