WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
I rarely ever replicate any celebrity’s makeup . There is no particular reason. For me makeup is very mood dependant. Some day I’d be in a red lipstick mood on a bright sunny day and someday I’d go for a natural look even for evenings. So there is never a particular look that I am going for mostly when I do my own makeup. But boy! Aishwarya Rai has such a star power. She makes you sit and take notice of her. I got obsessed with her makeup at the recent Cannes 2015 appearance. I dug out all that I had from my makeup kit and went all out to recreate the look. I don’t know I may or may not have succeeded in replicating the Queen B’s makeup look. I kinda loved how I tried something new and fresh. Hope you like it. 🙂
These were the inspiration pics. 🙂
And that’s my take.
Here’s the eye makeup breakdown. From what it looked like that there was a shimmery white eyeshadow and a shimmery taupe eyeshadows used both on the lid and crease. I used The Balm Nudetude Palette and used only 3 colors – sassy ( for inner corner and browbone), selfish (a medium shimmery taupe for all over the lid), Sophisticated ( a deep shimmery taupe for crease). The liner was very lightly winged for the upper lash line. I used Bobbi Brown Eyeliner Pencil in Pacific, which is a gorgeous teal green pencil. Finished off with some wispy eyelashes and mascara.
I didn’t realise the lips could be a tricky part until I stared at the pics, esp at her pouty pic and realised that there was a gorgeous ombre going on.
So for lips I filled my lips with a wine lip pencil, the applied red lipstick just on the centre of the lips and with a thin brush I took matte black eyeshadow and traced it around my lip line. Then with a clean lip brush I blended in the edges to make everything look smooth and gradient.
Products Used and Dupes :
- The Balm Nudetude Palette. Dupe : L’oreal Bronze Taupe, MAC Stain Taupe, L’oreal Smokey Brown Palette
- Tom Ford Liquid Eyeliner
- Tom Ford Brow Pencil
- L’oreal Million Lashes Mascara
- Bobbi Brown Eyeliner in Pacific. Dupe : Revlon Eyeliner in Glazed Green, Colorbar Eyeliner in Jade, MAC Eyeliner in Undercurrent
- Guerlain Parure Gold Foundation
- The Balm Bronzer Bahama Mama
- YSL Blush Radiance. Dupes : MAC Frankly Scarlet, Jordana Blush in Redwood
- The Balm Mary Lou Manizer (for highlighting)
- Estee Lauder Lip Pencil Wine . Coloressence Lip Liner Wine Shine, MAC nightmoth, Lakme Lip Pencil Go Grape, Revlon Lip Liner Burgundy
- Tom Ford Lipstick Ruby Rush
- Black eyeshadow from the palette.
You could use L’oreal Pure Garnet Lipstick too.