By Apoorva Singh
Hope you all are doing great. Today, I’m going to discuss the health and beauty benefits of lemon essential oil. The fresh and soothing fragrance of lemon attracts everyone. Especially in summer, we include lemons vastly in our diet and beauty regime. Lemon essential oil is extracted by cold-pressing the fresh lemon fruits, mainly the rinds (zest). It is a rich source of vitamin C, which makes it beneficial for our skin and health. So, let’s read about the benefits in detail.
1. Boosts your Mood Naturally:
The citrus fragrance of lemon essential oil is very calming and positively affects your mind. It instantly provides a relaxing feeling, and thus, it boosts your mood. According to some psychologists, inhaling of fresh fragrances like lemon essential oil will act as a de-stressing agent, thereby making you feel fresh and lively.
2. As a Cleanser and Toner:
Lemon essential oil contains cleansing and astringent properties which are beneficial for your skin. It can act as an excellent toner too. The regular use of lemon essential oil will also help in treating your acne and blackheads. Also, it prevents secretion of extra oil and sebum from your oil glands, and thus, it prevents the occurrence of further acne and blackheads.
How to use?
• All you have to do is mix few drops of lemon essential oil in distilled water (you can also use plain water). Store it in a spray bottle and refrigerate it. You can use it regularly as a toner.
• For removing blackheads, mix a drop of lemon essential oil in baking soda and add a little amount of distilled water to make a thick paste. Rub it on your blackheads for a few minutes and then, wash it off.
3. Natural Skin Lightening:
Lemon essential oil contains citric acid, which is an effective skin lightening and detoxifying agent. It contains bleaching properties, and thus, it helps in lightening the skin tone and treats dark spots, blemishes and pigmentation. It also helps in instantly brightening up the dull skin.
How to use?
Mix 4-5% of lemon essential oil in any carrier oil. Use it as a brightening facial serum.
4. Goodbye Dandruff!
We all know the benefits of lemon for our hair. Similarly, lemon essential oil is also good for our hair. It helps in treating different hair-related issues such as oily scalp and dandruff. It also contains anti-bacterial properties, which proves it to be beneficial for treating certain bacterial infections caused by excessive sweating during summers.
How to use?
Mix a few drops of lemon essential oil in Luke warm water and rinse your hair with this mixture.
5. Nail Strengthener:
Yes, you read it right. Lemon essential oil also works wonders for your nails. It strengthens them and also prevents them from any fungal infections.
How to use?
• Mix lemon oil with sweet almond oil and massage it onto your nails.
• Mix 4-5 drops of oil in warm water and soak your nails for 10 minutes.
Precautions while using lemon essential oil:
• Lemon essential oil promotes photosensitivity, which means, it can cause sensitive reactions on your skin during sun exposure. So, avoid facing direct sunlight.
• It is not advisable for pregnant women as their skin becomes very sensitive during this period.
• You can preferably perform a patch test before using it.
10 Amazing Health and Beauty Benefits of Almond Milk
Health and Beauty Benefits Of Carrots
6 Health and Beauty Benefits of Soy Milk
6 Health and Beauty Benefits of Yarrow Essential Oil
Aroma Magic Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
Fab India Tea Tree Essential Oil
7 Essential Oils That Can Actually Treat Your Acne