Who doesn’t like the finish and the long wear of gel nail polishes? But visiting a salon frequently for a gel manicure might not be possible for all. So, when a drugstore brand launches a gel formula which promises all this in a single step, who wouldn’t be interested? I surely was and picked up a few shades from the newly-launched 1 step Wonder gel nail polishes from Wet n Wild. Today, I am reviewing the shades Stay Classy, Missy in Pink, Pardon my Peach. So, read on to find out how they fared on me.
$4.99. Prices may vary from store to store.
It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s Wonder Gel! The first gel formula that doesn’t require a top coat and cures without a lamp, this nail color breakthrough is about to become your nail superhero. Provides up to 2 weeks of color and shine in 1 easy step.
- Up to 2 weeks of color and shine based on consumer grading.
- No UV light required.
- No harsh removal.
- 3-Free! No Formaldehyde, Toluene, or Phthalates!
My Experience with Wet n Wild 1 Step Wonder Gel Nail Color – Stay Classy, Missy in Pink, Pardon My Peach:
Packaging: This range comes in a completely black glass bottle. I personally like to see the color of the nail polish through clear glass, so I am not really a fan of this packaging. There are stickers on the bottle which are supposed to match the shade of the actual nail polish. The bottle itself feels quite sturdy and heavy. The brush is a standard one which is okay to use. It makes the application easy, precise and mess-free.
Formula/Finish/Performance: The consistency of this nail polish range is slightly on the thicker side, but they do spread easily and go smoothly on the nails.
The USP of this range is that it promises to deliver a high-shine gel finish without a top coat or a UV light and I have to agree that it does provide a nice glossy finish to the nails and you do not need an extra top coat. Initially, I was very impressed with the finish; however, it does not stay as glossy for long. It starts to lose its glossiness by day 3 and the nail polish starts to chip and fade around the edges by day 5. This kind of a staying power is actually pretty good considering all the household work as well as vigorous typing on keyboard that my nails have to endure. However, the claim of 2 weeks of staying power seems a bit of a stretch to me.
The drying power of this range is pretty impressive and the nail polish dries in a minute or so. Even multiple coats dry fast. The nail polish is also easy to remove.
Now, for some detailed review of each of the colors:
1. Stay Classy: “Stay Classy” is a dusty mauve shade. It is a delicate shade which will look good on all skin tones and is quite appropriate for formal occasions or office wear. This shade is a single coater and you get a nice even finish in a single swipe.
2. Missy in Pink: “Missy in Pink” is a lovely bubblegum pink. It is a girly shade which will look good in the summer months. This shade requires two swipes for an even finish and for the nail line to be no longer visible. It is slightly thinner in consistency compared to the other two shades and applies slightly streaky.
3. Pardon My Peach: “Pardon My Peach” is a gorgeous peachy coral shade. This is a shade which screams summer to me and I can totally see myself wearing this in the upcoming warmer months. However, this is a bright shade and might not appeal to all. It is a kind of shade which makes the hands look slightly darker than they actually are. This shade does well in a single swipe, but I still do apply two coats for a more even finish.
Pros of Wet n Wild 1 Step Wonder Gel Nail Color – Stay Classy, Missy in Pink, Pardon My Peach:
- Pretty glossy finish.
- Good consistency of polish, applies well.
- Dries very fast.
- Easy to remove.
- Quite affordable.
- No formaldehyde, Toluene, or Phthalates.
Cons of Wet n Wild 1 Step Wonder Gel Nail Color – Stay Classy, Missy in Pink, Pardon My Peach:
- Missy in Pink applies slightly streaky and needs at least two coats.
- Claims of 2 weeks of staying power is not really true.
- Will not be an alternative to gel manicures at a salon.
Would I Repurchase/Recommend Wet n Wild 1 Step Wonder Gel Nail Color – Stay Classy, Missy in Pink, Pardon My Peach?
Yes, I would surely recommend you to try these out as this is a pretty good range of nail polish. I would surely try out other colors from this range.
Wet n Wild Wild Shine Nail Colors – Tickled Pink, Lavender Crème, Blazed, Kaleidoscope, Matte Top Coat
Wet n Wild Eyeshadows
Wet n Wild Color Icon Heather Silk Blusher
Wet n Wild Fergie Centerstage Perfect Pout Lip Color in Fuchsianista
Wet n Wild Silk Finish Lipstick – Cherry Frost
Wet n Wild Mega Shield Lipstick with SPF 15 – It’s a Girl
Inglot Dry and Shine Nail Enamel Drying Drops
Essie Fiji Nail Color
Sally Hansen Brilliant Bordeaux Diamond Strength Nail Color
Lakme True Wear Nail color #103 Twilight Mauve & #241 Metallics
Urban Decay Chaos Nail Color
Lakme Absolute Gel Stylist Nail Paint – Pink Champagne
Nails Inc Gel Effect Nail Polish – The Boltons and Grosvenor Crescent
Lakme Absolute Gel Stylist Nail Paint – Nude Glow
Nails Inc Gel Effect Nail Polish Uptown and Old Bond Street