WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
The Magic of The Pixiwoo Sisters
Sam and Nic, as they address each other and as their loyal subscribers know them, are professional makeup artists from Norwich, UK. They have been active on the blogosphere since 2007. Their experience and passion for makeup is evident in every video they upload. Their tips and techniques are easy to follow and make you feel like a seasoned pro when you apply them in front of your mirror.
Even the most complicated of makeup techniques that we read about seem easy to comprehend because of their explanation. They take turns uploading videos and sometimes feature together. They usually show you how to achieve a complete look based on a celebrity or style in vogue. Apart from this, they also upload videos regarding new products or techniques of applying makeup depending on your face shape, eye size and setting, events and so on.
See their Celebrity Makeup – Haifa Wehbe Make Up Tutorial here.
I highly recommend watching their videos to any makeup enthusiast due to the following reasons:
- They are PROFESSIONAL MUAs and it shows. Right from the techniques they use to simple details like how they hold their brush, everything is thoroughly professional and watching them regularly rubs their little details off on us.
- Their rendition of celebrity makeup looks are SPOT ON. Watching the transformation is a pure delight.
- They give their honest professional opinion on any product they use.
- They respond to their viewers comments almost always, which makes it an even more satisfying experience.
- They use all kinds of brands, from high end to budget ones.
- They have categorized their looks decade-wise on their playlist page, which makes it so easy to skip into an era our mood wants to experiment with!
- They don’t just tell us how to do things according to our face shape, but actually show us.
- Their personalities are brilliant. They have a friendly and approachable persona, which makes it easy to not get overwhelmed by their high level of expertise. Both seem very fun and down to earth. I enjoy and look forward to their videos!
- They have fabulous giveaways every so often, who doesn’t love a chance to win! 😀
- They not only stick to the very wearable looks, but also show us unique and creative looks that satisfy the edgy girl in us.
- Around Halloween, their videos are the real candy treat! They give us multiple ideas for different looks we can try and actually show us how to do them ourselves.
- Whatever I know about the essentials of brow makeup, I owe it to Pixiwoo. This is such a vital area on our face and we at times find ourselves clueless about how to shape and if we should change, but they include corresponding brow techniques for every look they do. Some eye makeup looks better with toned down brows, others are enhanced by stronger brows. Whenever they do eye makeup, they show us how to style the brows too.
- Real Techniques and Samantha Chapman have launched makeup brushes that are so highly raved in the makeup community!
- They have another channel PixiwooMadness, where they upload shorter, usually 10-minute complete makeup tutorials. Even if their videos are long, they are very to-the-point and time flies when you watch them!
- They shoot videos in their studio where they take classes and they teach students’ makeup. So, they are not only professional makeup artists, but teachers as well, so the content and quality of the videos they upload make you feel like you are attending world-class makeup institution; where your favourite teacher takes every class, so each “class” is bound to be fun. 😀
- They interact with their subscribers/followers on social networking sites, which makes learning from them truly fun, on twitter and facebook.
There are many more reasons, but I want you all to have the pleasure of discovering them yourselves. Makeup is an art and Pixiwoo sisters are true artists!
Here’s Marilyn Monroe 1950s Make up Tutorial by Pixiwoo Sisters:
I hope you all enjoy learning from and watching Sam and Nic color the world of online makeup! O:)
Happy Makeuping! 😀
Image Sources: All images have been picked up from Google Images and the Pixiwoo Sisters website.
Makeup Geek TV Marlena Stell- Beyond Just a Regular Makeup Guru
Wayne Goss (gossmakeupartist): Renowned International Makeup Artist
Bridal Makeup Artist in Kolkata : Ask IMBB
Bridal Makeup Artists in Delhi – Ask IMBB
Freelance Makeup Artist and Wedding Lehengas in Delhi: Ask IMBB
How to Become a Makeup Artist
Makeup Artist in Pune : Ask IMBB
Professional Makeup Courses and Makeup School/ Academy in Delhi
A Dream Date with MAC Master- Vimi Joshi at Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week
MAC & Mickey Contractor Collection for Spring 2011
Makeup Tutorial by MAC Vimi Joshi
5 Youtube Videos on Everyday Makeup
7 YouTube Videos on How to Style Bangs
Youtube Videos for Exercise Regimen: Ask IMBB
5 Funny & Interesting Beauty Commercials From Youtube