Hello, pretty ladies!
A thing of beauty is a joy forever. This saying is most suited for a woman’s beautiful face. But, in today’s fast-paced life, our face loses its charm and responsibilities which start showing up on our face in the form of under eye bags. Having a challenging day ahead is already a concern we all fight with, but it can definitely get easier if we look our best. If your under eye bags are adding to your worries, you have landed on a perfect piece of writing to help yourself!
Scroll down to see them!
1. Scorching Sunshine:
With summers approaching fast, the brightness of the day goes to the level of burning your skin. As the under eye skin is the most delicate in our body, it tends to get affected the most. This is how sunlight affects you:
• It dehydrates the under eye skin.
• The discolouring of under eye skin.
• Causing sags under the eyes.
• More visibility of signs of ageing like wrinkles and fine lines.
Try these to help your skin:
• An efficient sunscreen.
• A pair of UV protected sunglasses.
• A broad hat/head covering.
2. Decode the Diet:
To rule the summer season with a fresh face and beautiful eyes with no under eye bags, it is crucial that you have a proper diet. It may come as a surprise but junk food makes you look older than your age. It is so because of the saturated fats and high sugar content in them. The processed food serves you nothing more than a shot of carbohydrates, fats and sugar. Want to know what constitutes the right diet? Here are a few quick notes for you:
• Do not eat fried food as breakfast.
• Baked recipes are the best alternatives to opt for.
• Avoid packed or ready to eat food.
• Opt for a continental feel by using olive oil.
3. Work that Puffiness Out!
Do you know that the discoloured under-eye skin and puffiness can be treated to eliminate totally in the long run with the help of facial exercises? It the one of the least explored ways of reducing under eye depressions and yet works the best. This is how you can be benefited by exercises:
• Opt for workouts which lead to increased blood flow towards the face and head (like headstands etc).
• Workout your facial muscles through simple exercises like filling your cheeks with air, holding and releasing.
• Using your fingertips to massage the area around the eyes for a proper blood flow.
4. Go Fizz Free!
This summer, let your under eye skin look better than before even at the days when you do not want to wear makeup by going fizz free. By fizz free, we intend to avoid all the hydrating drinks with fizz like soft drinks etc. The fizzy drinks shoot up the sugar levels and cause an imbalance in your body, making you look dull. Irrespective of what their advertisements portray, we all know how dreadful they are for our health. They serve us nothing but a sudden high shot of sugar. Thinking of alternatives? Here are some for you:
• Juice with lower sugar additives.
• Fresh lemonades.
• Mojitos!! (my favourite!).
• Fresh fruit juices.
5. Cold Compression:
This is one of the most tried, tested and verified techniques of fighting the under eye bags. Although it is the simplest method used, sometimes many of us do no get the desired results. It may be because we are not doing it right. This is how we are supposed to use cold compression:
• Keep two super clean stainless steel spoons handy.
• Refrigerate them for 20 minutes in a clean tray.
• Use a tissue to take them out to avoid contamination.
• Keep then under your eyes for 10-15 minutes.
• Cold compression can also be done by using potato slices or cucumber blocks.
• Using cucumber and potato, instead of a spoon, gives an extra cool and natural soothing effect to your eyes.
It is highly advisable to use this method twice a day for an instant skin upliftment. You can also make it a habit of including it in your makeup regime.
6. Never Sleep with Makeup On!
Are you one of those women who tends to skip removing makeup after coming from an exhausting party? Whether it is a day or late night, ladies make it a point that you always remove your makeup before going to sleep. ALWAYS! Never sleep with those layers clogging the pores of your facial skin for such a long duration.
This is what sleeping with makeup on does to your under eyes:
• It blocks the pores of under eye skin.
• Causes instant dehydration which turns into irreversible discoloration of the under eye skin.
• Allergy in the area around the eyes.
• Irritation of eyes.
• Redness in the eyes and excessive watering.
I think it is easier to remove makeup than dealing with either, any or all of these troubles! What say!
7. Go Slow with Sodium!
Do you know, more than often, all the swelling in our body has its roots connected to high sodium levels in our food? It is so because of sodium i.e. the common salt, we use in cooking is known to hold water in it. When we consume a high quantity of salt/sodium, it retains an even higher quantity of water in our body. And, you can very well guess what is that going to make us look like. It makes us look bloated, fluffy and puffy eyed. So, keep a close check on the quantity of salt you are consuming and see your puffy eyes turning into its better version.
Green tea needs no introduction for its contribution in maintaining the health and well-being of our body. But, do you know that green tea also comes with beauty benefits? Yes! And the benefit is you can complement your beauty regime with fitness regime to make it economical and convenient. This is how green tea helps in reducing under eye bags:
• Use dip packets of your morning green tea.
• Keep the boiled tea bags in a clean tray and refrigerate.
• Place them over your under eye skin with closed eyes for at least 15 minutes.
• Use herbal green tea dipping packs or mint variant of green tea for the most refreshing results.
9. Egg White:
Don’t worry vegans, I am not asking you to take them down your throat if you don’t want to. Egg whites come to rescue to those who have extremely discoloured under-eye bags. It is so because an excess of depression or puffiness not only needs a restoration of colour but also an addition of lustre to the deoxygenated skin. It also adds an instant firmness to the eye bags.
This is what you need to do:
• Separate some egg whites in a bowl.
• Whisk them gently.
• Apply them on the under your eyes with the help of a clean brush.
• Let it settle for at least 15 minutes.
• Rinse it off with cold water.
10. Sleep Tight zzzz!
If you don’t sleep properly, it does not matter how religiously you had followed all the above-given points, you may not be able to help yourself. When it comes to under eye bags, nothing in the world beats the effect of a sound sleep of at least 6-8 hours at night. I understand that it becomes so impossible sometimes to take an adequate amount of sleep but the stakes are too high. So no matter what comes, we should make time and effort to have a complete sleep regime.
If you are facing insomnia or minor sleep disorders, these little tips can help you:
• Take a warm shower half an before going to bed.
• Try reading a paperback book or kindle, not advised on mobile or laptop screen.
• Avoid using your mobile phone right before sleeping.
• Switch to a light instrumental music as it has a calming effect on the mind.
Ladies, you all are the backbone of your homes and the heroine of your lives, do not compromise on your health. Look your prettiest, live your life to fullest! 🙂
10 Tips and Tricks to Rock the Size Zero Figure Like a Celebrity
10 Tips and Tricks to Deal with Combination Hair
10 Tips and Tricks for Buying Fabulous Shoes
10 Eyeshadow Tips and Tricks that will Make You Look Younger
How to Get Rid of a Stubborn Body Tan and Achieve Flawless Skin
5 Best Ways to Get Rid of Upperlip Hair at Home
Multipurpose Face Pack to Get Rid of Tanning, Blackheads and Facial Hair
How to Get Rid of Under Eye Bags with Makeup
How to Reduce Bags Under Eyes