Claims : Create Tom Ford’s signature sexy, smokey eye look with this intense, kohl-effect pencil. It
Combines innovative technology with rich color pigments and glides on skin for an ultra-fluid application. Use outside and inside the lid for an instant sensual and sultry effect. Includes custom sharpener.
Colors available – 6 Blue, black , dark brown, copper, green, violet
Price : Us $36 / Rs 2200 approx
My Experience with Tom Ford Metallic Mink Eye Defining Pencil
I mean is there anything in his makeup that he didn’t get right? This pencil is just brilliiantt!!!
Metallic mink is a coppery brown eye pencil.
- It is sssuuper creamy..dreamy buttery creamy. Okay I have to admit that the first time I sharpened it, the tip broke because it was so creamy. But since then I have had no such issues. It comes with its very own se*y sharpener. Although you can sharpen this pencil with just any cosmetic sharpener. It fits.
- It is very pigmented.
- I love the beautiful metallic color. It’s almost a substitute for a n*de eye liner pencil for waterline. If you find n*de eye pencil difficult to pull off, try out this metallic shade. It opens up your eyes and makes your eyes look bigger. This tip works great especially on brown skin tones. 🙂
- It has never irritated my eyes.
- No tugging or pulling.
- You can use it on waterline. Or outside the eye. It works both ways. You can also create a full on or soft smokey eye makeup look with this pencil. You can smudge it quickly before it sets.
- It gives you enough time to blend and play around before it sets for all day long. I just find that it is not ideal to use it directly on the lids. I mean you have to have a primer and a hint of powder before you apply it. On bare oily lids, it moves and smudges and would fade after a few hours. It is not your regular waterproof- smudge proof eye pencil. It is a smudgy soft pencil for creating smokey eye but you can use it whatever way you prefer. Pretty much like you MAC Smolder Kohl.
- You can sharpen it and use it to create a defined liner on lids as well.
- It is not very shimmery. It’s just beautiful metallic brown that can be worn both during day and evening.
- The only drawback I found with this pencil was that it does not have the best staying power on waterline. I mean after 5 hours or so it pretty much disappears.
Despite the con, I absooolutely love this pencil and I can’t wait to get hold of the other shades. Except this color all the colors are very deep and dark so may be they have a better staying power on waterline. We’d see that. 🙂
Rating : 4/5
The sharpener :
EOTD : Today I have used it just on the waterline. But I’d definitley share a smokey eye EOTD in coming week using this eyeliner. 🙂 You can check out the full face shot here.
Btw that is Tom Ford’s signature smokey eye makeup look
Tom Ford Casablanca (03), True Coral (09), Flamingo (08) Lip Color Review, Swatch
Tom Ford Lip Colour – Violet Fatale Review
Tom Ford Lip Color – Cherry Lush
Tom Ford Eye Defining Pen – Deeper
Tom Ford Cheek Brush 06 Review, Photos
Tom Ford Lip Brush (21) Review
Tom Ford Eyeshadow (11) Brush Review, Photos
Tom Ford Foundation Brush Review
Tom Ford Lip Colour – Wild Ginger Review, Swatches
Wet N Wild Silk Finish Lipstick – Mink Brown Review
NYX Chrome Eye Shadow Mink, Seclude Review, Photos, Swatch
10 Best Metallic Lipsticks
Lakme Glide on Eye Colour Metallic Black Review, Swatch