Wayne Goss (gossmakeupartist): Renowned International Makeup Artist
There are a myriad of YouTube Makeup Gurus, bloggers, etc., that we as makeup lovers spend hours following. It’s like having an expert opinion brought right to our homes for free! Who wouldn’t love that?! Or if they are not certified MUAs then hearing/reading the reviews makes our life so much easier. Isn’t that why we all are here! It takes effort; patience and genuine care for other makeup lovers that makes a person start a Blog, Vlog, etc., all and my hats are off to such lovely people. For reviews on products, we needn’t go a step further than our very own IMBB. 😀 What I would like to draw your attention is to a video-blogger, certified makeup artist on the blogosphere – Mr. Wayne Goss (gossmakeupartist on YouTube; His blog).
He is a British MUA and boy he has changed the way I think and react about makeup! He has changed my perception and ideology of makeup forever! His videos are more about giving us an insight to the real makeup ethics, products, buzzwords, latest trends, makeup essentials, tutorials, reviews, advices, everything, the guy covers everything! He is exceptional at busting ridiculous makeup myths that have been circulating since decades due to false advertising and so on. He is very honest, frank, blunt and brutal about the truth behind every product he talks about. He says it like it is, there’s absolutely no false product placement here. His genuineness is so apparent and he gives huge importance to encouraging us to not just look beautiful but to feel beautiful too.
Makeup is meant not to hide behind but enhance our features and yes, watch him and he will make you realize that everyone has at least one amazing feature that makes us beautiful overall, Goss makes you fall in love with that feature of yours and guides in highlighting it.
Let me tell you some of the things I have picked up watching his videos on YouTube:
- Match your foundation to your neck, collar, shoulder area, it is the true color of your body and you want your face to match that. Do not swatch foundation, powder, concealer on your arms or wrist.
- When swatching lipsticks at a store, do not swatch on your arm, wrist, etc., swatch it on your finger tips. It’s the part of your body that is the closest in texture to our lips and hence will give us a better understanding as to how it will look on your skin after application.
- Every ad campaign is photo shopped extremely, be it still or moving ads. It’s impossible for anyone to have COMPLETELY problem-free hair, body, face, etc.
- Makeup is about enhancing, not hiding.
- Do not contour your nose like everyone else. First find out your nose type and contour accordingly to make your nose appear sharper, thinner, broader or whatever you desire (his video “How To: Contour Your Nose” is a must watch for this).
- Everyone has different eye shapes. For your eyes to look beautiful, you have to first find out the type and then work at it according to that. Not every color or technique or brush will work for every eye, but they have to be smartly adapted. Watch his video “How To Know Your Eye Shape.”
- Never apply powder to set your foundation with a brush. Yes! You should use a powder puff in a press and roll motion and then use the powder brush to merely brush away the excess. A secret for longer lasting foundation and more even tone on your face. Watch his video “Do Not Use Powder Brush To Apply Powder.”
- Highlighting the top of your cheeks, some places on your nose, under the eyes, brow bone, chin, cupids bow give and darkening you cheek hollows, some places on your nose, sides of face, under the jaw line is an art that if learned properly will make your face appear extremely sculpted and photogenic.
- To make your lips appear fuller, add some light, shiny product on your cupids bow and on the edge below the center of the bottom lip, it instantly “plumps” up your lips.
- To make your eye lashes appears very full, darker than darkness and very curly, apply some liquid liner to your lashes, wait for it to appear, than curl your lashes, this makes the curl hold shape longer, then apply your mascara as desired.
- To avoid clumps on your eyelashes, apply the mascara to your small brush comb, then brush through your lashes with the comb, you get a well-separated, no-clumps look. Can repeat this as many times to thicken up and add layers of mascara.
- Be light handed with your brushes when using them. Whether it’s on your faces or you picking up color from the pot, don’t squish the brush so that its hair bends at the base, merely stab its hair into the product and dab it lightly. This ensures the hair does not loosen inside the brush and fall out.
I could keep writing till 2013 starts and I still will not be done with all that I learn from watching his videos on YouTube. The best part is that he is still active and uploads new videos every week. He also does AMAZING international give-aways every month or so, who doesn’t love to win?! His videos are very easy to follow; they are short and to the point, no nonsensical blabber.
Did I mention he is good-looking and has a sexy Briton accent and at the end of every video, he does this wink for goodbye which is like his signature sign off move. It’s a huge sexy HIT among all his viewers, it is cute! Check out his videos girls, you will love him.
Happy Makeuping! 😀
Bridal Makeup Artist in Kolkata : Ask IMBB
Bridal Makeup Artists in Delhi – Ask IMBB
Freelance Makeup Artist and Wedding Lehengas in Delhi: Ask IMBB
How to Become a Makeup Artist
Makeup Artist in Pune : Ask IMBB
Professional Makeup Courses and Makeup School/ Academy in Delhi
A Dream Date with MAC Master- Vimi Joshi at Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week
MAC & Mickey Contractor Collection for Spring 2011
Makeup Tutorial by MAC Vimi Joshi
5 Youtube Videos on Everyday Makeup
7 YouTube Videos on How to Style Bangs
Youtube Videos for Exercise Regimen: Ask IMBB
5 Funny & Interesting Beauty Commercials From Youtube
62 thoughts on “Wayne Goss (gossmakeupartist): Renowned International Makeup Artist”
wow..thanx for this post Nafisa..very useful..
hey Nafisa what does this line mean “apply some liquid liner to your lashes, wait for it to appear, “
Wow Nafisa. Such good tips. thank you for educating us about Mr. Wayne Goss and his videos.
🙂 he deserves this attention!
I lovvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee goss makeup artist. I mentioned about him during the very beginning of iMBB. I will always owe my correct blush application to him. :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:
Ratiiiiiiiiii :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:
what jomo 😛
I had a very strong feeling u wud say this Rati! 😀 isn’t he just AMAZING!!
he is :))
Wow this is exciting :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
Wow… :woot: :woot: seems like a plethora of makeup knowledge to explore :makeup: :manicure: :mirror: ….thanks for sharing Nafisa :waytogo: :waytogo:
& there is much more to explore! :yahoo:
His tutorials are some of my very favorites to watch on youtube! Very straightforward, honest, and I think he’s cute (love the trademark wink at the end of each vid). :))
oh that wink is my fav too! :inlove:
This is gonna be soo helpful….thank you so much for such an excellent article Nafisa!! :waytogo:
🙂 Welcome Kimi!
:yes: :thanks: for this blog 🙂 🙂
gr8 post.. i watched tht highlight contour video .. its like wow!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
:stars: i’m struck struck with his ideas too!
i have seen few of his videos and i totally agree with you that he makes one feel beautiful..as in everyone in this world is beautiful :yes: :thanks:
cant thank u enuf
i used to feel im so unlucky to have hooded eyes
but now my perception changed 😀
That’s the magic of his videos! :heart:
this is so exciting :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: me going to watch his videos later at home. i like the eyeliner/mascara tip and the swtaches on fingertips waala too..
very useful post… :thanks:
btw, does anyone know where I can buy Liz earle skincare stuff? I want the eye cream..supposed to be damn good for dark circles..
I think u can buy it from their website Aru…they do ship to India!! 🙂
thanks Kimi..will check it out. :thanks:
He said “thank you” on Twitter. 😀 😀
😀 So sweet!! he he
wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww….so sweet :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
I COULD DIE if he read my article just die!! :woot: :heart: :pompom: :happydance: :balle: :yahoo: thanku for tweeting him Rati! :heart: i dint think of it myself!
Nice post. gr88 job nafisa. lovely name Nafisa mean precious, valuable
😀 i luv ur name too! 1 of my sis has that name :heart:
i have seeen his videoss…. he s just toooooooooooooo goood…. great post nafisa…. n thanks for sharing those tips :waytogo: :waytogo:
:thanks: :thanks: :thanks:
Welcome Nupur! 😀
wow i totally did not know about him..!! thanks for sucha great post nafisa.. i will surellyyy check all his videos out..!! :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:
Welcome Neha! 🙂
I checked out his videos Neha….great guy :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
jomu i checked out these two abhi k liye.. jab jab time mile subah shaam i will raid his videos… hes good looking too 😉 😉 😉
Neha….you will raid his videos….choooooo chweet you are :puchhi: :puchhi: :puchhi: :puchhi:
this is really a nice post.. :thumbsup: IMBB..please do some more on MUA’s ..that will be of great help :worship:
Sukanya………more posts coming up Sukanya….lots of info also coming:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:
nafisa very informative article….loved it :thanks:
Welcome Hana! 🙂
I had seen a couple of his videos – now will watch more.. thanks Nafisa 🙂
Welcome Bee! 🙂
geeee he looks darn hotttt!!!! :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:
that alone would be enough for me to listen to him! :tongue: :tongue:
Gosh I love British accent! :woot: :woot: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: and ofcourse i love Goss! :love: :love: :love: :love:
Thank you so much, Nafisa!!! I have a weakness for Brit and Irish accents 😀 😀 am sure I’ll love his videos! I’m still a noob in the makeup department, and IMBB is slowly teaching me new things and about new products!
:inlove: :inlove: me too love those accents! Everything sounds better with a briton accent! 😀
I have seen his videos nafisa..he is super awesome..loved ur article :yes: :yes:
Thanks Bhumika! 🙂
Thanks a lot for this article, Nafisa! :puchhi:
Will definitely check out his videos! :haanji:
Welcome Noorie! 🙂 Hope you enjoy them too!
I concur. Wayne Goss is a fab tutor and youtube favorite. His tutorials are insightful, educational, funny, cute, and just enjoyable. He has a soothing voice, laid back conversational tone which is not annoying. Plus, he is easy on the eyes. My all-time favorite vid is his recommendation of Kett foundation. It changed my makeup buying habits for the better.
I JUST LOVE WAYNE! Ive been watching him for the past 2 years! Ive learned tons n tons from him! He will forever be my favourite Youtuber!
Ps we do share similar names!